FCB1010

voes said:
For all those who want to use the behringer fcb1010 with the axe-fx I gathered some usefull information:

http://www.voes.be/fcb1010

A direct link for an example using the axe-fx with the fcb1010
http://www.voes.be/fcb1010/software/fcb1010_axe-fx.zip

Hello Patrick,

I am a new axe-fx user from germany.
Now I have auctioned (ebay) a FCB1010 with UNO-Chip (sorry for my bad english).

I have your example for the FCB load in mine FCB (thank you very much for this!)
The preset change works but the expression-pedals and the stomp-box switches do nothing.

I dont know what settings must I do in the I/O-menu in the axe-fx so that works !!!!

Thanks for help!
Uwe

jimi_the_guitarhero said:
voes said:
For all those who want to use the behringer fcb1010 with the axe-fx I gathered some usefull information:

http://www.voes.be/fcb1010

A direct link for an example using the axe-fx with the fcb1010
http://www.voes.be/fcb1010/software/fcb1010_axe-fx.zip

Hello Patrick,

I am a new axe-fx user from germany.
Now I have auctioned (ebay) a FCB1010 with UNO-Chip (sorry for my bad english).

I have your example for the FCB load in mine FCB (thank you very much for this!)
The preset change works but the expression-pedals and the stomp-box switches do nothing.

I dont know what settings must I do in the I/O-menu in the axe-fx so that works !!!!

Thanks for help!
Uwe

Hallo uwe,

I would suggest to use a sysex-recorder like http://www.bome.com/products/sendsx (set the midi in and out to the right interface)

then hook the fcb1010 to the computer and see if the sysex-recorder records any of the switches and expression-pedals

Wenn du dass pedal oder die tasten beruhrt, leuchtet die midi led auf der Axe-FX? Wenn die leuchten empfangt die Axe-FX ein midi signal und wirkt dass FCB wahrscheinlich gut.

Das Axe-FX handbuch hat deutlich heraussetzung uber die midi einstellung. Wenn das Englische handbuch ein problem ist, G66 hat ein Deutsches handbuch: http://www.g66.eu/images/Manuals/AxeFx-Manual-DE.pdf
Und es gibt ein "babel corner" auf dieses forum wo viele Deutschsprachigen herumfahren.

Die kennen wohl richtig besser Deutsch dann ich.

Dutch said:
Wenn du dass pedal oder die tasten beruhrt, leuchtet die midi led auf der Axe-FX? Wenn die leuchten empfangt die Axe-FX ein midi signal und wirkt dass FCB wahrscheinlich gut.

Das Axe-FX handbuch hat deutlich heraussetzung uber die midi einstellung. Wenn das Englische handbuch ein problem ist, G66 hat ein Deutsches handbuch: http://www.g66.eu/images/Manuals/AxeFx-Manual-DE.pdf
Und es gibt ein "babel corner" auf dieses forum wo viele Deutschsprachigen herumfahren.

Hallo Dutch,

vielen Dank für deine Antwort!
Dein Deutsch ist so schlecht wie mein Englisch! :lol:

Ich bin leider Anfänger mit dem Axe und deshalb habe ich ziemliche Probleme!
Mit Midi habe ich noch nie gearbeitet und deshalb nun zusätzliche Probleme mit dem FCB1010 !

Ich denke das mit dem FCB alles ok ist, da die MIDI-LED beim Axe leuchtet sobald ich am FCB
einen Taster oder ein Pedal bediene.
Es liegt an den Einstellungen im I/O-Menü am Axe.
Ich habe von Voes dieses Beispiel geladen: http://www.voes.be/fcb1010/software/fcb1010_axe-fx.zip
Was muss ich mit diesem Beispiel am Axe im I/O-Menü einstellen????

Danke für deine Hilfe!!
Gruss Uwe

Dutch said:

Hallo Dutch,

Mit Midi habe ich noch nie gearbeitet und deshalb nun zusätzliche Probleme mit dem FCB1010 !

Ich denke das mit dem FCB alles ok ist, da die MIDI-LED beim Axe leuchtet sobald ich am FCB
Ich habe von Voes dieses Beispiel geladen: http://www.voes.be/fcb1010/software/fcb1010_axe-fx.zip

Danke für deine Hilfe!!
Gruss Uwe

Uwe,

from the readme.txt:

obere Reihe ist stompbox mode
button 6-10: CC 26-30 (also button 6 = CC26, button 7 = CC27, ..... button 10 = CC30)

