Fate of Axe-Edit?

Rich G.

Experienced
A few questions about Axe-Edit as it relates to the AxeII...

* Will Axe-Edit work with the AxeII?
* If not, will there be an AxeII-Edit?
* If not, Will Axe-Edit stay forever in Beta as resources are shifted towards the AxeII?

From Cliff:

"There will be major releases for Axe-Edit and the MFC-101 in the coming weeks. As usual, no charge."

There have been many questions about Axe-Edit. The soon-to-be-released Axe-Edit 1.0 with Axe-Manage will fully support the Axe-Fx Standard, Axe-Fx Ultra, and Axe-Fx II. Given the announcement of Axe-Fx II you can now understand all that's been happening behind the scenes. The screen shot posted last week shows the current beta, working great. Aside from Axe-Manage, the main EDITOR in the newest build is now in 1.0 status, but with "Preset Manager" removed in favor of Axe-Manage, a release of the new product must follow completion of Axe-Fx II testing, which is currently underway. New features already in place include MFC-101 merge support, better legacy MIDI Interface interaction, smarter source handling and management, numerous bug fixes, and much more. Meanwhile, Axe-Change encountered a setback when we lost a great volunteer developer (PHP/PERL/SQL... got chops?) but we the team expects to refocus on this component to launch not long after the impending release of the software suite.

There have been many questions about Axe-Edit. The soon-to-be-released Axe-Edit 1.0 with Axe-Manage will fully support the Axe-Fx Standard, Axe-Fx Ultra, and Axe-Fx II. Given the announcement of Axe-Fx II you can now understand all that's been happening behind the scenes. The screen shot posted last week shows the current beta, working great. Aside from Axe-Manage, the main EDITOR in the newest build is now in 1.0 status, but with "Preset Manager" removed in favor of Axe-Manage, a release of the new product must follow completion of Axe-Fx II testing, which is currently underway. New features already in place include MFC-101 merge support, better legacy MIDI Interface interaction, smarter source handling and management, numerous bug fixes, and much more. Meanwhile, Axe-Change encountered a setback when we lost a great volunteer developer (PHP/PERL/SQL... got chops?) but we the team expects to refocus on this component to launch not long after the impending release of the software suite.

These are clearful, trustworthy informations we need really more these days!

Awesome news! I'm not surprised though. The AFII is the new kid on the block, but the Standard and Ultra are both still amazing units!!!

If I want to upgrade to Firmware 11 on the Ultra, is the axe-edit version 0.9.191 to use? I have 10.02 on my unit. What bothers me is the axe-edit page still says that the current version supports only 10.04/10.05. What about 11?

Hi,
for me Axe Edit beta is fine ok. But i have only one wish: i would like to have the opportunity to get the Axe Edit in Full-screen mode. I hate the half-screen mode!

:geek

Volunteer Here :geek

I got the latest beta version working with the new firmware and it runs fine so if you are worried/wondered about it there shouldn't be any issues.

I got the latest beta version working with the new firmware and it runs fine so if you are worried/wondered about it there shouldn't be any issues.

It actually seems to work better for me...though I didn't have many issues with 10.05...

Back
Top Bottom