Carrying case?

I agree the Mono products are very well constructed. I had an M80 for a pedal train I used years ago when I was using a standard pedal setup.

If I go the Mono route I'm torn between the 365 and Kontroller.

After hauling my gear to church this morning I'm rethinking the Pelican :). Not cause it's too heavy, but it means I have my guitar, Pelican and my regular messenger bag that has all my "stuff" and laptop. I may keep the Pelican as it really is awesome and could easily be used for my recording gear, camera gear, etc. So I ordered the Kontroller to check out . Thank the Lord for Amazon Prime free returns :)

After hauling my gear to church this morning I'm rethinking the Pelican :). Not cause it's too heavy, but it means I have my guitar, Pelican and my regular messenger bag that has all my "stuff" and laptop. I may keep the Pelican as it really is awesome and could easily be used for my recording gear, camera gear, etc. So I ordered the Kontroller to check out . Thank the Lord for Amazon Prime free returns :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Pelican. I play at different congregations every week, along with festivals and bars, and I too have been inquiring the 365, pelican, and kontroller. I made the trek this morning the parking lot to the auditorium for the first with the ax8 in tow along with my guitar in the hard case. I was able to fit the ax 8 in an old Swiss army backpack with cables and Moog expression pedal and absolutely loved carrying it all on my back. There just isn't enough padding and protection to keep hauling each week like that. Quickest set and tear down I've ever had and I didn't even have to tweak my patch I made at all. Since I'm the one that carrys my gear, I ruled out the pelican for hard case protection. I'm in between the kontroller and 365. I'm planning to keep two Moog expression pedals in my bag, but will most likely use one for churches and two for bar gigs when I play with my other band. Is there room for two Moog expression pedals in each of the 365 pockets? I have Amazon prime too, so I can probably do the same as you are doing and returning if it doesn't fit. I'm leaning towards the 365 since I have to walk up stairs and across parking lots. I'm eager to see what you have to say about the kontroller! I'm glad you're will to experiment and also share you experiences on here. Let us know what you think!

Will do. I honestly think the Pelican is a better deal than the 365 and actually easier for me to carry. I would stick with the Pelican (and may still) if only I didn't have to carry another bag as well. If I was just gigging and not "going to work", it would be Pelican and my gig bag (I have a Mono, but the Suhr bag I have is so much more compact I usually use it. I'm a bag guy...I wish I lived in a area where the murse was acceptable :). My ideal is to use the Producer as my everyday bag (not carrying the ax8) and just drop the Ax8 when I play, but I've been told it is too tight a fit and I couldn't carry a tablet or laptop.

The 365 is at the office, so I will confirm, but l got one Moog in the pocket. My concern may be that the other pocket has some organizing stuff in it, so it may be an issue..:I'll see.

I hear you. If I were to go with something like the Pelican, I'd need it to be big enough to haul everything but the guitar. With that much weight, three containers can be too much for a single trip.

I had practice on Saturday and I didn't want to pull my whole pedalboard, so I pulled it off and carried my ax8, expression pedal, switch in a small luggage that was in the closet. It worked really well since it had swivel casters and a handle.So now I'm looking at small 22" travel luggage, with casters and a handle, as my wife said,your not using our good luggage again.pffft. So I had my qsc k10, luggage and my guitar, small and compact. It was great.

Oakley Halifax Courier Messenger bag. Just might be the ticket. I can get one for $54 on their SI website. That or their range bag. It's a little more but it may also work. Either one would likely be a tight fit.

Will do. I honestly think the Pelican is a better deal than the 365 and actually easier for me to carry. I would stick with the Pelican (and may still) if only I didn't have to carry another bag as well. If I was just gigging and not "going to work", it would be Pelican and my gig bag (I have a Mono, but the Suhr bag I have is so much more compact I usually use it. I'm a bag guy...I wish I lived in a area where the murse was acceptable :). My ideal is to use the Producer as my everyday bag (not carrying the ax8) and just drop the Ax8 when I play, but I've been told it is too tight a fit and I couldn't carry a tablet or laptop.

The 365 is at the office, so I will confirm, but l got one Moog in the pocket. My concern may be that the other pocket has some organizing stuff in it, so it may be an issue..:I'll see.

Thanks for checking. My deal is I just want to haul one bag for cables, ax8, two Moog expression pedals, and 15in mac book pro when needed w/ charger, and sometimes an audio interface. I'm not concerned with the weight, because I already have to carry all that anyways most of the time.

Last edited:
Haven't read through this entire thread (sorry!) But I think I've found the perfect case/anti theft solution in my basement... the bag that came with the xt live I bought 12 years ago... I can't give that thing away. Perfect camouflage

Ok, I found what will work for my needs. I walked into the store with the AX8 to make sure it fit before I bought it (that felt weird)

It's the 5.11 Rush Delivery Lima Messenger Bag.

http://www.511tactical.com/rush-delivery-lima.html

Fits perfectly. Not much protection if any from shock, but I only wanted something that would allow me to carry the unit and I didn't want to spend a bunch. Plus, it will pull double duty as a messenger bag when I need. Right now you can buy from their site with free shipping and 20% off retail. That should put it to your door for about $85.

I then found a great little flashlight that will work on the AX8 to light up the panel in low light environments when I can't see the buttons. Hopefully that will rarely happen where I need to see the buttons while on stage, but just in case.

http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/product/product.html?pid=245

At GT Distributors here in Austin it was normally $29, but they had a promotion where it was free if you purchased $70 in Streamlight gear, so my son's car and my wife's car each got a small flashlight for their glove box in case of emergencies.

I can try and post up some pictures later if anyone would like.

Funny you should say that, I've been using one for the last few weeks with my AX8 after replacing my GT-100.
It fits fairly well, with space for an expression and a few extras as you can see. It's pretty snug up against the top foam, so it doesn't move around, but you need to push down the top a little to zip it up. It's actually a really solid case. Not sure what the base material is though. It's nice and light too.

Keep in mind the top foam is removable and you can cut a small slit out where the protector bar is if you don't like the little bit of force on the lid when closed.

I tried one and considered keeping it, but I couldn't fit the EV-1 in there.

Wow! Bigger than the Roland pedal!? I didn't realize the EV-1 was that big. I thought I had seen someone put an EV-1 in it by laying it on its side diagonally. Or did I dream it!?

Wow! Bigger than the Roland pedal!? I didn't realize the EV-1 was that big. I thought I had seen someone put an EV-1 in it by laying it on its side diagonally. Or did I dream it!?
On paper, they're about the same size. But I tied everything I could think of to get it to fit without permanently deforming the case, with no success.

The EV-1 is big. In use, I think its size is just about perfect. But its size has ruled out more than a few potential case options for me.

i've not used that specific product but I've used lot's of other Gator stuff and it all has been very well made.

I use the gator soft case for my liquid foot 12+ and an ernie ball and mission pedal. made a board to fit it perfectly. been on bunch of gigs, holding up well.

Thanks for checking. My deal is I just want to haul one bag for cables, ax8, two Moog expression pedals, and 15in mac book pro when needed w/ charger, and sometimes an audio interface. I'm not concerned with the weight, because I already have to carry all that anyways most of the time.

OK, I got 15" MBP, AX8, iPad Air 2 in main compartment. Side pockets each hold a Moog, but the one is pretty tight due to the built-in organizer. Plenty of room for all you listed; but it's just too "large" for me. I'm 5 7" and it's like I'm wearing a jet pack :)

Back
Top Bottom