Coming Soon

Wow. This is a hell of a thing for someone who wants to use amps.

I'm assuming it can be used as an extension of sorts with an Axe, replacing pedals while retaining the ability to use studio quality FX post cab?

It cannot function as a dedicated MIDI controller for the Axe-Fx. It will send basic MIDI commands but it is not intended to be a MIDI controller.

That's really too bad. I was hoping it would at least send CC, PC, and the expression pedals. I'd love to have something I can use as a basic controller for the Axe-Fx that would at least switch patches and scenes, and that I could then just unplug and take with me for practice/gigs where there are usually amps already available.

If you use midi instead of relays for amp switching -- can relay 1 & 2 be reassigned as a loop for a stomp pedal?

Same question applies to two expression pedal jacks.

Thanks

fx8_rear.jpg

relays and expression ports usually do not have the capacity for any audio.

I was hoping it would at least send CC, PC, and the expression pedals.

it still might. Cliff said it's not a dedicated controller to the Axe-Fx, which is different than sending basic MIDI messages.

That's really too bad. I was hoping it would at least send CC, PC, and the expression pedals. I'd love to have something I can use as a basic controller for the Axe-Fx that would at least switch patches and scenes, and that I could then just unplug and take with me for practice/gigs where there are usually amps already available.

It can do that but it can't do the two-way comms that the Axe-Fx II uses. It can operate as a BASIC midi controller but it's not nearly as capable as an MFC. If all you need is PC, CC and expression then, yes, it can do that.

Under $1000 is my guess too... in fact, I'd hope for a ridiculous price such as $699.99. But I doubt that low. I assume $999.99 would be more likely.

To all those I have seen suggest it will be $1700 or $1800, insanity.

I know it's important to some for Fractal products to remain "exclusive" to only "financially serious" guitar players. But to people like me, who can afford and do own Fractal products, my excitement for them is such that I would love to see those without such devoted pocketbooks a chance at dabbling in the same tonal playground many of us know so well.

If you really love Fractal, hope for it to expand into new demographics, don't let pride get in the way of sensibility.

Huh? What a strange post. It's nothing to do with pride - the components are expensive and the units are expensive to make. There has to be a profit margin on each unit or there is no point is there? Fractal's percentage margins are already way lower than Line 6 or any other manufacturer you see in a retail store.

It's not a conspiracy against poor people.

Back
Top Bottom