FCB1010

I feel like an indiot - I'm trying to get the wah to work using ripworks editor but I can't figure out where the cc is for the wah frequency filter - all I can get the pedal 2 to do is toggle the bypass on the wah...waaah - everything else seems to work so far (stomps and pc's and global volume on pedal 1) I've read the thread but didn't see this specific issue... :?

carterpiano said:
I feel like an indiot - I'm trying to get the wah to work using ripworks editor but I can't figure out where the cc is for the wah frequency filter - all I can get the pedal 2 to do is toggle the bypass on the wah...waaah - everything else seems to work so far (stomps and pc's and global volume on pedal 1) I've read the thread but didn't see this specific issue... :?

good news is that the FCB1010 is communicating right with your AXE-FX

but you're doing it wrong. (since I'm at work and don't have my Ultra near me, this might not be 100% but you will figure it out )
In the Axe-Fx:
set NO CC to the WAH
instead use the CC you used for the wah for EXTERNAL1
set WAH bypassed

goto the WAH block
goto the FREQ parameter
hit enter
change modifier from NONE to EXTERNAL1
move to the bottom untill you see autoengage and set it to something different then NONE

autowah should work now

I knew there was something I was missing - but staring at the screen and swearing wasn't gettin it done :roll: Thanks for your help and all the other info - I'm starting to see the logic

I'm wondering how to reverse the stompbox switch - I'd like to have some stomps default to on when a patch is selected so I dont have to switch multiple times...

I installed the UNO chip and have some Uber newbie questions:

1. Should i back up all my banks?
2. Just wondering which is preferable, Ripwerx or the other editor?
3. Is there anything i need to do to my FCB1010 (after UNO installation) before i start using one of the editors?
4. I have never used a Midi controller...is it weird that i am nervous about using it....

Any help would be super appreciated...like i said i'm kinda nervous about this and just want to make sure i take the proper precautions. ;)

carterpiano said:
I'm wondering how to reverse the stompbox switch - I'd like to have some stomps default to on when a patch is selected so I dont have to switch multiple times...
Ripwerx.
It's in the manual. Just check the boxes.

The FCB1010 sends all the stomps CC's after a Program Change (PC). So, if you select a patch on the FCB it sends all programmed CC's as off. Even if the effect was on in the patch in the Axe it will be off when you select that patch with the FCB. In Ripwerx, first page, select the preset and check the box for the stomp(s) you want on. Then load the sysex into the FCB.

Another fun thing in the FCB is that it can send a tempo message if you push the same patch button twice. Calculates the time between pushes and sends it. Saves a tempo button and one push if you need to change the tempo right after the patch. Brilliant. Don't know if any of the other controllers do that.

D20 said:

3. Is there anything i need to do to my FCB1010 (after UNO installation) before i start using one of the editors?
4. I have never used a Midi controller...is it weird that i am nervous about using it....

Any help would be super appreciated...like i said i'm kinda nervous about this and just want to make sure i take the proper precautions. ;)
1. Definitely need to back up your banks to sysex.
2. I like Ripwerx, never tried the other. Loving 5/5 stompbox mode.
3. Mine needed to be initiated and calibrated again IIRC. The instructions are included or on Ossandust's and Voes's websites. It's easy.
4. Ehmm. What's the question?

No need to be nervous. It's super easy. Even if you never opened up an appliance before. Ever used a glue gun? The white gunk you see on the components in the FCB is glue gun glue. It sticks well enough to hold stuff in place but some strategically applied force will have it come off easily. Do not use sharp metal tools (like screwdrivers) when in the neighbourhood of the circuit board to avoid scratching the tracks. Use plastic tools (guitar pick, credit cards, you may need something stiffer to flip up the chip).

Dutch said:
D20 said:

1. Definitely need to back up your banks to sysex.
2. I like Ripwerx, never tried the other. Loving 5/5 stompbox mode.
3. Mine needed to be initiated and calibrated again IIRC. The instructions are included or on Ossandust's and Voes's websites. It's easy.
4. Ehmm. What's the question?

No need to be nervous. It's super easy. Even if you never opened up an appliance before. Ever used a glue gun? The white gunk you see on the components in the FCB is glue gun glue. It sticks well enough to hold stuff in place but some strategically applied force will have it come off easily. Do not use sharp metal tools (like screwdrivers) when in the neighbourhood of the circuit board to avoid scratching the tracks. Use plastic tools (guitar pick, credit cards, you may need something stiffer to flip up the chip).

Many thanks my friend!

I am going to give it a whirl tonight.

Dutch said:
carterpiano said:
Another fun thing in the FCB is that it can send a tempo message if you push the same patch button twice. Calculates the time between pushes and sends it. Saves a tempo button and one push if you need to change the tempo right after the patch. Brilliant. Don't know if any of the other controllers do that.

Dutch, how do you do this with the FCB? I can't find anything on it.

vinceh said:
Dutch said:
carterpiano said:

Dutch, how do you do this with the FCB? I can't find anything on it.

the tutorials on voes's site explain how to set up the fcb to do this. Basically, it's down to the "block repetitive PC messages" setting.

GAH! I just reread this WHOLE thread looking for info on how to get the tuner on at heel down. There was a question on page 2 or 3 about it & NO ANSWER!

30% is of this thread is "OMG I LOVE MY FCB"
40% is "OMG MY PEDALS DON'T WORK"
29% is people helping
1% is minutia.

This thing is drivig me batty.

I have the UNO chip, have innitialised it, and followed the instructions from voes.

Basically, all I want is 1-5 to change the patch, and use 6-7 to bring in the same stomps for each patch, and get Exp A to work for Wah and Exp B to work for volume.

I have followered voet's instructions to the letter, but everytime I call up the patch 1 I get patch 99. I tried to program patch 2 and get the same result.

Also when I hit 6-10, instead of it bringing up the stomps I get patches 6 calls up 95, 7 calls up 96 etc. The voume and wah don't work.

I am not generally a nut on these things. I have been using MIDI for 20 years.

Any thoughts?

Andrew

andreww said:

I have the UNO chip, have innitialised it, and followed the instructions from voes.

Basically, all I want is 1-5 to change the patch, and use 6-7 to bring in the same stomps for each patch, and get Exp A to work for Wah and Exp B to work for volume.

I have followered voet's instructions to the letter, but everytime I call up the patch 1 I get patch 99. I tried to program patch 2 and get the same result.

Also when I hit 6-10, instead of it bringing up the stomps I get patches 6 calls up 95, 7 calls up 96 etc. The voume and wah don't work.

Any thoughts?

Andrew

Don't worry guys.
Took me a couple of hours of playing and she is working perfectly.

andreww said:
andreww said:

Any thoughts?

Andrew

Don't worry guys.
Took me a couple of hours of playing and she is working perfectly.

Hy Andrew,

after 3 beers 15 cigarettes and 4 hours of work on the FCB I came to the same result. Volume Pedal works but Preset 1-5 is always Preset 99 and 6-10 change the presets (from 95 to 99) :(
So, how have you fixed the problem?

Don't worry guys.
Took me a couple of hours of playing and she is working perfectly.[/quote]

Hy Andrew,

after 3 beers 15 cigarettes and 4 hours of work on the FCB I came to the same result. Volume Pedal works but Preset 1-5 is always Preset 99 and 6-10 change the presets (from 95 to 99) :(
So, how have you fixed the problem?[/quote]

Mate, I am sorry about this, but it has been a few days and I can't actually remember what I ended up doing to fix it. There was one step in voet's instructions that I had missed and when I got this right, it worked. I think it was on the "Stompbox 4" steps, where at one point I was supposed to have a no lights on, but I did.

If it comes back to me, I will net you know straight away...

Guys,

Sorry to be a burden; but I can't get this right. I got my uNo and used the Ripworks editor and created a .syx. I'm experiencing a few major difficulties: Firstly, I set up the tuner as CNT 1 on my program change presets (switches 1-5). When I execute each switch, the program changes. However, the tuner display comes up on the first tap. Is there a way to have the display remain on the main display until I hit the pedal the second time?

Secondly, and way more importantly, the expression pedals do nothing. When I set the .syx up, the Ripworx looked much like Voes sample with green check marks. However, after reloading the .syx file into ripworx, all the green check marks preceding the expression pedal matrices have become red dots and clicking them again, make them black dots. What does this mean? How can I fix it? (BTW, before anyone suggests, I did follow the calibration procedures.)

Lastly, and this is by no means a criticism, but I notice that Voes brilliant tutorial doesn't really touch on setting up things from the standpoint of the Axe. Do the numbers I put in for the stomp settings need to coincide with the settings for each parameter as listed in the control tab under I/O settings or are these connections made in each program?

I tried to attach my .syx file to this post. However, I'm getting the following message

"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

Anyhow, thanks in advance for any assistance; and let me just say, I truly appreciate Voes efforts

Hi, I would like to use my FCB & my axe-editor together . I currently use a M-Audio Midisports 2x2 anniversary and it works perfectly.... but i have to switch the midi thru / usb merge button to switch between the fcb and the axe-editor . Isn't it a way to work with both at the same time ?
I also have a midisports 1x1 and a motu ultralite (1x1 midi)

my current config is FCB (out) ---- (in b) midisports 2x2
axe-fx(out) ---- (in a) midisports 2x2
axe-fx(in) ---- (out b) midisports 2x2

The audio config in my axe-fx editor is (in A , out B)

Thanks for your help

Can the 2 external SW1 & SW2 jacks be used as additional "stomp box" pedals?

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find any info with regard to the sw1/sw2 switches. I have a Boss FS-5L pedal that I've plugged in the sw1 jack and could not get the Axe to "learn it" in the I/O page. If not, are there any uses for these 2 switches with the Axe?
If so, can someone please explain what they can do?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom