Stupid Questions Thread: Existing Patches

Cancer

Question:

So with the architecture changes, will our existing patches work? If so, how (conversion, translation, other)? If not, is there any chance for a conversion utility?

As of right now you can't take a syx file from any other unit in the lineup and load it into the III. That's not unsurprising. It's a very different platform. Does that mean it will always be this way? Hard to say. Smart people like @AlGrenadine are no doubt going to be looking into it .

I figured with the new chipset, that this might be an issue. Hopefully someone will code up a converter (I would if I could). I'm willing to pay if someone's willing to create it. Fingers crossed.

Well having side by side, or actually, one racked over the other is my preference......
I already have the II on top of the Ultra in my rack, as I still have not had enough time to reprogram every preset. I can't see adding the III over the II over the Ultra. I am working toward one unit in my rack. The thought of re-reprogramming the 200 presets I have already reprogrammed for the II is more than I can bear. Makes me envious of the guys who use only a handfull of presets.

Last edited:
Hopefully there will be some sort of import/conversion tool. I only have 20 or so patches that are dialed in for the songs we play that I would really need to convert right now, so that won't be too bad but it'll still take a good deal of time to set up each block in each of those presets. I know that things will sound different but I would want to start from where I am now and not have to re-create the wheel. The time-eater is having to go back and forth to match each blocks' settings, then set up all the boosts, controllers, scenes etc.

As of right now you can't take a syx file from any other unit in the lineup and load it into the III. That's not unsurprising. It's a very different platform. Does that mean it will always be this way? Hard to say. Smart people like @AlGrenadine are no doubt going to be looking into it .
How about individual blocks?

Back
Top Bottom