Clawfinger's IR page closed. Thanks people!

Re: Clawfinger's IR-page (repost)

Jay Mitchell said:
Soultrash said:
have you planned to make a few BASS cab IR's?
this would be awesome!
Not likely. In order to capture an IR with any worthwhile response detail at the lowest bass frequencies (~35Hz for a four-string), the IR would have to be at least one period in length at that frequency (29ms), ideally as much as twice that. That would require a minimum 2048-point IR. As things now stand, you would have to split the IR into four parts and use two delay blocks to implement that in the Axe-Fx. And your playback speaker's response would have to extend to a substantially lower frequency than the cab sim, otherwise you'll just be hearing your playback speaker's lower cutoff. The possibility of getting an IR that is longer than 30ms without early room reflections is pretty remote. Finally, most bass parts are recorded direct and reinforced live via a DI straight from the instrument. The speaker sound is not nearly so great a factor in most bass sounds as it is with guitar.

On the other hand, the IR is accurate down to ~80Hz, which makes the character more than good enough. If I get my hands on a nice cab, I'll give it a go.

Hey, you guys are selfless, as someone already said. I appreciate any and all contributions to furthering the cause. So thanks!!

I am still in the learning phase of the IR stuff, hoping to "get it" and use the ones that work for me.

There is no reason to sweat any of this, is there? I mean, no amp, cab, guitar, etc. is right for everyone. That would actually suck :lol:

Use what feels good to you, and keep using it! oops, did I make a funny :oops: Whatever, thanks again to everyone who cares enough to share!!

AlbertA said:
plexi59 said:
Why are they SO LOUD compared to the "stock" cabs? Pretty inconvenient.

They were made that way so that you could still hear them even with your head fully inside your asshole....

OK, this actually made me LOL!

Hey Clawfinger,

you know I love these things but I just wondered if you had either 1024 point versions or the original Wavs from the 2 Marshal EAW IRs so that I can have a play with AlbertA's util? I am really interested 1024 IRs but have not found any that work too well for me.

Thanks

Spence

No such luck so far, I'm afraid.

I'm sort of waiting for 6.0 (and some spare time) to see if there will be a 1024 cab or not. If not, ask again because I might have forgotten it, since I'm overwhelmed with work at the moment. I think I need a personal assistant ;)

Clawfinger said:
No such luck so far, I'm afraid.

I'm sort of waiting for 6.0 (and some spare time) to see if there will be a 1024 cab or not. If not, ask again because I might have forgotten it, since I'm overwhelmed with work at the moment. I think I need a personal assistant ;)

You need a Sven
att.png

:D

Clawfinger said:
Yes! A Sven would be great, but an Inga would be even better. ;)

Yeah, but then you'd get nothing else done!

But then again, would you really care ;)

javajunkie said:
Clawfinger said:

Yeah, but then you'd get nothing else done!

But then again, would you really care ;)

:lol: :lol:

Clawfinger said:

Maybe I should get an Inga and then I wouldn't need the 1024 IRs...

Re: Clawfinger's IR-page (repost) No password!

Hey Clawfinger, I just checked out your new 6505 IRs and I am really loving 2 of them.

EW480 and EW480_pos2_c214

These suckka's kick some serious ass. Just tried them with the new recto and they sound great!

Keep them coming :twisted:

xpenno said:
Hey Clawfinger, I just checked out your new 6505 IRs and I am really loving 2 of them.

EW480 and EW480_pos2_c214

These suckka's kick some serious ass. Just tried them with the new recto and they sound great!

Keep them coming :twisted:

Took me a while to get that out of the cab. The first one's sounded more like a bunch of pissed off bees, so I made a setup with my wireless inear (with industrial ear protection on top for maximum noise canceling), and wireless guitar, playing and moving the mic at the same time. Seems to be the way to go. ;)

Clawfinger said:
Took me a while to get that out of the cab. The first one's sounded more like a bunch of pissed off bees, so I made a setup with my wireless inear (with industrial ear protection on top for maximum noise canceling), and wireless guitar, playing and moving the mic at the same time. Seems to be the way to go. ;)

:shock: Well your hard work is certainly appreciated!!!! Rock On!

Hiya,

I just started looking at custom irs and I thought I'd try the Peavey one's mentioned above. I got a bad checksum message. I've had success with the ones from axechange.net though. Main difference I could spot was the size. All the others I tried were 8k and yours was only 4k.

Any suggestions? Is it the new firmware?

Thanks for sharing.

I think I spotted my error. There seems to be v6 versions of the impulses with the correct size. I'll give them a whirl!

Cheers.

Ahhghahaaggg.

I use Clawfinger IR's on quite a few of my presets.

I hope and pray that this is a temporary thing.

Back
Top Bottom