Carrying case?

I wasn't responding to you. All the OP asked was if it was going to come with a carrying case. That's what I was responding to. i was making a suggestion. Everyone else is making assumptions and I can too so OF COURSE ITS A BROAD GENERALIZATION. My post had zero to do with your particular situation. The whole idea for you illustrates my point that if there are 1,000 guitar players you gave 1,000 different demands for something that matches what they think is such a special and unique situation - which is what by the way drives the entire music accessory industry. Maybe you've noticed.
My point is simply that Factal would be wasting time (money) effort (money) and money(actual money) trying to create a case or bag that will meet the needs of all these people. I'm being realistic. This is the reason why guitars are increasingly coming with those crappy gig bags and not legit guitar cases and pistols come in cases that serve the barest minimum requirement for shipping the unit.

Didn't think you were referring to me. but you did say "It's not really meant to be in and out of a carrying case, but on a board with all your pedals." So I responded to that. I agree that fractal would be crazy to make cases and I also agree it's silly to spend a bunch of $$$ on one. I would bet most of us old timers have something already. II mean even a laptop case works fine. Anyway, it's all good

I bought this case several years ago for my GSP1101 Control 2, and I've since used it with every multieffect pedal I've bought. I LOVE it. It seems to fit everything! From the measurements, it looks like it's going to work well for my AX8 too. I highly recommend it...not that you guys know me. ;)

RR

How sturdy is the case? From the description it sounds like its just the outer nylon gig bag material with some foam inside. If you put something heavy on top of the case would it flatten down?

I have been using the bag from pedal train Jr board.

Can you buy just the soft bag?

How sturdy is the case? From the description it sounds like its just the outer nylon gig bag material with some foam inside. If you put something heavy on top of the case would it flatten down

The short answer is that it probably would flatten if you put a lot of weight on it - but I mean a lot (my guess would be a couple hundred pounds, but that's a guess). The outside feeks like thick, sturdy canvas, and the foam inside is rigid - not just soft memory foam. The inside is like the inside of SKB guitar cases...it's just that the outside is canvas rather than plastic. I never worry about dropping it because it feels very protective. That said, if you are a pro and your gear routinely takes a lot of heavy abuse, you may want to go in another direction. If you are looking for a bag, I still recommend it...

Hope that helps!
RR

All things MONO are amazing. Highly recommend The Producer bag. All my gigging bags are MONO now and they're built to last.

+1

Below are pictures of the AX8 in the Mono Club and the Mono Tour.

Mono Club.JPG

Mono Tour.JPG

How sturdy is the case? From the description it sounds like its just the outer nylon gig bag material with some foam inside. If you put something heavy on top of the case would it flatten down?

Can you buy just the soft bag?

I don't believe you can but mono makes a great case that is the same size.

It's not really meant to be in and out of a carrying case, but on a board with all your pedals. You don't want to reassemble your pedalboard every time you go to use it, do you?
No. Why push up the price $50 to $100 for a sweet case that you'll never use? Or even $20 for a crap case?

This is what you want:
Pedal Boards — Pedaltrain
Your Ax-8 plus expression pedals, with power and cables ready to perform. and in a provided case with wheels depending on which size you get. They redid their whole line recently but I can tell you that any case Fractal provided would be a waste of time and space and for the cost of shipping it to you, weight as well.

I have a PedalTrain Grande (would be the terra 42" now) and I can tell you that my MFC-101 and 4 expression pedals fills it out.
That's VERY subjective...

That may be fine for your situation, but for many simply carrying the AX8 around in a compact case is a great solution.
Another one missing the point which is that 99% of you will complain at whatever case Fractal would package with it.

Another one missing the point which is that 99% of you will complain at whatever case Fractal would package with it.
I think you should go back and read the forum rules...keep your marine attitude at home. Someone asked about them designing/manufacturing a case, and you have to be a nob about it. If it's not constructive, why say anything? Do you sit at home all day looking for someone you can be negative towards?

MONO-Cases-EFX-Producer-The-Producer-Jet-Black_P.jpg
Joe has been using a case from MONO BAGS. It's killer. Contact them. They know which one it is. I think it's called "The Producer".
I just went to their site to look that over. You're right, it is "The Producer" and it looks perfectly sized to the AX8. See if you can get Joe to post a picture or two of his loaded up. I'm curious to see what he fits in there, besides the AX8 of course!

MONO-Cases-EFX-Producer-The-Producer-Jet-Black_P.jpg

I just went to their site to look that over. You're right, it is "The Producer" and it looks perfectly sized to the AX8. See if you can get Joe to post a picture or two of his loaded up. I'm curious to see what he fits in there, besides the AX8 of course!
I have actually been using "The Kontroller" from MONO. I am able to carry AX8 or FX8 and a laptop with cables. Alternately, you would probably be able to put a couple expression pedals in place of the laptop with a little rearranging.

I've even been known to carry both the AX8 and the FX8 together. It's a pretty tight fit, but it works. Because I carry for development purposes, I have bunches of cables, emulators and the such. So your mileage may vary. Here are a couple of pictures I just took in my office. Not great photos, but you get the idea.

closed_mono.jpg

open_mono.jpg

I have actually been using "The Kontroller" from MONO. I am able to carry AX8 or FX8 and a laptop with cables. Alternately, you would probably be able to put a couple expression pedals in place of the laptop with a little rearranging.

I've even been known to carry both the AX8 and the FX8 together. It's a pretty tight fit, but it works. Because I carry for development purposes, I have bunches of cables, emulators and the such. So your mileage may vary. Here are a couple of pictures I just took in my office. Not great photos, but you get the idea.

View attachment 29009

View attachment 29011

Nice setup!

Based on the dimensions of that bag and the AX8, what do you think the chances are that it would fit in my Mono Fader bag?

The dimensions of the Fader are 15" x 3.5" x 12".

Back
Top Bottom