FC-6 + FC-12 Manual

Hoping a second function on tap can be added at some point (two functions triggered with one tap).
That's what Control Switches are for. You can tie whole bunches of modifiers to a single Control Switch and send four MIDI messages to other devices with a single tap.

I like the Dinotube amp and Archaeo-Tone effects rack unit in the manual :) Huh, just saw Leon found them first.

So, I didn't see a place in the manual where we could brainstorm out layouts, so I made one! Attached is a png I created for the FC-6 as thats what I am thinking I am going to buy. When I have more time I will attach a pngFC-6.png of the FC-12, as well as show what layouts I am brainstorming for my FC-6:D

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

For custom layouts, did I understand the “FC Switch Definitions” correctly? There are 24 definitions you can set up *per preset* - not 24 globally? So you can essentially have totally custom layouts for each preset if you wanted, by taking one layout and modifying it in each preset with whatever specific things you want to control...? The manual says 'for “that one song” which needs to do something unusual' but I'm thinking you can use this to essentially have anything anywhere you want it in each preset, AX8-style.

For custom layouts, did I understand the “FC Switch Definitions” correctly? There are 24 definitions you can set up *per preset* - not 24 globally? So you can essentially have totally custom layouts for each preset if you wanted, by taking one layout and modifying it in each preset with whatever specific things you want to control...? The manual says 'for “that one song” which needs to do something unusual' but I'm thinking you can use this to essentially have anything anywhere you want it in each preset, AX8-style.
That is my understanding, when using one of the 2 per-preset override methods.

You can toggle between any 2 scenes on the FC.
So if you have scenes 1-7 set up on 7 footswitches of the FC12, can you set each footswitch to toggle between the assigned scene and scene8. I do this with my RJM mastermind LT. I used scene 8 as my lead and am able to toggle between any rhythm sound and the lead sound. I think the answer is yes, but I cant tell for sure from reading the manual.

So if you have scenes 1-7 set up on 7 footswitches of the FC12, can you set each footswitch to toggle between the assigned scene and scene8. I do this with my RJM mastermind LT. I used scene 8 as my lead and am able to toggle between any rhythm sound and the lead sound. I think the answer is yes, but I cant tell for sure from reading the manual.
You can toggle between any 2 scenes, or any 2 presets, or any 2 channels... On any switch.

So how many characters can you have on the mini display. Thought folks had said 10 or 11 but the layout examples in the manual seem to show a lot more and two rows. Hmmm
It's 10... Listed in every section that talks about the displays.

I think the Layouts shown are trying to be more illustrative of function than actually showing technically correct labels.

Yes. You can change the function of any footswitch you like on a per-preset basis.

You understood correctly.

Congratulations fractal great news! Merry Christmas everyone can’t wait to start enjoying the FC controller. I’m looking forward to receiving an invite.

Back
Top Bottom