• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Cygnus Beta - first impressions

Tommy Tempest

Power User
After I got my first AXE FXII XL+, I never expected anything better. Now I'm a few units in and no matter how subtle, I am always amazed at every firmware update I ever received. This one, like many before it, will be another game changer.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I wonder if my local hospital will be willing to put me under a medically induced coma until this firmware comes out?
images

Joe Bfstplk

Fractal Fanatic
Morgan AC-20 Bass. Turned bass down to 3, rest is all flat. Gibson Les Paul (sorry gets pitchy somewhere in there)
1:00 I turn on the bright switch
2:08 turn on 12 dB Neutral Boost

First audio clip I listened to at the new house. Fantastic dynamics and punch!

So much left to move. 'Camping in' on closing day. Movers come next week.

jekylred

I just finished up the Mesa Mark models and fixing some mistakes in the Triaxis models. My lead tone in the 80s/90s was Triaxis LD2 Yellow so I dialed that up and got instantly transported back in time.

The other thing I'm noticing is that it seems I can use almost any IR now and it sounds good.
The last phrase about IR is very relevant...more than any clip.

Top Bottom