Jeder patch sind die Exp. pedale:
exp A: CC 4
exp B: CC 7
und tap tempo auf CC 64

zum Beispiel: du hast gerne
stompbox 6: DRIVE on/off (CC26)
stompbox 7: MOD on/off (CC27)
stompbox 8: DELAY on/off (CC28)
stompbox 9: PAN/TRE on/off (CC29)
stompbox 10: REVERB on/off (CC30)
tempo on jeder patch (CC64)
expr A: WAH freq (CC4)
expr B: VOLUME (CC7)

in I/O CTRL-menu stellen sie die controllers ein:
OUT1 VOLUME 7 (expr B)
TEMPO TAP 64
EXTERNAL 1 4 (for WAH freq) (expr A)
CHORUS1 BYP 7 (stompbox 7)
DELAY1 BYP 8 (stompbox 8)
DRIVE1 BYP 6 (stompbox 6)
FLANGER1 BYP 7 (stompbox 7)
PHASER1 BYP 7 (stompbox 7)
REVERB1 BYP 10 (stompbox 10)
TREMOLO1 BYP 9 (stompbox 9)

Auf jeder axe-fx patch with wah:
selectiere wah
edit
selectiere freq
enter
ändern sie die source: external 1
Blättern Sie nach unten
ändern sie die autoengage: slow or med or fast
hit exit

voes said:
Dutch said:

Hallo Dutch,

Danke für deine Hilfe!!
Gruss Uwe

Uwe,

from the readme.txt:

button 6-10: CC 26-30 (also button 6 = CC26, button 7 = CC27, ..... button 10 = CC30)

und tap tempo auf CC 64

OUT1 VOLUME 7 (expr B)
TEMPO TAP 64

selectiere wah
edit
selectiere freq
enter
Blättern Sie nach unten
hit exit

Hallo Patrick,

I say thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.....
so much for the unbelievably important informations for me with the Axe and the FCB1010!!!!!
I created it now finally and it works very well (owing to your assistance)!!!

Kindest regards and rock on
Uwe

voes said:
Uwe,

from the readme.txt:

und tap tempo auf CC 64

OUT1 VOLUME 7 (expr B)
TEMPO TAP 64

selectiere wah
edit
selectiere freq
enter
Blättern Sie nach unten
hit exit

Hallo Patrick,

I say thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.....
so much for the unbelievably important informations for me with the Axe and the FCB1010!!!!!

Uwe

Nichts zu danken. Of course you owe me now a beer (or two) :cool:

voes said:
voes said:
Uwe,

from the readme.txt:

und tap tempo auf CC 64

OUT1 VOLUME 7 (expr B)
TEMPO TAP 64

selectiere wah
edit
selectiere freq
enter
Blättern Sie nach unten
hit exit

Hallo Patrick,

Uwe

Nichts zu danken. Of course you owe me now a beer (or two) :cool:

Hi Patrick,

an welche Adresse soll ich das Bier (oder auch 2) versenden?

Eine Frage noch:
gibt es die Möglichkeit über MIDI den Computer -> das FCB1010 -> und den Axe
gleichzeitig miteinander zu verbinden?

Grüße Uwe

Hi Patrick,

an welche Adresse soll ich das Bier (oder auch 2) versenden?

Eine Frage noch:
gibt es die Möglichkeit über MIDI den Computer -> das FCB1010 -> und den Axe
gleichzeitig miteinander zu verbinden?

Grüße Uwe

midirouting_jr.jpg

muss gelingen. LF jr. ersetzten durch FCB1010.

Im Ripwerx - Global settings: MIDI Merge Mode : ON

Hey, sorry if this has been covered before !

My own presets start at 256 on the Axe Fx's, how can i acces these with FCB1010?

Please someone give me step by step instructions how to do this

Thank you

poyta said:
Hey, sorry if this has been covered before !

My own presets start at 256 on the Axe Fx's, how can i acces these with FCB1010?

Please someone give me step by step instructions how to do this

Thank you
'I/O' -> 'MIDI' -> 'MIDI PC OFFSET' -> '256'

A Big Thank You to You Voes!!!! I used your Axe template. Dropped into the FCB through sNoize! This is the perfect solution till I get my hands on the Fractal controller (Whenever that is). Learning more and more everyday thanks to contributors like yourself!
Peace,
John (aka Tubescorcher)

Tubescorcher said:
A Big Thank You to You Voes!!!! I used your Axe template. Dropped into the FCB through sNoize! This is the perfect solution till I get my hands on the Fractal controller (Whenever that is). Learning more and more everyday thanks to contributors like yourself!
Peace,
John (aka Tubescorcher)

Thanks! Of course now you owe me a couple of fine cold beers :cool:

FCB External switch relays

I noticed when modding my FCB, as I was testing switches with the unit open I could hear a distinct "click" on every preset. I also saw the Switch 1/2 leds on the display would flash on momentarily. The two switches are for controlling external devices, like channel change or effect bypass, anything that can use a 1/4" switch. For most of us using the AxeFX these are unnecessary.

