Clawfinger's IR page closed. Thanks people!

Clawfinger

Experienced
Now excuse me, I have important things to do. ;)

39.gif

/Jocke

Re: Clawfinger's IR-page (repost)

Clawfinger said:
It's 50+ IR's from four different cabs, including those "EAW480" that everybody seems to like. (Cliff, you want to include them in 6.0?)

Good Idea!

sheguitarplayer said:
(Cliff, you want to include them in 6.0?)
My thoughts exactly!

That would be awesome, but I'm assuming there isn't enough space/memory to hold that many cabs... What would he do, just pick 1 or 2 IR's of each of the 4 cabs?

I meant that the EAW -IR's from the Marshall cab (two, one off and one on axis) that seems to be liked by several ppl on the forum. At least the old one ;)

Why are they SO LOUD compared to the "stock" cabs? Pretty inconvenient.

plexi59 said:

They are +6db louder. They were done with an older version of AlbertA's converter which happened to render then +6db. Clawfinger hasn't has time to redo them. Still more convenient than doing them yourself :D

AlbertA said:
plexi59 said:

They were made that way so that you could still hear them even with your head fully inside your asshole....

:?: :?: :?:

That was uncalled for.

plexi59 said:

I made them loud because I play loud music. Also, it's nice to annoy people. It's a free service provided by me, so don't use them if you don't like it.

Well, in spite of the hype, I don't find them any better than stock cabs, so I'll probably follow your advice. :lol:

plexi59 said:
Well, in spite of the hype, I don't find them any better than stock cabs, so I'll probably follow your advice. :lol:
You get your money back, then. All of it. Happy?

Dammit, the folks who develop add-ons like IRs aren't doing so to please you. They're doing it for their own purposes, and then sharing the results of their work with other users. For free. They don't have to share any of them, and - this is really important - they don't benefit in any way from your decision to use them. If you like them, fine. If not, that's fine, too, but it doesn't give you any justification to bitch about them here.

If you ever manage to create IRs that you think are better than these, you are welcome to share them. If you have any positive contribution to make, that would be welcome as well.

In an attempt to turn this into a positive. I for one very much appreciate Jay, Claw, Admins, Cliff and EVERYONE else who contributes and shares. I feel like a leach taking advantage of all this and not even sharing patches. But it's only because I have no resources YET to even record.... a couple more weeks and I'll have my laptop :D .

So thanks to everyone... you guys are brilliant and selfless!

Cam said:
In an attempt to turn this into a positive. I for one very much appreciate Jay, Claw, Admins, Cliff and EVERYONE else who contributes and shares.

+1

I'll second that.

Best regards
Friedlieb

@Clawfinger
have you planned to make a few BASS cab IR's?
this would be awesome!

cheers
Soultrash

Soultrash said:
have you planned to make a few BASS cab IR's?
this would be awesome!
Not likely. In order to capture an IR with any worthwhile response detail at the lowest bass frequencies (~35Hz for a four-string), the IR would have to be at least one period in length at that frequency (29ms), ideally as much as twice that. That would require a minimum 2048-point IR. As things now stand, you would have to split the IR into four parts and use two delay blocks to implement that in the Axe-Fx. And your playback speaker's response would have to extend to a substantially lower frequency than the cab sim, otherwise you'll just be hearing your playback speaker's lower cutoff. The possibility of getting an IR that is longer than 30ms without early room reflections is pretty remote. Finally, most bass parts are recorded direct and reinforced live via a DI straight from the instrument. The speaker sound is not nearly so great a factor in most bass sounds as it is with guitar.

Back
Top Bottom