Electric Mistress Emulation - Axe-Fx III

So I haven't emulated M@'s idea above yet, but I did make a Robin Trower preset tonight and am attaching here.

I used a Leon Todd V30/Greenbacks IR user cab (the one inlcuded in 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack update) so you can mute that if your user cabs pointsto something different, but the Factory Greenbacks M160 as the second panned cab sounds fine.

There are a few variations on the Electric Mistress in it, plus Bridge of Sighs univibe.

Remember to keep your Strat volume to between 7 and 8.5 - don't go higher, and use the neck pickup for leads. Enjoy!

MAN! Sounds incredible

So I haven't emulated M@'s idea above yet, but I did make a Robin Trower preset tonight and am attaching here.

I used a Leon Todd V30/Greenbacks IR user cab (the one inlcuded in 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack update) so you can mute that if your user cabs pointsto something different, but the Factory Greenbacks M160 as the second panned cab sounds fine.

There are a few variations on the Electric Mistress in it, plus Bridge of Sighs univibe.

Remember to keep your Strat volume to between 7 and 8.5 - don't go higher, and use the neck pickup for leads. Enjoy!

Fantastic preset. So many goodies in there.

Trower has always been one of my favorites I’ve been lucky enjoyed to see him many times in Detroit and here at a beach club which was off the hook.
Really love the video Leon. :)
Thanks for sharing

I'm waiting for a final public firmware before I check out the new flangers but I am VERY stoked about these new flanger models being included!

I'm not sure if this update will invalidate old flanger blocks/effects in presets or not, we'll see...anyone else knows, let us know here...

I'm waiting for a final public firmware before I check out the new flangers but I am VERY stoked about these new flanger models being included!
I've played a bit with it yesterday night.
Even though I still haven't directly compared it to my pedal, I can say for sure that now the default VCO/LFO waveform of the mistress is spot on.

In general it sounds really really close but my ear and memory tell me it might still need a bit of tweaking to match my pedal exactly, for sure min and max delay time, mix and probably a bit lower focus.

I'm not sure if this update will invalidate old flanger blocks/effects in presets or not, we'll see...anyone else knows, let us know here...
Regarding this I think it could invalidate them but should be pretty easy to fix.

Basically you should take note of the old delay time value and put it in the new min delay time parameter (haven't checked if this is done automatically when loading old presets though), then make sure focus and manual are set to 0, VCO to "exponential" and max delay time at its maximum value.

This way it should sound exactly as before, at least if there aren't other tweaks under the hood I don't know about and if you didn't use the dry hi/lo cuts introduced in the previous FW (those have been removed)

Last edited:
As a perpetual late-comer, I listened to some samples of the pedal online and heard this (at 1m):

It sounds incredible... not really flanger-like to my ears. Sounds like it would be better to emulate this with rotary and wah?

As a perpetual late-comer, I listened to some samples of the pedal online and heard this (at 1m):

It sounds incredible... not really flanger-like to my ears. Sounds like it would be better to emulate this with rotary and wah?

This one is a completely different pedal than the original mistress, it might sound good but it's not what many of us want when talking about the electric mistress.

I know the thread is old but I have a Green Electric Mistress 18 v from the 70s and I want to get that sound emulated in my AXE III I just acquired. None of the blocks sound close at all. One of many issues with the new mistress and the E lady are that they have a lot of bass that the green one doesn’t have. It’s a special pedal and I know i won’t be able to get the same tone but just trying to get in the ballpark.

Hey, folks!
As I'm a big fan of Pink Floyd and especially David Gilmour guitar tone, I've been trying a lot to emulate the Wall Electric Mistress sound. The tips on the first page were very useful but in my opinion the tone I got was not that smooth and delicate. So here is my example of what I've got with an Analog Flange in Axe FX II - I think it will also be useful for Axe FX III.

Thanks to Gilmourish.com and KitRae I use these setting:

RATE - Somewhere form 0.5 Hz to 2 Hz. I set to around 1 Hz.
DEPTH - From 10 to 20 %.
DELAY TIME - Very important thing. As I know, Electric Mistress uses quite long delay (around 10-20 ms) so I set it to maximum 10 ms.
FEEDBACK - I always set it to 0. No need to color the sound.

MIX - From 50 to 80 % on your taste.

1.PNG
2.PNG

Back
Top Bottom