Feedback Simulator

Can I copy the pitchblock into other presets?

yeah, the patch is screwed in v9 - all the parameter linking stuff is out of whack and the amp settings are mangled as well.

here's a new version for v8/v9

external 1 controls the feedback

i did this with axe edit, so check cabs etc

play around with the pitch shifter settings for different effects. try reducing the level of the shifter that is set to 0, if you want more harmonic content in the feedback and try different values for the other shifter which is currently set to +19. +7 is quite nice.

i think with a bit of tweaking, it could be made better. i'm only pushing the pedal down about half way in my example, to get a mix of dry and pitch shifted signal, which means the compressor isn't at full mix. playing around with the curves might yield better results.

FW: V9b

I'm getting heavy (unnatural?) compression on the attack. Don't know if that was intended or not. You absolutely nailed the tail end. Very sweet.

Time to get a couple of Mission pedals. :)

Thanks Simeon!

this patch will only work with a pedal, because for normal play, the pedal needs to be in the toe up position...effectively bypassing the pitch block and the compressor. when you hold a sustained note, you push the pedal slowly down and this mixes in the pitch and compressor to sustain the note and add harmonic content.

Simeon, this is really cool. I'm subscribing to all these threads that have things that I want to try out once axe edit is up. This is number 1. I love controlled feedback, and anything that can get me there quicker is awesome in my book.

this patch will only work with a pedal, because for normal play, the pedal needs to be in the toe up position...effectively bypassing the pitch block and the compressor. when you hold a sustained note, you push the pedal slowly down and this mixes in the pitch and compressor to sustain the note and add harmonic content.

Ok, that makes sense.
I am sans expression pedals at the moment. I was able to test in AE (don't tell anyone) by setting the controller source to none and tweaking manually.

Hi. Would it work with other presets? Can I copy the pitch and compressor blocks to other presets`?

I know the answer, but I'm not going to tell you. I want you to try it for yourself and report back your findings.

Ok? :)

sorry for bumping this but it sounds too cool! :p
is there a way to emulate this without a pedal (and at home without having an amp ofc)? Any ideas?

I'm not in front of my AXE, but if I recall there are two separate parms controlled via Exp1. I don't have a pedal, but was able to experiment using AE and some quick mouse work. It really needs a pedal though to make it a usable effect.

Thanks to simeon, I have a valid reason to purchase a pedal. :)

Back
Top Bottom