Coming Soon

Mannnnnn... this and my Diezel D-Moll are going to make the most bootylicious rig known to man!

AFII for recording. D-Moll + FX8 for live.

One thing I am unsure about - what does that scene switch do when you hold it down? Does it just switch between preset mode and bank mode for the main 8 switches?

I believe so. Click on the scene button, and now you have 8 scene buttons.

I'm not sure why anyone would want a cup holder on an expensive fast car, or a headphone jack on an efx processor.

Of course.

this is big --

I do not believe auto engage is offered by any other stand alone multi effects processor floor board (please correct me if I am wrong)

Nova system does not
G-Major (rack) does not
Line 6 (M9-13) does not
Boss ME 50 does not
G-system offers Momentary and alternating but I do not think auto engage was an option

AF2 users know how convenient this function is -- it is something we take for granted but it makes for a better and more natural playing experience.

Sorry if you feel insulted.. An emulator would be enough.. Even my old Rp6 had it

You feel insulted??? hahahahahaha...ok... i mean dude.. seriously i believe you really don't get this unit just yet.... or please explain your escenario where headphones would actually be a must have!

Simply asking a noob question not trying to persuade anyone it's a must.. Sorry for any misunderstanding..

You feel insulted??? hahahahahaha...ok... i mean dude.. seriously i believe you really don't get this unit just yet.... or please explain your escenario where headphones would actually be a must have!

I agree with you -- once you start adding superfluous bells and whistles (IMO) you move from pro gear to consumer gear.

What got me jazzed about this is that it is designed with one function in mind --- period.

End of story.

trust me when I tell you -- I have been looking for this type of unit for a very long time.

I'll take a virtuoso one trick pony to a hack circus performer any day of the week.

Last edited:
Simply asking a noob question not trying to persuade anyone it's a must.. Sorry for any misunderstanding..

You where comparing this unit with an RP6!!!, all of the FX of the PR Line combines could not possibly hold a candle to what Fractal Audio FXs sound like.

But stay tuned, maybe one out of all this six other new products Fractals has yet to disclose could have just the right emulator and headphone out you are wishing for. Fractal with the FX8 has addressed a need and gap to a dedicated pro grade unit that can play well with amps and solve most if not all of the musicians need.....at least thats what we are all hopping for!.

I'll eat more spinach to bring home my heavy combo AMP waiting for a more relaxing solution :)

actually my combo with a pedalboard is a way more relaxing experience for the small club gigs I do -- It also weighs significantly less than the AF2 "rig" I hauled around to about 40 club, wedding and private party dates I did last year.

Just the ATA rack alone (AF2, breakout panel, Matrix amp) weighs more than my combo and board combined. Add to this cabs, midi board, stands etc. and it is a lot of crap to haul around.

This is why I am using small combo amps for the gigs that I do -- usually a Carr Rambler. On Triode mode (15 watts) - it has more than enough headroom and juice for these clubs (even with a six piece R&B/Soul band). AF2 is just an overkill for these situations.

The FX8 is going to be used with a Carol-Ann OD3r combo (3 channels) -- approximately 30 watts with 6L6. If you are looking for a medium to small club date amp that has an overdrive channel (this one has two) -- the OD3r is amazing. Just like the Rambler - it is cathode biased. You can also switch out the 6L6 tubes for 6v6 as well. The ODr line from Carol Ann are my favorite amps without a doubt.

I am doing two large outdoor festivals this summer and the AF2 will be certainly called for duty on those dates. In these cases since I will be going FOH- I will be using just the AF2 and the board -- zero weight issues (if I take it out of the ATA case).

Last edited:
Reactions: ALE
this is big --

I do not believe auto engage is offered by any other stand alone multi effects processor floor board (please correct me if I am wrong)

Nova system does not
G-Major (rack) does not
Line 6 (M9-13) does not
Boss ME 50 does not
G-system offers Momentary and alternating but I do not think auto engage was an option

AF2 users know how convenient this function is -- it is something we take for granted but it makes for a better and more natural playing experience.

