Coming Soon

Units are currently in production. We expect the first production units, which will be a small pilot run, in early October. If all goes well with that full production will commence and units should be ready early November.

So....how about a lottery for the first production run?

Purchase and/or to win one? :mrgreen

One more question ... Alan Philips mentioned that he was putting a bank/presets to work with the Carol-Ann amps ...

I think this would be awesome (lots of Carol-Ann users out there .... including me) If it is made available will that ship with the units or will it be available for download?

This looks incredible!

Does it have a load box?

I would still get regardless .. I don't have an effects loop though, but am assuming you could use like a normal gtr pedal in the front of the amp?

I hear you have 6 projects under development :)

My dream unit would be :

A floor board that would take the load of my tube amp , that has all of the effects of the axe fx plus speaker simulations ,that would then go XLR stereo right into the sound system, or right into my studio.

Availability in Europe

Cliff, keen to know if the FX8 will also then be availably in Europe, if the unit will be released in November ?

we any closer to seeing this ?... am in the process of selling off all my pedals... do I wait for this or buy an axeFXII ?? :p

Last edited:
@M, in another FX-8 thread, has indicated that it will NOT be demo'd at the LA Amp Show; that it will be introduced by FAS "...when it's ready". Also in a previous post you have indicated a production run in October, with general availability in November. I'm getting the impression that those predictions may miss the mark too.

Can you throw us any kind of bone Cliff?

Hi
You know, if it had just a few amp sims, and could remotely control an axe fx ii, almost every gigging axe fx user would purchase one just as a backup! I would certainly get one if it could be used as a plan b!
Thanks
Pauly

Yep, would be really worth getting. Right now owning Axe fx i have no interrest in this.
Hi
You know, if it had just a few amp sims, and could remotely control an axe fx ii, almost every gigging axe fx user would purchase one just as a backup! I would certainly get one if it could be used as a plan b!
Thanks
Pauly

I really hope I can get hold of this before November. I'm on a European tour now, US leg is in November. I was planning a big Musicomlab board but there's no time and will probably get replaced by this anyway :/

Routing Question:

I have a Roland GR-55 synth that I want to integrate with the FX8 and a two amp, wet/dry bass rig. I'm currently integrating it (along with some other fx boxes) with a Voodoo Labs GCX/Ground control system. At first I thought; an additional A/B/Y switch to lead into the FX8, but I can't quite get my feeble mind around the routing of it.:ambivalence:

My intention is to blend the synth patches (via GK pickup/GR-55) with my dry analog bass signal... and some nice FX8 patches as I experiment.

Thanks in advance for the help gang!:)

Hey Granja55, I too have a GR-55 that I can't wait to link up with the FX8. May also get a Boss GP-10 to use for alternate tuning and modeling functions only. A few days ago, I almost bought 3 or 4 Strymon pedals that would have been more costly then an FX8. The proof will be in the pudding so to speak but The FX8 seems like a bargain to me at this juncture. Great, compact, flexible, sound!

Last edited:
Zensonic,
As I thought more about this, it seems that a midi controllable A/B/Y switch might be a solution. That is; FX8 pre-out (& Midi out) and GR-55>>midi A/B/Y Switch>>Wet Amp. The hope is that I (we) could control everything, via midi, from the FX8.

I've found one manufacturer RJM Music that makes some midi controllable looper/switchers. They are proud ($$) of them though!

Does anyone have any experience with good (value$) midi controllable looper/switchers or A/B/Y's? Really, I'm not overly concerned about penny-pinching here - it takes what it takes. It's just that sometimes the experience of others can often reveal a better bang-for-the-buck.

Back
Top Bottom