Coming Soon

This product is aimed at the person who doesn't want to use modeling. It is specifically designed for use with an amp. The I/O architecture was designed to integrate with tube amps.

Exactly what I want. Effects -> Sansamp BDDI or VTDI makes a complete rig for bass. Add a BDDI effect model and I may be able to just use this.

That's what I thought.

And while I don't want to discourage early announcements, some detail might be a Good Thing. Clearly, the thing is very close to distribution/availability, so why make everybody pee their pants over it? Tell 'em what it is, why it exists and how it works, then let them anticipate its delivery. Otherwise, you have threads like this where everybody is just guessing as what's going on. Unless you enjoy that sort of thing, which is also understandable. I might do the same thing in your position, but it seems a bit cruel. You have to know how much everybody loves your company.

Thats how you create buzz ;)

This product is aimed at the person who doesn't want to use modeling. It is specifically designed for use with an amp. The I/O architecture was designed to integrate with tube amps.

The one thing people seem to be assuming is that we have no other products under development. In fact we have no less than six new products in active development.

My wife is gonna hate me this Christmas.

In fact we have no less than six new products in active development.

But I'm a relentless speculation addict. Now I have to armchair invent 6 new products all at once? Where will I find the time?

Edit: Four.. FX8 and the Fractal expression pedal were already photo-teased..

(re)edit:

1). Axe-Fx III
2). Bass-Fx
3). Studio Microphone Preamp Modeller
4). Amp modelling floorboard

Last edited:

The one thing people seem to be assuming is that we have no other products under development. In fact we have no less than six new products in active development.

Now how am I supposed to feel comfortable purchasing the XL after a quote like this!? Will any of those six products surpass the XL anytime soon? I'm sure one is the expression pedal and one is the FX-8, but the other 4... Sounds like one there's an AXE 3, or maybe a floorboard amp modeler in there!

Just because products are in development doesn't mean their release is imminent. I doubt the Axe-Fx III is coming out any time soon, but I'd bet it's been in some stage of development ever since the II shipped. If not earlier.

That is great news indeed. Quite often 4CM plus relais switching can be a real PITA to get it without hum/buzz, I'm sure it was a challenge to get everything well isolated in there.

In fact we have no less than six new products in active development.

my-attention.jpg

Interesting developments for sure. A range of Fractal products with or without modelling for various uses is a great idea. Probably the II XL will remain a flagship product for a while yet.

But the tube versus modelling thing is old. If you are full on FRFR pure modelling that's great, but if you want to use a tube amp live or to serenade the neighbours with a univibe before your fuzz one moment and vice versa the next an so forth this is likely to be a killer 4CM solution.

What the other products might be could be pure amp modelling and no FX, an audio interface, etc. lots of possibilities.

And of course there are those who are happy to use modelling and/or amps, but if you have to make a choice you go with what is most suitable for your needs at the time.

If I keep checking this thread every ten minutes, it's probably not going to make the FX-8 be released any faster, right?

Any idea if it has all the FX in the Axe II (minus the amps and cabs)?

Any chance to import patches made with the Ultra\Axe II?

We know about the XL, the expression pedal, and this effects only floor device.....unless the XL, was not included in the 6.

Back
Top Bottom