Can the III load existing BLK files (blocks) ?

lqdsnddist

Axe-Master
i know it’s been said the III won’t be able to load existing presets from the II, but can it load Block settings ? For example if I’ve dialed in a phaser block setting, I can save the whole thing as a preset, or I can save just that blocks settings in Axe-edit. Would be great if I could just copy my blk’s Into the folder on the III editor.

That is a bummer, guess I'll be doing a lot of iPhone photos of each page of the effects settings lol.

On the upside, perhaps the reason they won't be compatible with each other is that the III will start to have some more advanced/different algorithms for the effects blocks. Make no mistake, the II effects are great, but I for one wouldn't mind some advancements in things like the flanger, vibe, rotary speaker etc. They are good as is, but perhaps could be made truly "great", with more DSP power

As @Rex stated above, You can export a preset as a CSV file from Axe-Edit and then open it as a spreadsheet. If you don't have Microsoft Excel, you can use LibreOffice which is free https://www.libreoffice.org. That's what I had to do to manually convert presets from a XL+ to a MK I before FracTool was created.

I like to export CSV files of my main presets before firmware updates to see what's changed.

Or use FracTool to view saved presets...

Sometimes FracTool doesn't show the correct settings or create CSV files that show the correct settings but it does converts presets perfectly. Axe-Edit makes perfect CSV files from my experience.

Being new architecture, I plan on starting from scratch. Scenes, stomps layout etc will all be different anyway. Besides, it's going to sound somewhat different too due to algorithm improvements/DSP etc. So settings may not translate the same.

If you can share how to reproduce a problem, i fix it ;)

It's not a big deal bc FracTool converts presets perfectly but if you want to see the issue, export any factory preset as CSV from Axe-Edit and FracTool and compare the file values with the Axe-Fx II. Some of the values in the FracTool CSV file aren't displayed correctly and FracTool displays the same info when looking at a preset in FracTool.

If you load a preset that was converted from a XL+ to a MkI with FracTool and then either manually verify the values from either Axe-Edit or the faceplates or export CSV files with Axe-Edit from the XL+ and MkI, the values will be perfect.

I'm using an Axe-Fx II XL+ Quantum 9.04 and FracTool v2.60 but I think I was using Quantum 8.04 the last time I tested it bc I exported my presets from my Axe-Fx II MkI before I sold it.

PM me if you need more details or files.

Back
Top Bottom