Carrying case?

With room for cables and at least one Expression pedal if not a pair... gimmie room for an iPad and mic clip for it.... oh... need room for my Swirly-Gig too...

I've got a generic gig bag ( from musicians friend) that's probably about the right size if I don't stick it on a pedaltrain first.

It's not really meant to be in and out of a carrying case, but on a board with all your pedals. You don't want to reassemble your pedalboard every time you go to use it, do you?
No. Why push up the price $50 to $100 for a sweet case that you'll never use? Or even $20 for a crap case?

This is what you want:
Pedal Boards — Pedaltrain
Your Ax-8 plus expression pedals, with power and cables ready to perform. and in a provided case with wheels depending on which size you get. They redid their whole line recently but I can tell you that any case Fractal provided would be a waste of time and space and for the cost of shipping it to you, weight as well.

I have a PedalTrain Grande (would be the terra 42" now) and I can tell you that my MFC-101 and 4 expression pedals fills it out.

Last edited:
i need to take up the least amount of space as possible at most gigs. attaching to a pedalboard just won't work for me, as that usually adds way too much space needed.

place FX8/AX8 on floor
plug in power cable
place Expression Pedal on floor, plug in cable
plug in guitar cable to Input
plug in cable to output

that's pretty much it and doesn't take much time at all. i don't have other pedals to integrate though, so the FX8 makes sense to put on a board with your other pedals of choice, but perhaps the AX8 could live well on its own, assuming you do most, if not all, in the unit itself.

Peter Hundley
Peter Hundley is offline Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, Peter with Trailer Trash Pedal Boards here. We have a case option in the works right now. We should have the first run of units ready to ship in less than a month. Here are some pictures of our prototype, which holds an FX-8 and two expression pedals. This same case will also hold the MFC-101 instead of the FX-8 and we plan to eventually offer a version that can hold the MFC with more expression pedals. We will release more details soon, this is a very cool product with a unique mounting system for the components and super lightweight.

this is from an FX8 thread Higher Quality stuff than my previous post. This was posted in july

i need to take up the least amount of space as possible at most gigs. attaching to a pedalboard just won't work for me, as that usually adds way too much space needed.

place FX8/AX8 on floor
plug in power cable
place Expression Pedal on floor, plug in cable
plug in guitar cable to Input
plug in cable to output

that's pretty much it and doesn't take much time at all. i don't have other pedals to integrate though, so the FX8 makes sense to put on a board with your other pedals of choice, but perhaps the AX8 could live well on its own, assuming you do most, if not all, in the unit itself.

Same as my setup, but with the addition of the turbo tuner. I don't want/need a pedalboard, but a gig bag sure would be nice.

I'm gonna stuff it on a PT Pro with at least a couple expression pedals, Turbo Tuner, and a rotation of a few extra pedals. I currently have the soft case, but I'll probably try to fit the whole setup into a hard case to feel better about transport.

Assuming it's the same dimension as the MFC, I would think it would fit nicely in one of these...

Targus - CityGear Messenger

Before I mounted my MFC on a board I carried it around in the Targus Gear bag. It fit perfectly, almost as if it was made for it (plus a few cables). The shoulder strap even made it better.

I ride the subway a lot to rehearsals and gigs, so for potability, that's probably what I'm going to use. Mounting on a board (for me) just adds weight and defeats the purpose of getting an AX8. If I need to go big, I'll use my XL.

I'm also in the no board for ease of travel. I can get my MFC 101 , or my FX8 and or soon to be AX8 inside a normal laptop case. ( for flying that's awesome!
This case in the video I'm able to get the MFC (AX8 -same size) inside the main compartment along with power, guitar and XLR cables and a Roland EV-5 in the top outside pocket I have my Sennheiser wireless systems and in the back compartment I have two small folding plastic guitar stands.

:0)

http://youtu.be/znXbnTjZPLA

I'm also in the no board for ease of travel. I can get my MFC 101 , or my FX8 and or soon to be AX8 inside a normal laptop case. ( for flying that's awesome!
This case in the video I'm able to get the MFC (AX8 -same size) inside the main compartment along with power, guitar and XLR cables and a Roland EV-5 in the top outside pocket I have my Sennheiser wireless systems and in the back compartment I have two small folding plastic guitar stands.

:0)

http://youtu.be/znXbnTjZPLA
Nice!

What's the laptop case called?

Hmm It's Labeled FORAY It is very durable but I don't think expensive at all I think my Ex wife got it a yard sale . :) It seems like its meant to carry an old school 17 inch Laptop The MFC, FX8 and AX8 I believe are 16 x 10 and it fits with enough room for the pedal (not on the side so mounting on a pedalboard)

It's not for throwing in struck with a bunch of other road cases but for walking on a plane with it and a gig bag. It rocks.

I think if you take a trip to an Computer store and stroll down their Laptop bags and case isle you'll find something you like that will fit what you need. I was going to have something custom made to match my 2 space rack bag and guitar case but this case rocks. and I have a Swiss army one on wheels that works really nicely as well. so no need.

Back
Top Bottom