drastic volume change between scenes w/ logic pro

Azhaz

I've recently started having huge volume changes between my scenes. This seems to only occur when I start up logic pro with ax8 edit on. I'm currently running XLR L out ->focusrite->logic pro. I use Ax8 - Edit while logic is on so I can adjust my tone.

I'm wondering if logic is sending midi signals via USB that change the levels? Is this even possible? The problem thereafter becomes that I can't change the volume in one scene without affecting all my other scenes. It's usually the scene that is on that gets affected when I start Logic pro up.

Edit: I did have a huge volume drop when I played a gig last month. It cut during a break. At first I thought it was the PA, but now I'm thinking it's the ax8.

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. It's really bad. I have to turn down the gain when plugged into Logic to make it suitable to record. Once I play live though, the volume is waaay to low. I'm guessing it's something to do with the midi signals via USB between the Ax8 and Logic. Any ideas?

I've figured out that Logic x sends midi signals to the ax8 that affects it's volume levels. When I hit record the levels change. Anyone know how to turn off midi out via USB? The alternative is unplugging the USB anytime I record. It's definitely a hassle when doing tone tests.

Another place to look is in Logic - if you have any midi channel selected to send on all midi channels? Do you have the same problem when olnly activating one Audio channel?

Back
Top Bottom