Clean Strat + Maz + multiband compressor

sheky

Experienced
I used the multiband compressor for the top end (2400k and up) and find it helped with harsh top end I was struggling with. Then again, ever since My left ear went kaplooey a year ago I've been overly sensitive.

comments and suggestions always welcome.

Resolve by sheky

EDIT: Due to popular demand (ok, one request) I'm posting the patch. I find patches are extremely guitar/pickup/setup sensitive so YMMV. I used a 2010 Deluxe strat, neck pickup. The #5 cab is Redwirez Marshall1960A-G12Ms-R121-CapEdge-0.5in and the #6 is CelestionBlue12-R121-CapEdge-1in. There's a mixer in the patch but I ended up splitting the cabs pretty much 50/50 so the mixer is redundant. The filter before the MBC was to take the edge off of some harshness I was hearing.

Attachments

• MazCleanForStrat-NO DRIVE.syx
    2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Very nice tune man would love to hear it on an acoustic as it reminds me michael hedges. Top tune!

Very good playing, like it. Full and round sound with sweet heighs.
Thank you for sharing.

What tuning is it?

Tasty work, Sheky! Lovely combination of tune and tone.

Can you give us some clues about how tweaked the top band on the MBC?

Last edited:
wow. how refreshing to hear such a musical clip with such a lovely sound. beautiful!

ps - just listened to all your clips on alonetone.com...great stuff, man

Last edited:
Can you give us some clues about how tweaked the top band on the MBC?

Thanks for all the feedback guys, very much appreciated.

Here's the Multiband compressor.

The first two bands are deactivated (setting the ratio to 1). Looking at it now I see I inadvertently left the middle band boosted by 3.9db but my intention was to levels on all bands to 0.

The third band is compressing the top end over 2388k at a ratio of 2.28. The only control I play with at all is the the Thresh on the 3rd band which will vary the amount of top end compression.

What works for me most about this approach is I get the snap of compression, but since the low-end is bypassed, I don't lose very much dynamic range which is especially important on solo guitar.

Attachments

• MBC for Clean.syx
    2 KB · Views: 63
I know I'm a bit late to the party but very very nice. Warm yet has some nice chime to it. I can't wait to try this out tomorrow as I have been searching for some nice clean tones. Well done sir! *thumbs up*

Back
Top Bottom