Carrying case?

I'll probably use something like this: Travelpro Maxlite 21 Inch Exp Hardside Spinner. I travel almost every week and my Travelpro spinner cases are effortless to wheel. If you needed more room, you could get a backpack that will hook right over the handle and just wheel them both along. If you hit some stairs or rough terrain, throw the backpack on your back and carry the other case until you can wheel again.

Here's the backpack I use this way: Samsonite Luggage Xenon 2 Backpack. I can't believe how much I can fit in this bag. Of course these are not designed specifically for music gear, but really hold up well and are much easier than carrying everything by hand all the time.

You won't be getting into any laptop bag i've ever seen. it's far thicker than a laptop.

This is a Pedal Train Pro, my full ground rig. I don't usually bring the Mark IV channel switcher, usually I just use relays via scene changes.

ISP Decimator 2 G-String
Home Made stereo aby
Eventide Space
EV-1
EP-1 spring loaded
TWA Triskellion 2
Shure Wireless Receiver
Pedal Power 2 Plus

Last edited:
"You won't be getting into any laptop bag i've ever soon. it's far thicker than a laptop."

It would've been mighty convenient...but Challenge Accepted nevertheless haha

You won't be getting into any laptop bag i've ever seen. it's far thicker than a laptop.

This is a Pedal Train Pro, my full ground rig. I don't usually bring the Mark IV channel switcher, usually I just use relays via scene changes.

Dude... you gotta have really small feet! The whole right side of your pedal set up would ruin me with my clod hoppers

I could have sworn that I saw posted here somewhere a picture of the AX8 side by side with the MFC, and the AX8 was considerably smaller. Maybe it was the FX8 vs MFC. Either way I can't seem to find that photo now so maybe I imagined it. :)

I've always just used a laptop backpack for my laptop, pedals and cables, i hope the AX8 just slips into one personally ; )
You might not be able to fit the pedals too, but some laptop bags have internal separators that take a good deal of internal space, so it should fit if taken out.

I'll make a flight case that I can use without taking the AX8 out.

Anyone try one of these? or seen it in person? I'm usually a pretty big fan of most Gator brand products.

Amazon product ASIN B00IJYE14U
71lxVMcFYDL._SL1470_.jpg

Got this case custom build for my diy pedalboard. Will simply switch the Voodoo Lab Ground Control for the AX8 and get rid of the TU-2 and the SD-1 completely.
There's enough room for cables, built like a tank!

Cheers Stef

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 197
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 165
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
It's not really meant to be in and out of a carrying case, but on a board with all your pedals. You don't want to reassemble your pedalboard every time you go to use it, do you?
No. Why push up the price $50 to $100 for a sweet case that you'll never use? Or even $20 for a crap case?

This is what you want:
Pedal Boards — Pedaltrain
Your Ax-8 plus expression pedals, with power and cables ready to perform. and in a provided case with wheels depending on which size you get. They redid their whole line recently but I can tell you that any case Fractal provided would be a waste of time and space and for the cost of shipping it to you, weight as well.

I have a PedalTrain Grande (would be the terra 42" now) and I can tell you that my MFC-101 and 4 expression pedals fills it out.

I don't think that's true at all.......That's a pretty broad statement there...........Not for everyone-well not for me anyway. The whole idea for me is to NOT have a big ass pedal board, Cables and 2 exp pedals and that's it-so I do want a case and I already have one....

Got this case custom build for my diy pedalboard. Will simply switch the Voodoo Lab Ground Control for the AX8 and get rid of the TU-2 and the SD-1 completely.
There's enough room for cables, built like a tank!

Cheers Stef

That looks perfect.....

I don't think that's true at all.......That's a pretty broad statement there...........Not for everyone-well not for me anyway. The whole idea for me is to NOT have a big ass pedal board, Cables and 2 exp pedals and that's it-so I do want a case and I already have one....
I wasn't responding to you. All the OP asked was if it was going to come with a carrying case. That's what I was responding to. i was making a suggestion. Everyone else is making assumptions and I can too so OF COURSE ITS A BROAD GENERALIZATION. My post had zero to do with your particular situation. The whole idea for you illustrates my point that if there are 1,000 guitar players you gave 1,000 different demands for something that matches what they think is such a special and unique situation - which is what by the way drives the entire music accessory industry. Maybe you've noticed.
My point is simply that Factal would be wasting time (money) effort (money) and money(actual money) trying to create a case or bag that will meet the needs of all these people. I'm being realistic. This is the reason why guitars are increasingly coming with those crappy gig bags and not legit guitar cases and pistols come in cases that serve the barest minimum requirement for shipping the unit.

Back
Top Bottom