FCB1010

Gman2oo6 said:
Hi guys, just got my fcb1010 today, what i simply want out of it is to be able to select presets, for example pressing 1 selects: studio lead. and 2 selects: alberts lead, etc. Now, i have managed to do that and it works fine, but what i also want is to be able to have my expression pedal A: control volume, and then on Wah presets experession B pedal: controls the wah. However i haven't managed to be able to do this. I have no interfaces or anything so i cant hook up my fcb to the computer. and im not bothered about the uno chip... i've read through other posts and websites but im just not getting it... i would just like a few simple steps off how to get this, can anybody help? :mrgreen: cheers.

The FCB's Exp A and B are assingened to CC#'s 7 and 27.
In the Axe's I/O pages assign these controllers to the Axe parameters that you want to control.

hey thanks that's kind of helped, i went on the i/o on the control page, and press enter on the input volume and it says learning, i then move exp pedal b and it shows that input volume is now set at 7, and the pedal works! which is good! however i do the same with exp pedal a and it goes to 10 but nothing happens :( i tried setting it to 7, 27 and nothing then i tried 1-127 and nothing! any suggestions? :shock:

I am at work right now so this is kinda shooting from the hip...so forgive if I err
But go back to the I/O page and let it learn your expression pedal
the go the the patch you have with the wah you want to control
high-lite the wah block and edit
page over the the Freq param and hit enter
and set the first menu item (don't remember what its called) to external 1 (I think...maybe its 2... you will see the graph move when you work the pedal)
and then go down to auto engauge (1 or 2 up from bottom of list) and turn it on...and set auto-off to what ever you prefer ( I liked the middle setting when I was using it)
...sorry if this sounds like a chimp wrote it :oops: I just dont recall a lot of the details...haven't used it in a long while.

Hi there!

Got my new FCB1010 today - the "no Uno"-version - and started configuring...

The preset changing works flawlessly, yet the expression pedals kept me busy for the last 4 hours.
I simply can't get any reaction from my axe when I move the pedals.

I checked the preset configuration on the fcb: pedals are active.
However, when I move the pedal, the axe-fx "midi-in" led does not light up...
When I change a preset by hitting the foot switch the "midi-in" led lights up all correct.

I checked the axe-fx i/o menu and in the control tab set the first parameter (input volume) to 7, acoording to expression pedal B.... no reaction. Understandable if there's no midi signal...
I tried the "learn" function as well, but the "learning" keeps flashing on the display and my desperate pedal movements are ignored...

I even checked the midi channel...all correct.

Am I missing something???

Unfortunately I cannot reach the url "www.mtnsys.com" where there's a faq about "setting up the expression pedals for idots" :) Damn!

If anybody has any idea i would really appreciate it!
Thank you so much!

look in the FCB manual and follow the re-calibration instructions...
If I remember right... this fixed mine...

This did the job!!!!!

Manymanymanymany thanks for the hint. Lessons learned => always read the manual!

Cheers
Steve

Mirome said:
This did the job!!!!!

Manymanymanymany thanks for the hint. Lessons learned => always read the manual!

Cheers
Steve

Glad your up and going! :cool: I just couldn't remember the steps to tell you... so I refer you to the manual...
I am actually not a big fan of "RT#M!!!" myself :mrgreen:
later dewd!

mates , i need your help another time , because everything went well with my fcb1010 + axefx until i installed the uno chip....
Now , the uno chip is installed . I have loaded the FCB1010 Axe-FX.syx into my fcb , but i'm not able to control my axe-fx anymore (??) I have checked the midi channel number, it's ok

any help for me ?

thanks

Did you Initialize the extended memory?

Switch off the board, and keep the 1 and 9 keys pressed while switching on again.
After the display turns off completely, release the 2 switches.
The display will stay off for a few more seconds, then countdown from 9 to 0 starts, the board is ready to use.

satch94 said:
mates , i need your help another time , because everything went well with my fcb1010 + axefx until i installed the uno chip....
Now , the uno chip is installed . I have loaded the FCB1010 Axe-FX.syx into my fcb , but i'm not able to control my axe-fx anymore (??) I have checked the midi channel number, it's ok

any help for me ?

thanks

Read the materials that came with the UnO eprom.

Expression pedal stopped working after using Ripwerx

I've been using my FCB1010 with the Axe FX for a few weeks now, and
it's been going well. I had installed the Uno chip a while ago, but never tried
any programming, or using the stompbox mode, until yesterday.

