Delay Block Update

Thanks Leon. Using send and return in that way is something I would never have thought of. That alone opens a world of potabilities.

You can "roll your own" delay types in the meantime using the send/return and comp/filter blocks

I have been using the crap out of this lately not only for delay, but for flange, pitch detune, and reverb to get that old SPX-90/900 character to things.

Great video and many thanks again to you for making it.

I was just bragging on FAS and Cliff a few days ago in another forum, telling them how involved and responsive they are… all the way to the top. And here he drops in and proves me right.

Really ? I personally love the delays in the axe and don’t really have any complaints, but this sounds interesting.
Continuous improvement and attention to detail is why fractal just can’t be beat.
I liked the delays as they were but some people were complaining. I personally prefer rack-style delays without a lot of degradation but that's me. Others prefer grungy, noisy pedal-style delays.

I liked the delays as they were but some people were complaining. I personally prefer rack-style delays without a lot of degradation but that's me. Others prefer grungy, noisy pedal-style delays.
I'm of the same opinion as you, and I personally find the delays to be top notch with absolutely no complaints, but more options is always 'more betterer' and I too can't wait to see what's in store! Cheers and keep up the great work!👍

With all the delay’s already available it was maybe possible to just have simple digital delay without all these modulation « on » by default and « analog type » ones? Don’t know

With all the delay’s already available it was maybe possible to just have simple digital delay without all these modulation « on » by default and « analog type » ones? Don’t know

Yes, there is a simple Digital Delay without all these modulation and analog types on by default at the Axe-FX. I think it is called Digital Delay :p

Last edited:
No question that the existing delays are perfect, personally I prefer delays withou noise too.

This is the one I use … I just need a simple delay so I don’t know why they are all these settings with modulation activated in there … sad there is not a dd3 simulation with just 4 knobs . Don’t need more . You add a ibanez écho shifter and you have it all in the end . A reverse , a freeze for fun . And stop

Dont know why most of the delays got this modulation part everywhere yep . Another guy was talking about this too if I remember . If it can be disabled by default it can be nice . Sometime you don’t even know if the modulation is still active or not . Less is more ! ☺️

Dont know why most of the delays got this modulation part everywhere yep . Another guy was talking about this too if I remember . If it can be disabled by default it can be nice . Sometime you don’t even know if the modulation is still active or not . Less is more ! ☺️

Just check the proper page for mod? If you want pristine, just set it for pristine.

If I am understanding this correctly, the current pristine delay algorithms aren't going to be removed. Cliff is working on additional ways to add in compression, noise, and signal degradation as optional parameters to emulate the delay tones that some players are asking for. I'm always on board for more cool options.

Some like amps with underfiltered power supplies that give the occasional ghost note, others can't stand them. Some like mayonnaise on a sub, others prefer oil and vinegar. It's nice to have a choice. Thanks for giving us so many choices!

Cygnus wasn’t enough to slow this guy down. I can’t keep up.
This is a great new feature. Looking forward to this. Being able to customize delay “character” this way is just just one more move that separates this company from all others.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom