Coming Soon

Blackstar HT-20

You just need one relay plugged into the footswitch jack of the amp. Most TRS relays will allow off, tip and ring, tip, or ring.

since it is only a TS switch on the blackstar, off and tip will probably switch it.

Last edited:
But the Line 6 M series don't which is it's closest competition it seems. It makes sense to have a headphone out on anything that could be a complete recording chain (such as my old GT6, the RP6, etc.), but not on what is, in effect, a multi stomp.

It's an effects-only device. You don't connect headphones to a Tubescreamer pedal either.

I think the comparison isn't fair enough... FX8 is not a stombox, it's a multiFX processor, and to be honest, lot of multieffects out there have a dedicated headphones output.
Anyway, implement such a common feature shouldn't be expensive, I think... maybe I'm wrong...

Does it have dual mono capabilities ? I ask because of the two input sends for amps and the stereo insert return fx loop dedicated. Can we use it with TWO tube amps, with two preamps at the same time (in parallel) ?

I think the comparison isn't fair enough... FX8 is not a stombox, it's a multiFX processor, and to be honest, lot of multieffects out there have a dedicated headphones output.
Anyway, implement such a common feature shouldn't be expensive, I think... maybe I'm wrong...

but it has no amp modeling or cab modeling, so it'd sound horrible.

The comparison is absolutely valid as what Yek means to say is that the FX8 is an FX-only processor with no amp and cab sims, and a headphone out only makes sense if you also had amp and cab sims included in the unit.
The multi-efx units that I'm aware of that has headphone out also have amp and cab sims, and are thus different products than the FX8.

The boss me-50 has a headphone output and most people complain it sounds horrible, unless they play just clean.

I still doesn't understand what's wrong with having a headphones output. In the worst scenario you'll find yourself not using it, but thats all. On the other hand, it may still be useful for someone else.
Ok, if this feature implies a price increase of 200$, take it away, but otherwise...

I do not really care, anyway... FX8 is not for me at all... but I don't understand why reject features that might be useful

No need of amp or cab sims... Just a speaker simulator to play with headphones will let you leave the real heavy valve amp in studio or elsewhere... That's my dream

No need of amp or cab sims... Just a speaker simulator to play with headphones will let you leave the real heavy valve amp in studio or elsewhere... That's my dream

As explained by others above, a headphones output would sound horrible. Try connecting your headphones to your guitar's output. That's what it sounds like. Having the FX8's effects inbetween doesn't change the core tone.

Adding just a speaker simulator does not solve this because you would still not have an amp tone. In the example: it would be like connecting your guitar to a speaker and listening to it through headphones. (except in a 4CM setup).

All you would get is complaints about the poor quality of the sound through headphones, especially compared to the excellent sound of Fractal's amp and cab modeling.

Mannnnnn... this and my Diezel D-Moll are going to make the most bootylicious rig known to man!

AFII for recording. D-Moll + FX8 for live.

One thing I am unsure about - what does that scene switch do when you hold it down? Does it just switch between preset mode and bank mode for the main 8 switches?

Back
Top Bottom