Cygnus Beta - first impressions

Proof that no matter what you do, someone's gonna be pissy about it...even if it doesn't affect them. I mean for a guy that doesn't have any interest in it...why comment on it. Leave it alone, take your self importance elsewhere, and let those of us who are enjoying the conversation keep it moving in a positive way.
I think you've misunderstood my point, but that's ok.

I'm not 'pissy' about anything and if I didn't have an interest, I wouldn't be here. Like everyone else, I was just expressing my opinion.....you don't have to agree. That's the problem with a lot of people these days, if you don't agree "you're the enemy". Not sure where you got the "self importance" part from, some lonely place I imagine.

Reactions: HIO
will the future cygnus update affect all amp models in the axe fx3 ?
Most likely, yes. Cliff said it was a complete re-write of the preamp modeling algorithms and some of those changes and improvements were also used to update the power amp algorithms too. Sounds like Cygnus is going to be a whole new firmware line, so it will restart the version numbers as well and likely be Cygnus version 1.0. The same thing happened with the Axe II when Quantum FW came out and then again with Aries.

Proof that no matter what you do, someone's gonna be pissy about it...even if it doesn't affect them. I mean for a guy that doesn't have any interest in it...why comment on it. Leave it alone, take your self importance elsewhere, and let those of us who are enjoying the conversation keep it moving in a positive way.
While I am not a big fan of @unix-guy, you may have misread his comment. He seems supportive of this thread for people who are interested in the new beta. As for his “Huh?” comment it was, in his defense, in response to a comment that is difficult to understand.

Geeze you ask a lot of questions Chris! 😜
Thanks
Pauly

We want weekly firmware updates because we want them

why is there no update for a while?

here is why there is no update

I want to hear the firmware update progress

here is information about the progress

I want to hear clips of the progress

here are clips of the progress

why was this thread even started?

why is this taking so long is it ready yet?

why is more information being shared about the progress but it’s not released yet?

this firmware we’re waiting for better be good since we’re waiting so long

the axe isn’t a firmware collection device. It’s a music tool and 15.01 is already really good. Updates will come when they’re ready.

We want weekly firmware updates because we want them

why is there no update for a while?

here is why there is no update

I want to hear the firmware update progress

here is information about the progress

I want to hear clips of the progress

here are clips of the progress

why was this thread even started?

why is this taking so long is it ready yet?

why is more information being shared about the progress but it’s not released yet?

this firmware we’re waiting for better be good since we’re waiting so long

the axe isn’t a firmware collection device. It’s a music tool and 15.01 is already really good. Updates will come when they’re ready.
...After all we are all humans ;)
Just a human behavior ,
Good to have such things in mind in the current time we are living in ...

I will add to this that this is the Deluxe Reverb stock preset. All I did was swap out the reverb for a Deluxe Spring, but I didn't go through a million IR's or a dozen amp settings. This is literally the amp stock. This is the best the deluxe reverb has ever sounded in all the firmwares
Bro, with your hands a L6 Pod would sound supreme however having followed your videos for long time I can see this one sounds OMFG!!!

Morgan AC-20 Bass. Turned bass down to 3, rest is all flat. Gibson Les Paul (sorry gets pitchy somewhere in there)
1:00 I turn on the bright switch
2:08 turn on 12 dB Neutral Boost

:oops: It is incredibly wonderful, and the playing is outstanding... sounds massive. Even a second will be a looong wait. Thanks for the great work team FAS.

Back
Top Bottom