Coming Soon

Any idea on the dimensions?

There's wee, not so wee, and friggin' huge!

Nobody knows anything. Cliff is always proud about birthin' babes, but then he goes dark about details. I'm sure we'll find out which end is up in a couple months.

Sorry, first post and all. The full blown AxeFX was just overkill for me, I usually just use one amp - bass player. So I never really looked into Fractal stuff much, but I'm giddy about this!

What if Cliff came up with a new firmware for existing AxeFX2 units so that when connected to an FX8 the AxeFX2 would then be dedicated to amps and cabs. Suddenly each AxeFX2 has twice the processing power for amps and cabs and effects, looper and patch control reside in the FX8.I have no clue if this is part of the master plan, but it is an intriguing thought.

I do kinda hope there are some provisions for controlling the Axe FX II when it is connected to it, though I doubt this to be the case. But my MFC is most likely going back to G66 as I'm not digging it. But the form factor of the FX8 looks perfect to me as a controller. Two rows is my limit - I've got giant uncoordinated feet!! I'm a guitarist, not a dancer! haha!

I haven't been around on the Forum much since I sold my Axe II and Liquid Foot to ease some finances for a family member.

Anyway since then I have been using my amp and getting by with a GT100 and the odd pedal for the few effects I do use. I have looked at the separate pedals and switchers route and the G System. So far I have just stuck with the GT100 as there's always a question like when will product X get an upgrade or a new version, or a myriad of things that don't quite add up.

This product looks like it is very close to what I am looking for to use with an amp. It will also be interesting to see what else may be coming out in the future from Fractal and others.

Looking forward to seeing more details on the product and wish FAS success with it.

This product looks like it is very close to what I am looking for to use with an amp.

Me too. I did a gig this weekend with my tube amp. Pedalboard is a Budda wah into a tubescreamer into Boss delays, Hardwire reverb. Sounded great, was easy to setup for the gig... no mess. No screwing around with FOH levels (pub gig!) no screwing around with FRFR solutions or DI'd to PA. Just good hard-rocking loud valve amps making a drumkit sound tiny! ;)

This product is gonna be killer. I will use the Axe for recording, and then (hopefully if the software allows!) take those effects blocks and chuck 'em on the FX8 and take that out to gig with.

Reactions: ALE
fx8.jpg

BTW, nice opportunities for the label manufacturers.

This is very cool. I wish this would have been around a few years ago.

I might still grab one if the price isn't redonkulous. :p

This unit should be priced at $699 in order to crush all the usual suspects (Boss, Line6, Eventide, Strymon, etc.). If Cliff is smart enough to do this, his only problem will be the supply. The Axe FX is super expensive for any working musician (and the argument about it being professional grade effects and Fractal is this and that is irrelevant for the purposes of this conversation), and Cliff needs to start catering to the common musician if he really wants this new device to sell well.

Unfortunately, 99% of the people in this forum seem to be living in la-la land and allegedly justify dropping $2000-$2500 on a floor m/fx unit that looks similar to a Line6 product and only does effects with no modeling..

This unit should be priced at $699 in order to crush all the usual suspects (Boss, Line6, Eventide, Strymon, etc.). If Cliff is smart enough to do this, his only problem will be the supply. The Axe FX is super expensive for any working musician (and the argument about it being professional grade effects and Fractal is this and that is irrelevant for the purposes of this conversation), and Cliff needs to start catering to the common musician if he really wants this new device to sell well.

Unfortunately, 99% of the people in this forum seem to be living in la-la land and allegedly justify dropping $2000-$2500 on a floor m/fx unit that looks similar to a Line6 product and only does effects with no modeling..

With every post you sound more and more like a troll. Yet you're telling FAS how they should operate to succeed (what a joke), and you're insulting the forum members here. And you don't even own a FAS device is my guess. Bye bye.

I agree with you on this but for different reasons.

If you distill everything down to its core -- it remains a tube vs modeling thing.

The majority of members around here have made a solid commitment to modeling and the flagship product in this space, namely the AF2.

Th reality is that there is a whole world of tube lovers out there (from amatuer to pro) that most likely will never fully convert to modeling.

The fact that FAS is now offering them best in class effects with the routing and editing power of the AF2 is probably viewed by many in the FAS club as sacrilegious...and if tube cats want to join the club, they should pay the same membership fees as the modeling cats.

The market will eventually determine the price... but I think going after the G-sytem pro market and pricing the product accordingly would be a smart move.

99% of the people in this forum seem to be living in la-la land and allegedly justify dropping $2000-$2500 on a floor m/fx unit that looks similar to a Line6 product and only does effects with no modeling..

Last edited:
Reactions: ALE
This is really cool! In Oct a member of a famous prog metal band told me that fractal was coming out with this. Im glad fractal is making the move on the pedal board effects market.

If you look at it, most companies provide a variety of products to appeal to different market segments. For example, Government Motors made Cadillacs at the same time they made Chevy Vegas. FoMoCo made Lincoln Continentals at the same time they made Pintos and Mavericks. The list is long. Not everyone can afford an Axe Fx II Mark VI, so now there's a somewhat limited device coming out soon. No need to get pissed about it. If it doesn't suit your needs, pass. Some people will be pleased to get a high-end effects box that they don't need to make 15 or 20 cables for or buy a pedal board a yard wide to contain. I mean, has anyone priced some of the offerings from Eventide or Lexicon lately? Don't get me wrong - it's nice stuff - but it's thousands of dollars. Does that make sense?

If you look at it, most companies provide a variety of products to appeal to different market segments. For example, Government Motors made Cadillacs at the same time they made Chevy Vegas. FoMoCo made Lincoln Continentals at the same time they made Pintos and Mavericks. The list is long. Not everyone can afford an Axe Fx II Mark VI, so now there's a somewhat limited device coming out soon. No need to get pissed about it. If it doesn't suit your needs, pass. Some people will be pleased to get a high-end effects box that they don't need to make 15 or 20 cables for or buy a pedal board a yard wide to contain. I mean, has anyone priced some of the offerings from Eventide or Lexicon lately? Don't get me wrong - it's nice stuff - but it's thousands of dollars. Does that make sense?

At any given time, my pedalboard easily has $2k of pedals on it that I'm constantly swapping around for this gig or that gig. So far, MultiFX pedals have been a sacrifice in quality. If this can give me quality and convenience, I'm in heaven.

Back
Top Bottom