Coming Soon

Any news on when it's going to be released ? Approximation anything PLEASE

When it happens it happens.

I already received the midi conversion box (for switching Carol Ann amp channels) from Carol Ann which is coded to work with the FX8.

So when it released -- I am ready!

1555278_608921672513929_1486470821_n_zpsd290c654.jpg

I have stopped all pedal purchases in order to save $$$ for the FX8. For instance, I passed up an EP Booster and an analog delay on TGP today...the FX8 would eliminate the need for both. Am I stupid? Will I be sitting around a year from now, cursing the EP Booster that got away, compulsively refreshing this thread every 30 seconds, and stalking Cliff? Such agony... #FirstWorldProblems

Last edited:
I have stopped all pedal purchases in order to save $$$ for the FX8. For instance, I passed up an EP Booster and an analog delay on TGP today...the FX8 would eliminate the need for both. Am I stupid? Will I be sitting around a year from now, cursing the EP Booster that got away, compulsively refreshing this thread every 30 seconds, and stalking Cliff? Such agony... #FirstWorldProblems

Only you know the answer ... that being said, I would not hold my breath or pass up a good deal if it comes your way.

FWIW.

If you're NOT on a schedule, then I would patiently wait. To date, Fractal has not EVER given a 'It will be available' date (for those with memory...the Axe II was sort of a *forced* countdown.)

If you NEED something, get it. You should be able to flip it with minimal financial loss.

If you need a date, plan on October...if it comes in earlier, all the better.

I agree

Got to do what you got to do to hold you over

Here is what I am using with my Carol Ann OD3r and this will hold me over until FX8 drops.

IMG_0857_zpsdbfb7ca1.jpg

I have 3 outdoor festivals, 3 club dates and a private party coming up in the next 6 weeks and I will be using this rig.

When the FX8 drops -- the H9 will go over to the pedalboard I use with my Rambler, The Klon, Ego compressor and tuner will go on the FX8 board. I know I do not need the tuner or the compressor -- but I am really use to them (I also have them on my rambler board). The Klon sounds killer with the Carol Ann (channel 2 - slight edge or channel 1). I love the way the Wet reverb sounds but that one is easy to copy with the AF2 and I am sure it will be just as easy to dial in with the FX8.

The Eventide H9 kills but honestly, I dig the time and mod effects in the Axe-FX better -- way more flexibility (routing/using multiple effects etc).

Also I plan on setting up the FX8 the same way I have the Axe-FX set up (presets/scenes) -- just sooooooo much easier for gigs and using different guitars.

But like they say ... all good things come to those who wait!

FWIW.

If you're NOT on a schedule, then I would patiently wait. To date, Fractal has not EVER given a 'It will be available' date (for those with memory...the Axe II was sort of a *forced* countdown.)

If you NEED something, get it. You should be able to flip it with minimal financial loss.

If you need a date, plan on October...if it comes in earlier, all the better.

i'm guessing that there hasn't been a release date yet. i have a couple of fly dates at the end of october and the FX8 would make life a lot easier ;-)

I was hoping it would be soonish since there was an actual pedal in existence, at least one. It would have made my pedalboard really easy for football season, but I may have to suck it up and go with an M9. The best effect unit is the one on your board. Also considered just sucking it up and getting an XL, but it's overkill for bass. My guitarist plays a Fractal (not sure of the model) and it sounds great. Can't wait to hear it through stadium PA.

will the voltage be 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz for those of us who do gigs overseas?

Per Cliff: Internal, universal power supply. I hate wall warts.

Guys, I know there are almost 800 posts here, but just about every question has been answered already.

I heard a rumor that it was... "coming soon"
So I hope that helps!!
:lol

When this unit becomes available for purchase I will buy it. Until it becomes available best thing to do is chill and keep on gigging with whatever you have been using.

When this unit becomes available for purchase I will buy it. Until it becomes available best thing to do is chill and keep on gigging with whatever you have been using.

yep, that's why i'm holding onto my axe fx II and my liquid foot 12+ for now. once this puppy is released those 2 items are going bye bye

... Until it becomes available best thing to do is chill and keep on gigging with whatever you have been using.

Naaahhh!!!
I think I'll buy it and try it BEFORE that so I will know if I like it or not when it DOES become available
;)

Back
Top Bottom