G System has an auto-on.

Reactions: LVC
Hello ... I'm new to the forum and I would like to say that I have been interested in the axe fx for 5 years, but the rack form factor has always stopped me buying it, I know that this new product,the fx8, is only an effects unit.
I am very excited about this new product, but I would like to do 4 questions: 1) has the fx8 capacity to do MIDI mapping? 2) can the fx8 make delay spillover in patch changes? 3) the volume pedal and wah count as effects within the 8 available in the effects chain (I mean that if takes a block for volume and a block for wah within fx chain)? 4) each patch has specific volume control (besides ussing a volumen pedal block)?

This is right up my alley! Good timing as I was just about to resurrect a rebuild on my old pedal board. Now....a sale of pedals will ensue :)

What is an estimated ETA for production? That pic looks like a full blown production model.

I'm excited to see this come to life- I personally dont have that much interest in it, since I already have the axe 2/mfc rig, and my traditional pedalboard which serves me quite well. The product is intriguing though, and fills a big niche in the market. I'm hoping to see a few updates come along for the effects, but I'm appreciative for any updates and really appreciate fractal's commitment to their product- one of the reasons that spending $2200 + $750 was worth it. The effects on the axe are great and get it done, but my Strymon effects have a certain character that I've never quite recreate on the Axe. Same with some uni-vibe stuff & flanger on my Mobius. Looking forward to seeing the upcoming products of fractal- even if I won't be buying them, it's exciting to see.

There is probably a handful of ppl that really knows your answers at this time but I would go on a limb and say Yes to all 4. The AF2 That I own does these things and I would bet the FX8 has a lot in common.
Hello ... I'm new to the forum and I would like to say that I have been interested in the axe fx for 5 years, but the rack form factor has always stopped me buying it, I know that this new product,the fx8, is only an effects unit.
I am very excited about this new product, but I would like to do 4 questions: 1) has the fx8 capacity to do MIDI mapping? 2) can the fx8 make delay spillover in patch changes? 3) the volume pedal and wah count as effects within the 8 available in the effects chain (I mean that if takes a block for volume and a block for wah within fx chain)? 4) each patch has specific volume control (besides ussing a volumen pedal block)?

I think the FX8 would go great with a product like the Black Widow MPG-1A all analog guitar pre amp modeler! It has no effects on it at all, only 9 basic amps and will cost $2,299.00. (About the price of an axe fx...still if you want an all tube pre amp modeler in a 2 space rack this is it)

Here is the Black Widow MPG-1A preamp modeler if anyone is interested....It would be expensive since we do not know the price of the FX8, but someone may want to add this to their wish list. I think the combination would sound awesome myself!

Black Widow Audio Designs - Real Tubes. Real Modeling.

Last edited:
I think the FX8 would go great with a product like the Black Widow MPG-1A all analog guitar pre amp modeler! It has no effects on it at all, only 9 basic amps and will cost $2,299.00. (About the price of an axe fx...still if you want an all tube pre amp modeler in a 2 space rack this is it)

Here is the Black Widow MPG-1A preamp modeler if anyone is interested....It would be expensive since we do not know the price of the FX8, but someone may want to add this to their wish list. I think the combination would sound awesome myself!

Black Widow Audio Designs - Real Tubes. Real Modeling.
lol why would you buy that when you can have an Axe FX II for about the same price.... 9 basic amps and no effects... lol what a joke.

lol why would you buy that when you can have an Axe FX II for about the same price.... 9 basic amps and no effects... lol what a joke.

Not that I don't agree with you, but then again there are many other preamps that are only 1 basic amp, and no effects, for a similar price.

For your information if you would have bothered to actually READ the website instead of being an idiot and making stupid statements, you may have found out that there are 9 basic amps but you can have combinations of amps, by combining the three channels.

And some may want an all analog signal path.

Your post is a joke!

And all of this coming from an axe fx II owner.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom