Cliff, if you see this thread, please enter.

biggness

Power User
Assuming that MIMIC is the ultimate in amp modeling, what are some other plans/ideas that you have for the unit? Effects, IRs, synths, pedals or any other new features? Just wondering, since it is hard to imagine the end of firmware updates.

Please respond.

It's a good thing that MIMIC kind of ends the improvements of modeling within the Axe fx. Now, Cliff can concentrate on some other ideas he might get as I'm sure the guy is having some other rabbits in his hats, with several cats as well...This being said, I'm perfectly happy with my Axe the way it is right now. I might be curious about some more new models, IR and effects, but that's just more icing on the cake. But I'd be interested in some kind of active FRFR cab design by Cliff to work with the Axe fx. But again, I'm perfectly happy with my Matrix system with my Fractal products. But I'm a sick guitar player and GAS is my unhealing sickness!!!

It's a good thing that MIMIC kind of ends the improvements of modeling within the Axe fx...
Are you sure? Cliff thought the amp modelling was at 100% way back in firmware 1, and so did a lot of other people. And look how far he's brought it since then.

As stellar as v10 sounds, I'm not ready to proclaim that there is no other improvement that can be made. Look at how many firmware releases have received the praise "I don't see how it can get any better." It'll be fun to see what a long vacation and a little development time will bring.

Assuming that MIMIC is the ultimate in amp modeling, what are some other plans/ideas that you have for the unit? Effects, IRs, synths, pedals or any other new features? Just wondering, since it is hard to imagine the end of firmware updates.

Please respond.

(Found the post from Cliff I was referring to above):

The good news is that these sorts of drastic changes shouldn't happen again. Since MIMIC guarantees that the model sounds like the amp there won't be any huge changes in tone in future updates.

Now it's all about IRs. IRs are your fundamental tone shaping. So managing those will be the primary task.

(Link to post) http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...nt-waste-your-time-v9-presets.html#post828344

(Found the post from Cliff I was referring to above):

(Link to post) http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...nt-waste-your-time-v9-presets.html#post828344

Shredi, I'm not sure if Cliff actually means his next priority is improving IRs. I think he's just stating that if users want to shape their tones, that selecting the right impulses will now make the biggest influence on tone since mimic is going to make future firmware changes still sound the same. So don't expect big changes or improvements in the amp because mimic nails it.

Or until mimic 2 hits ;)

Back
Top Bottom