There are relays mounted on the main circuit board that control the switching, these make the "click" sound. By default Switch 1 & 2 are set to "off" in every preset - but even though it basically goes from "off" to "off" when changing presets, it still triggers the relay.

Since the relays have physical moving parts, and use voltage to move them, I prefer to do without this. Seems like it would be a lot of wear and tear over time, even though I'll never use the switch outputs if something goes bad it could burn out other components.

The solution is simple, each of the two switches can be set to "On", "Off", or "NC" (No Change) in each preset. In Ripwerx, check box blank = Off, X = On or NC = No Change. Just set them to NC on every preset, no clicking and no switch LED's light up.

You can easily check this on your board, if you press a preset switch and see the SW1/SW2 led's blink. You can probably notice the clicking sound as well.

I received today my UNO eprom, I had FCB1010 since I bought the Axe and I was never happy with it, now with the UNO it is a good enough solution for controlling the Axe live. Thank you very much Voes, I was about to throw my FCB1010 in the bin!

Been waiting 2 weeks for my uno chip so I got tired of waiting and starting programming the FCB1010.

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere because I did search A LOT of the ability to access banks B and C, but I figured out how to do it. It's kind of clunky right now, but that's because I don't have stompbox mode yet and this was more of a trial run.

Basically I set up one bank as a stompbox/utility bank and all the other banks are just for patch selection going from 1-90 (9 banks of 10 preset selections). These are all just PC1 settings with foot controllers on the same CC#'s assigned to each.

The utility bank is set up with buttons 1-7 each assigned CNT1 with CC# from 1-7 (to make it easy to remember). These are the "stompboxes" and will not have the LED on the FCB reflect the state of the effect, but that is the stock firmware's limitation.

Buttons 8-10 are my bank select buttons. Button 8 is a CNT1 CC#0 value 0, button 9 is CNT1 CC#0 value 1, button 10 is CNT1 CC#0 value 2. So button 8 is bank A, button 9 is bank B and button 10 is bank C. Once you are in that specific bank all the preset buttons on the FCB's other banks will select the first 90 patches in that bank.

So if you want to use bank B, go to the utility bank, press the 9 button and then use the up or down button to access a preset bank and select a patch. Any patch you access from this point is bank B until you go back to the utility bank and select button 8 (A) or 10 (C).

Now I did use it last night and discovered that the operational layout I chose isn't great. Once again as soon as I get the UNO chip I am pretty sure that having stompboxes on the same FCB bank as preset selections will be much better. This was more of just seeing if it was possible.

A few other options if you don't want to use 3 buttons:

If you wanted just banks A and B you can set up one button with a CNT1 of CC#0 value 0 and CNT2 CC#0 value 1. So now you have a toggle button that chooses between A and B (press it once it's bank A, twice it's bank B). You could do another button with CNT1 CC#0 value 0 CNT2 CC#0 value 2 and it toggles between A and C. It save a button or two. One application for that would be to use button 10 as bank A/B select on every FCB bank and now you'd have 8 preset selections per FCB bank instead of just 5. Not sure if that's practical, but it's more preset selections.

I'm going to try to create a sysex file some time today that has 5 stomboxes, 5 preset selections and both pedals on banks 0-8 and bank 9 with 5 stompboxes, 1 preset selection, 1 tuner, both pedals and 3 bank selections. I'll post it here if anyone is interested. This will only be for the stock FCB1010 firmware at this point.

If this has been discussed before than I aplogize for cluttering up the place.

Here is the sysex with the utility/stompbox bank in case you want to look at it. It's probably a lot easier to look at than to read my jibberish.

Attachments

• test.syx
    2.3 KB · Views: 17
  • ABC select Behringer firmware.syx
    2.3 KB · Views: 12
And just to add, you can access a patch directly from any of the banks by just adding a CNT1 CC#0 with a value of 0-2 that corresponds to the back and than a PC5 of the patch number in that bank.

For example to access patch 129 you would create a button with CNT CC#0 value 1 with a PC5 of 1.

You could also make it so that it toggles between preset 1 of patch A and preset 1 of patch B by making CNT2 CC#0 value 0. The problem with that is that it toggles even when you select other presets. So if you had two buttons setup like this and went from patch 001 to patch 002 it would actually got to 130 and you'd have to toggle it to get to 002.

You have to use PC5 because it is sent after the CNT message. If you use another PC message it will not go to the correct bank first.

But the main thing is that if you do switch between banks I'd recommned that you put a CNT1 number of the bank in the preset so that it always goes to the right patch.

Back
Top Bottom