Countdown

Why would this be a firmware update?
Have they ever done a countdown for a firmware update before?

I have a hunch as to what it might be but I don't want to say in case I am right.

Cmon' AXE Edit with MFC Merge !!!! :)

What a day, just got my Lifeson Axcess....now this....I am gonna blow !

This is the only thing that I can find and it doesn't translate nicely:

With a large COUNT down G66 announced a new era more than four years ago. For the first time already in the year 2006 presented and to today best and most efficient guitar processor of all classes in Europe one presented and in the course of the yearly 2007 in Europe available. MORE GITARRISTENGLÜCKLICHMACHER Those, which up to this time already nearly to it had gotten accustomed that digitally - naja - evenly digital sounds, quasi over night of a better one were instructed. Cliff Chase, founder and ingenious Mastermind of Fractal audio, had developed the equipment, which changed the guitarist world effectively in development for many years: The Axe Fx, of the ......

I have a hunch as to what it might be but I don't want to say in case I am right.
Well my thinking was that it started with the number 10 which is after 9 which is what editor version we've been on for a while. 10 would be the much anticipated official version rather than the beta 9...and everytime that a new editor comes out it's accompanied with a new firmware.

Plus we know that Cliff's been working on at least one Jose modded Marshall.

Last edited:

I agree this has to be more then version 11

If I aim low:
It's a new firmware with upgraded (finalized?) AXE-EDIT and AXE-change.

If I aim high:
An add-on 1Rack Dynamic Cab unit (the missing link to perfection) loaded with all the Redwirez that will not only add Dynamic Cabs but also USB support.

Then again.... it could be anything, a real amp with built in AXE-FX technology, VST version?.... Merger with a big corporation... a budget version, ...... ??? ..... and of course there is AXE-FX2 maybe?

:!

Last edited:
Just my .02, but I think it's fairly safe to assume it is NOT a floor version of anything. Why would FAS even risk undermining sales of the MFC? Common sense.

Can't wait till the new firmware,I even learn beautiful girls because of the amp demo . 3, 2, one?

since cliff stated the new modelled amp they gave us a sneak peak at, i seems pretty obvious a new firmware is coming. But maybe there is a bundle of stuff along with that. They've been so quiet and sneaky the last few months. I'm hoping for something big, but i'll take it whatever it is lol

All past firmware releases, even major ones, have surfaced with little to no anticipatory fanfare.

The fact that Cliff has posted a mysterious thread titled "Countdown" with a text of only "10..." leads me to believe something bigger is ready for release. The thread is designed to elicit anticipation. I don't think he would purposefully prime us like this unless he was about to announce something of significance.

I also think that if this countdown continues for ten days, this will be the longest thread on the forum.

Haha!

Am hoping for Just firmware+Axe edit with merge Mfc

amm brrookee. *just kidding* ..no..yes..nope..

Back
Top Bottom