Effects toggle/layout question

EastmanT184mx

Hello!

Quick question I'm hoping someone can help me out with! I am using an FM3 with a FC6 in OMG9 and for the most part, absolutely love it.

My question: how do I reroute the hold functions for the effects layout? When I hold the Effects button down, it brings me to a looper which is not in my preset. When holding down the Scenes button, the rest of the scenes pop up on the FC6. I'd like to make my Effects button operate the same way, instead of having to use a "More" button as one of the FC6 switches to switch between the two layouts.

Is this a layout link sort of thing? What am I missing?

I'm certain this is just a user error issue on my end, but any help would be immensely appreciated, thanks!!

Hello!

Quick question I'm hoping someone can help me out with! I am using an FM3 with a FC6 in OMG9 and for the most part, absolutely love it.

My question: how do I reroute the hold functions for the effects layout? When I hold the Effects button down, it brings me to a looper which is not in my preset. When holding down the Scenes button, the rest of the scenes pop up on the FC6. I'd like to make my Effects button operate the same way, instead of having to use a "More" button as one of the FC6 switches to switch between the two layouts.

Is this a layout link sort of thing? What am I missing?

I'm certain this is just a user error issue on my end, but any help would be immensely appreciated, thanks!!
In FM3 Edit select FC Edit to change the switch assignments.

I don't have an FM3 so I don't use those layouts but I think you just need to find the Layout which has the hold function assigned to load the looper Layout and change that to instead load the More Effects Layout (or whatever it is called).

Then you can find the switch which is currently assigned to load that More Effects Layout and change it to whatever you want .

In FM3 Edit select FC Edit to change the switch assignments.

I don't have an FM3 so I don't use those layouts but I think you just need to find the Layout which has the hold function assigned to load the looper Layout and change that to instead load the More Effects Layout (or whatever it is called).

Then you can find the switch which is currently assigned to load that More Effects Layout and change it to whatever you want .

I have tried this, and cannot seem to get rid of the Looper from showing up when holding the Effects button. When this happens, the Scenes button illuminates while my FC6 displays the Looper options, despite not having that block in my preset at all. I'd like to just completely get rid of the looper in the preset (really all of them) and allow the Effects button to act as a Toggle for the View

I don't have those layouts either, but it sounds like that switch function is set to switch layouts, to the factory looper layout.

It's not like an effect on/off switch that would be disabled if the block it switches isn't in the current preset. Since it's switching layouts, not a block, it'll go to that layout even if everything on that layout refers to blocks that aren't there.

That's the longer explanation, but the shorter "what do I do" answer is to go into FC Edit mode in FM3 Edit, and reassign the switch to do something else that's useful to you.

Make sense?

Reactions: Rex
Use FM3 Edit to see what the Hold function is on the relevant switches:

1721089099343.png

You can also change the time out before the Hold function triggers, if it is going to the Hold function too quickly.

You might also want to check out the Layout Links on that switch (if any). I've made some custom Layouts for FM3 with a two button external footswitch. I use Layout Links in one version on Presets Layout ... when you select a Preset, the FM3 automatically goes to all the Scenes in that Layout (it defaults to View 1 - Scenes 1 2 3). I'm sure you could do the same thing with Effects - that is, tap (not hold) Effects once, and a Layout Link can take you straight to the Effects Layout View xx.

I think i had a similar issue with my axe fx. have you tried reassigning the switch function in fc edit mode? That might help get rid of the looper thing

Back
Top Bottom