compare button?

randombastage

Experienced
Is there a compare feature in the AxeFxII or in the editor so when you tweak you can A/B your changes with the saved version?

Surprised that this has still yet to be answered. The compare feature was a serious oversight on the original Ultra. Surely they've got their acts together on the Ultra 2? Not everyone plugs in and plays other people's sounds.......

I'm hoping for a good answer on this as well - lack of a dedicated compare button was one of the first things I noticed in the brief - but Cliff hasn't answered questions about it on the Technical Questions thread, which hopefully just means he's still sorting it out and doesn't want to respond yet...

I have always gotten around this problem by taking a preset I want to work on and copying it twice to 2 preset locations way high like 330 & 331. Then I leave 330 alone and tweak 331 and switch back and forth to compare. I don't use anywhere near all the preset locations, so I have a lot of "canvas" to choose from...

Obviously a "compare" function would be great...hopefully Cliff is able to make that happen.

Meaning also that the capability and feature is there for us STANDARD/ULTRA owners too, when the new AXE-EDITOR is launched?

I believe Cliff has stated elsewhere (couldn't point you to the exact thread) some time ago that a compare function is not possible on the Ultra or Standard due to CPU load issues.

I have always gotten around this problem by taking a preset I want to work on and copying it twice to 2 preset locations way high like 330 & 331. Then I leave 330 alone and tweak 331 and switch back and forth to compare. I don't use anywhere near all the preset locations, so I have a lot of "canvas" to choose from...

That's how everyone does it obviously, but it's a pain in the a**

Why not "snapshot" it using AxeEdit?? Can have as many compares as you like :0
that's what that feature is for...

I'll have to write up details tonight - I'm not at home right now. Basically, there's a snapshot button on top right of editor that will store current settings to a save location. Those snapshots can then be reloaded for compare purposes... not exactly a compare button, or x->y switching, but serves the purpose.

That's how everyone does it obviously, but it's a pain in the a**

This is the way i do too. The snapshots have to be reloaded into the axe - to much time gap beetween A and B to compare minor changes .... don`t work for me ...

Having it in Axe-Edit isn't good enough, it ties you to a computer for tweaking.

VERY HAPPY to hear that it's being worked on. THANK YOU CLIFF!!!

I'll have to write up details tonight - I'm not at home right now. Basically, there's a snapshot button on top right of editor that will store current settings to a save location. Those snapshots can then be reloaded for compare purposes... not exactly a compare button, or x->y switching, but serves the purpose.

Yep snapshot works great for a compare.

Does the compare button 'compare' the awesome new features, capabilities and processing power recent Ultra purchasers
could have received for the same price?

LOL!!!!... only joking, it sounds amazing.

Ok...so I had been wondering about this snapshot thing in Axe-Edit since I read about it here, but for the life of me I couldn't find it. Any details on that would be brilliant. I can report, however, the method wezx uses (copying presets to other locations) has been working well for me. I decided to keep my presets in their compare locations in Bank C permanently so I can edit them whenever I want. When I make a change that's permanent, I copy the newly edited preset to all 3 locations. One to my normal preset location for recording/live, then again to the compare locations. The workflow is a little cumbersome but works better than copying them every time I want to edit, then copying back...

Back
Top Bottom