Carrying case?

Can anyone tell me the height of the AX8 sitting on a surface to the top of the highest point (knob or protective bar)? I know the specs say 4", but I believe that is just the enclosure. The specs on the MFC say 3", but it is over 4" to the top of the highest switch.

This CASE (new link)

If it fits this would be an ideal solution for just $30. I'm all over this. Thanks for the tip
I have a case that appears to be identical to this case, purchased about ten years ago on eBay for about the same price. It's a decent case, but it's not quite what it appears to be.

It's sold as an aluminum case. The rails are aluminum, but the panels are made from thin MDF, covered with an embossed plastic sheet that looks like machined aluminum but isn't. It has rubber feet that are fastened to the MDF panel, not the aluminum rails. When the case arrived, one of the feet had been pushed through the panel, leaving a hole where the foot had been. The padding is good. The outer skin...not so much.

It will fit an AX8 and maybe a cable or two, but not much else. You won't get an expression pedal or another stomp switch in there.

I've posted this case here before, but I'll put it up again in "case" anyone else can profit from it.

This aluminum case fits AX8, FX8 and MFC-101. I have used this case with MFC-101, both on and off the road, for four years. It is durable.

ALUMNDA306NF-3.jpg

This case is available for US$79 from Star Case Company. Part No: ALUMNDA306NF

https://www.starcase.com/product_p/alumnda306nf.htm

Order it with the Pik'N'Pluck foam insert for a custom fit to your device. US$20.55

ASCM306PIKPLUK-2.jpg

http://www.starcase.com/product_p/ascm306pikpluk.htm

I've posted this case here before, but I'll put it up again in "case" anyone else can profit from it.

This aluminum case fits AX8, FX8 and MFC-101. I have used this case with MFC-101, both on and off the road, for four years. It is durable.

ALUMNDA306NF-3.jpg

This case is available for US$79 from Star Case Company. Part No: ALUMNDA306NF

https://www.starcase.com/product_p/alumnda306nf.htm

Order it with the Pik'N'Pluck foam insert for a custom fit to your device. US$20.55

ASCM306PIKPLUK-2.jpg

http://www.starcase.com/product_p/ascm306pikpluk.htm
Looks nice. Have you managed to fit an expression pedal in there as well?

Looks nice. Have you managed to fit an expression pedal in there as well?
Nope, the pedals (Mission EP-1s) have been traveling in a separate stage trunk.

If you use a mini expression pedal like the AMT EX-50 (4 1/2" x 2 1/2" x 2") then you might be able to squeeze one in there.

EFCAMPEX50_3.jpg

i need to take up the least amount of space as possible at most gigs. attaching to a pedalboard just won't work for me, as that usually adds way too much space needed.

place FX8/AX8 on floor
plug in power cable
place Expression Pedal on floor, plug in cable
plug in guitar cable to Input
plug in cable to output

that's pretty much it and doesn't take much time at all. i don't have other pedals to integrate though, so the FX8 makes sense to put on a board with your other pedals of choice, but perhaps the AX8 could live well on its own, assuming you do most, if not all, in the unit itself.

What expression pedal do you prefer?

What expression pedal do you prefer?
Anything really. I'm not concerned about how long the pedal is. Mostly how much "horizontal" space I'm taking up. Currently using boss FV500. Would prefer a couple of FAS pedals.

I have a case that appears to be identical to this case, purchased about ten years ago on eBay for about the same price. It's a decent case, but it's not quite what it appears to be.

It's sold as an aluminum case. The rails are aluminum, but the panels are made from thin MDF, covered with an embossed plastic sheet that looks like machined aluminum but isn't. It has rubber feet that are fastened to the MDF panel, not the aluminum rails. When the case arrived, one of the feet had been pushed through the panel, leaving a hole where the foot had been. The padding is good. The outer skin...not so much.

It will fit an AX8 and maybe a cable or two, but not much else. You won't get an expression pedal or another stomp switch in there.
I picked one up and for now it's a viable solution for me. Yes, it's not very rugged, but I'm not touring and only transport with it 1x or 2x per week. 30.00 for a good short-term result and it sure beats the 8.00 large plastic tub with foam in the bottom I used previously. Plus, when I upgrade in a year or so, I can use it for tools. :D

Guys, did anyone try this with AX8, would it fit? (the height)
http://www.thomann.de/intl/skb_sc2111.htm

Funny you should say that, I've been using one for the last few weeks with my AX8 after replacing my GT-100.
It fits fairly well, with space for an expression and a few extras as you can see. It's pretty snug up against the top foam, so it doesn't move around, but you need to push down the top a little to zip it up. It's actually a really solid case. Not sure what the base material is though. It's nice and light too.

Attachments

• IMG_1010.jpg
    IMG_1010.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_1011.jpg
    IMG_1011.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 183
Funny you should say that, I've been using one for the last few weeks with my AX8 after replacing my GT-100.
It fits fairly well, with space for an expression and a few extras as you can see. It's pretty snug up against the top foam, so it doesn't move around, but you need to push down the top a little to zip it up. It's actually a really solid case. Not sure what the base material is though. It's nice and light too.

Cool! Thank you for the information! Now I know which case to get :)

Back
Top Bottom