Coming Soon

Some kind of FX block or "patch" compatibility between the FX8 and the Axe-FX II would be awesome... People sharing his FX8 blocks to Axe-FX II users and viceversa.

I know each unit uses his own editor (Axe-Edit and FX8-Edit) but... Is it possible? Say "Yes" or "maybe"... "Soon" works too :pP

Let me get this straight.....you take a few days vacation to spend with you wife and this is the result?

So if we did a search on Merriam Webster's site for the word vacation here are the results:

VACATION
noun, often attributive \vā-ˈkā-shən, və-\

: a period of time that a person spends away from home, school, or business usually in order to relax or travel

: the number of days or hours per year for which an employer agrees to pay workers while they are not working

: a time when schools, colleges, and universities are closed

Cliff Chase's online dictionary:

VACATION
No Results Found

:eagerness:

Yes, and it supports SCENES too.

I believe you've just forever removed the "CPU 91%" problem for me. Kudos.

So, M@ will it be narrow enough to fit on a rack pull-out shelf? (ya, ya, I know it's a floor unit)

Lastly, since I have the floor (pun intended), is this the thing Cliff referred to, when he remarked that there was a product Fractal was working on, that he had very little hands on with, except as technical advisor, and of course, the final sign-off on? Great job FRACTAL Team!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
you'll have to run audio to and from the Axe to the FX8 to use the FX8's effects right? maybe they figured out a proprietary way to do this via ethernet or FASlink or something similar?

there's tons of questions, but i'm sure FAS will elucidate when possible.

i'd love to do a video or 10 on this ;)

Not to be a buzz kill here. But I would prefer a rack mount. I don't want to run my signal (effects loop) out and back to a pedalboard and another cable for the front end dynamic effects back to the amp.
I would imagine you would plug your guitar into the unit. And if you run a wireless that lives in your rack that's another issue getting your guitar signal out to the floorboard.
Guess it would work for some. Not me.

Brilliant, Cliff. A very smart business decision. Beating other companies to the punch for sure.

Just effects. Specifically designed for 4CM with dedicated pre- and post- paths. Up to 8 simultaneous effects. Any number assignable pre/post. Any combination of series or parallel routing. Two expression pedal inputs, four relay outputs. USB for remote editing with free FX8-Edit software. Silent Switch technology from the MFC Mark III. True Bypass. Etc., etc. Don't drop it on your foot.

Not to be a buzz kill here. But I would prefer a rack mount. I don't want to run my signal (effects loop) out and back to a pedalboard and another cable for the front end dynamic effects back to the amp.
I would imagine you would plug your guitar into the unit. And if you run a wireless that lives in your rack that's another issue getting your guitar signal out to the floorboard.
Guess it would work for some. Not me.

try an axe-fx. :)

fx8.jpg

This is a bigger deal to me personally, than the XL, quite honestly. You'd have to have a double power Axe FX that could do 2 amps at full resolution, or be the equivalent essence of 2 Axe FX II's with a panning volume pedal at the beginning of the signal chain for completely seamless (no compromises) scene or preset switching (mounted in one chassis), to suck me into the next generation rack unit...probably. But this floor unit with MIDI integration fills a different need. I can see using it as designed in a 4cm with my marshall 2x12 combo for effects and channel switching the amp, or putting into my Axe FX II loop for more combinations of effects, or repeat/stacked effects. This has the potential, with 8 effects to cut the weight of my show rack - because I can eliminate other stuff.

Reactions: ALE
Back
Top Bottom