I fired up Ripwerx, and backed up the sysex file from the FCB1010 before making any
changes. Then I made an attempt to enable some stomps in the top row...loaded
the new Sysex file onto the FCB, everything seemed to go OK. Unfortunately, the
FCB stopped working properly--expression pedals were dead. The stomps didn't
work. As I was running out of time, I decided to reload the stock sysex file.
I regained most of the original functionality, but I still have one pedal (B)
that refuses to work.

I've checked everything that I can think of...

--the Axe FX MIDI light goes on when the pedal is moved.
--The Axe FX is able to determine that the CC for that pedal is 7 (via learning mode).
--The FCB display shows values when moving the pedal.

No settings were changed in the Axe FX.

Why on earth wouldn't it go back to exactly the way it was when I load the
original sysex? Why would one pedal work and the other NOT work?

Re: Expression pedal stopped working after using Ripwerx

Mr.Anderson said:
I've been using my FCB1010 with the Axe FX for a few weeks now, and
it's been going well. I had installed the Uno chip a while ago, but never tried
any programming, or using the stompbox mode, until yesterday.

I fired up Ripwerx, and backed up the sysex file from the FCB1010 before making any
changes. Then I made an attempt to enable some stomps in the top row...loaded
the new Sysex file onto the FCB, everything seemed to go OK. Unfortunately, the
FCB stopped working properly--expression pedals were dead. The stomps didn't
work. As I was running out of time, I decided to reload the stock sysex file.
I regained most of the original functionality, but I still have one pedal (B)
that refuses to work.

I've checked everything that I can think of...

--the Axe FX MIDI light goes on when the pedal is moved.
--The Axe FX is able to determine that the CC for that pedal is 7 (via learning mode).
--The FCB display shows values when moving the pedal.

No settings were changed in the Axe FX.

Why on earth wouldn't it go back to exactly the way it was when I load the
original sysex? Why would one pedal work and the other NOT work?

After you install the UnO chip there is is an initialization routine you need to go through.
Read the UnO manual.
Then there is another initialization routine for stomp-box mode.
Read the UnO manual.
Somebody posted it upstream in this thread somewhere too.
I think it's hold down switches 1 and 10 while powering up for initialization of UnO and switches 1 and 9 for stomp=box init. Or visa versa. Not sure if it matters which one you do first.

If you remove the UnO chip there's probably a stock FCB initialization routine you'll have to go through as well.
Read the FBC manual.

Join the yahoo FCB w UnO forum and ask these questions there?

I figured it out...when I loaded the sysex file from the FCB, I discovered that the MIDI channel for the Expression B pedal got changed somehow. Of course it wouldn't work that way... :roll:

Lesson learned: if something doesn't behave as expected, download the sysex file and have a look.

OK, kind of a total MIDI dumba$$, but quick leaner and pretty tech savvy if I could get a couple tips here.

I read the setup guide from the Voes site for the FCB1010 with UNO chip and the AXE-FX.
I programmed it exactly like in the example for now.

http://www.voes.be/fcb1010/pdf/fcb1010 programming with ripwerx software.pdf

I sent the file to the FCB1010 with the settings from this example.

I am confused on some things and am having some trouble and I apologize if these are obvious questions. I have read through all 22 pages of this thread, but maybe missed some obvious tips.

I have the FCB in Stompbox mode as programmed.
It does switch pedals on/off on presets for the certain stompboxes if they happen to be the ones with CC numbers assigned.

Here are some basic things I am having questions or trouble with:

1) I have the Volume Pedal working it appears fine and assigned to OUT 1 Volume/CC 7 on the AXE-FX. The Wah Freq is assigned to External 1/CC 4 on the AXE-FX. The Wah pedal on/off is programmed to Stomp 10 and CC 30 on the FCB as in the example, but am not sure what I am supposed to give this CC 30 assignment to on the AXE-FX (WAhWah 1)??? Maybe what I am really asking is how to set up the Wah to work (would prefer to do the Auto-engage thing I have seen mentioned here).
2) I am doing something really basic wrong with the Preset switching. The FCB says 00 on the FCB unit. When I hit pedal 1/2/3/4/5 it switches between presets 000/001/002/003/004. I cannot figure out how to access any other presets. :oops: If I hit the UP pedal on the FCB it goes to 01/02 etc, but I get no response on changing the presets beyond the first five noted above (000/001/002/003/004).
3) Can you assign more than 2 effects to a Stomp pedal (like assign CC 27 for Stomp 7 for Phaser, Chorus, Rotary, etc)?

