Cygnus Beta - first impressions

It is just a great time to own a current Fractal Audio product.

All I am reading and listening about Cygnus seems like a dream coming true, as I could never have a loud amp at home.

I want to say thank you.

I just finished up the Mesa Mark models and fixing some mistakes in the Triaxis models. My lead tone in the 80s/90s was Triaxis LD2 Yellow so I dialed that up and got instantly transported back in time.

The other thing I'm noticing is that it seems I can use almost any IR now and it sounds good.
I am going to be very straightforward here. You are giving me blue balls. I am not ashamed.

So I'm curious what is the big change with Cygnus? I know there was an ah-ha moment that made things chug better and dynamics and IR's load better etc, but what is actually being improved or added that's making it do this? Is it in the power amp modeling, sag features etc?

So I'm curious what is the big change with Cygnus? I know there was an ah-ha moment that made things chug better and dynamics and IR's load better etc, but what is actually being improved or added that's making it do this? Is it in the power amp modeling, sag features et

It's new amp modeling technology. There will be a write-up included with the firmware.

The main takeaways are:
New preamp modeling
Improved power amp modeling
Updated amp models

And, of course, it chugs...

So I'm curious what is the big change with Cygnus? I know there was an ah-ha moment that made things chug better and dynamics and IR's load better etc, but what is actually being improved or added that's making it do this? Is it in the power amp modeling, sag features etc?

We've got a guy asking a lot of questions here... Tell me, to whom does your loyalty lie?

QUAD CORTEX SPY!

I just finished up the Mesa Mark models and fixing some mistakes in the Triaxis models. My lead tone in the 80s/90s was Triaxis LD2 Yellow so I dialed that up and got instantly transported back in time.

The other thing I'm noticing is that it seems I can use almost any IR now and it sounds good.
THIS is why the 'amp in the room' came up - it has that punch, thickness and spank in the lows and mids (to my ears) that makes you think your old amp is behind you!

As modeling gets better and better the transfer functions becomes better and better and it results in more and more realistic sound and feel.

The virtual amp interacts more with the virtual cab, and this release shows exactly that - everyone is getting nostalgia as the modeling is at that point where it sounds like an amp next to you, even through recorded clips! Bravo!! 👏

I think #73 made a good interesting question too. What is going to happen with the ones who own the III Mark I? I want to keep it as long as I can (I am still repaying the credit for it!!)
Good programmers try to keep things backward compatible. I am sure Cliff will not disenfranchise all his Mark I customers.

Morgan AC-20 Bass. Turned bass down to 3, rest is all flat. Gibson Les Paul (sorry gets pitchy somewhere in there)
1:00 I turn on the bright switch
2:08 turn on 12 dB Neutral Boost

Love the responsiveness I hear! I think my woody just got a woody. Metawoody.

Back
Top Bottom