Any help is appreciated or point me to a more basic setup guide for the FCB1010 with UNO and the AXE-FX.
Maybe on thing I can do is double cehck imy program file I sent to the FCB to make sure I did do it exactly right

Thanks.

Lkdog said:
The Wah Freq is assigned to External 1/CC 4 on the AXE-FX. The Wah pedal on/off is programmed to Stomp 10 and CC 30 on the FCB as in the example, but am not sure what I am supposed to give this CC 30 assignment to on the AXE-FX (WAhWah 1)??? Maybe what I am really asking is how to set up the Wah to work (would prefer to do the Auto-engage thing I have seen mentioned here).
To manually toggle the Wah on/off, it sounds like you have it right. You may want to make sure you're toggling the correct values if it's not working though.

For the auto-engage method, when you're setting up the modifier on the Freq parameter, you can turn the auto-engage on and set the percentage of the modifier's movement for where it triggers the effect off. Both parameters are near the bottom of the modifier page.

Lkdog said:
2) I am doing something really basic wrong with the Preset switching. The FCB says 00 on the FCB unit. When I hit pedal 1/2/3/4/5 it switches between presets 000/001/002/003/004. I cannot figure out how to access any other presets. :oops: If I hit the UP pedal on the FCB it goes to 01/02 etc, but I get no response on changing the presets beyond the first five noted above (000/001/002/003/004).
It sounds like they simply haven't been set up yet on the FCB.

Lkdog said:
3) Can you assign more than 2 effects to a Stomp pedal (like assign CC 27 for Stomp 7 for Phaser, Chorus, Rotary, etc)?
Yes/No.
On the FCB, you can only send two CCs per pedal. IIRC, you can set them both to toggle their values when you have the UnO firmware -- without UnO, you can toggle one CC's values.
On the Axe-Fx, you can assign multiple effect blocks to the same CC. So, as long as you craft your patches carefully, you can use one stomp for multiple effects.

-----

My favorite and most-used reference while setting up the FCB is the two-page programmer chart found on the UnO's Support page...
http://www.ossandust.be/midi-footcontroller-support.php
...but that's for manual setup (rather than with a computer editor).

godprobe said:
Lkdog said:
The Wah Freq is assigned to External 1/CC 4 on the AXE-FX. The Wah pedal on/off is programmed to Stomp 10 and CC 30 on the FCB as in the example, but am not sure what I am supposed to give this CC 30 assignment to on the AXE-FX (WAhWah 1)??? Maybe what I am really asking is how to set up the Wah to work (would prefer to do the Auto-engage thing I have seen mentioned here).
To manually toggle the Wah on/off, it sounds like you have it right. You may want to make sure you're toggling the correct values if it's not working though.

For the auto-engage method, when you're setting up the modifier on the Freq parameter, you can turn the auto-engage on and set the percentage of the modifier's movement for where it triggers the effect off. Both parameters are near the bottom of the modifier page.

Lkdog said:
It sounds like they simply haven't been set up yet on the FCB.

Lkdog said:
Yes/No.
On the FCB, you can only send two CCs per pedal. IIRC, you can set them both to toggle their values when you have the UnO firmware -- without UnO, you can toggle one CC's values.
On the Axe-Fx, you can assign multiple effect blocks to the same CC. So, as long as you craft your patches carefully, you can use one stomp for multiple effects.

-----

My favorite and most-used reference while setting up the FCB is the two-page programmer chart found on the UnO's Support page...
http://www.ossandust.be/midi-footcontroller-support.php
...but that's for manual setup (rather than with a computer editor).

Thank you very much for your very helpful response. I will work with these suggestions and also view info from the link to the Ossandust site.

EDIT:

Am making some progress! :mrgreen:
I think I am now figuring out the the presets input thing at a basic level. I set up 5 new presets on 1-1/1-2/1-3/1-4/1-5 and they come on.
I am also getting the wah to turn off and on via the STOMP 10 pedal CC 30 method.
Will look at the auto engage method in a bit.

Last question for now on the presets- How do you get to Bank B, and Bank C?

I will keep doing my homework in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom