Cab Pack 9 Teaser: The "Boaner"?

My spell check says boner.

What's going on?

(Me thinks it really must be the wine this evening...)

Either way, it's funny.

And yeah, looking forward to this so freaking much! (Cab pack. Not the other thingamajob)

That's badass tone. So completely realistic.

So many cab packs, too little time... (quite literally, in my case).

I know this issue since I have it too. :) That's why for Cab Pack 8 and 9 I've included ALLOY ACES (or ACE ALLOYS) which are my favorite alloy IRs. Those folders are ridiculous and TBH that's all I use myself. You get 10 options which are all a bit too good to be true. Actually I spent more time trying to decide which were best for the patches I was using.

Breaking news: Cab Pack 8 is officially ready.

You can't release two cab packs in three months! You'll set a precedent! People will expect to be on cab pack 15 by the end of the year!

Between you and ownhammer, I really don't know what to do. I don't have enough user slots!

work faster damn you! i cant wait for this!

i want a bogner cab now! :D

btw, is it loaded with V30 or something else??

I promise you it'll be out "soon".

It's got V30s in it. If you compare it to Cab Pack 7 it's surprisingly different sounding. I guess it's mostly about darker English V30s vs Chinese V30s. Chinese V30s have more 4khz but have a steeper frequency roll-off so there's less of that fizz and sizzle on top. Sometimes you want it and sometimes you don't. :)

You can't release two cab packs in three months! You'll set a precedent! People will expect to be on cab pack 15 by the end of the year!

Between you and ownhammer, I really don't know what to do. I don't have enough user slots!

Man my plan is to speed things up. :lol

My advice is to delete all the IRs that you have in your Axe-Fx. You will not need them after these. ;) Nah.. but seriously I think you should find approximately 5 of your favorite alloys from the Cab Packs and that'll only take 5 slots. :) What I do myself is find the best IR in my DAW on the computer and then load just the ones that I though sticked out and I'm good to go. I never assumed people to load all the IRs into the Axe-Fx. :) However if you want to do that then my suggestions will be the first IRs in the folders. That's how I designed things. :)

Man my plan is to speed things up. :lol

My advice is to delete all the IRs that you have in your Axe-Fx. You will not need them after these. ;) Nah.. but seriously I think you should find approximately 5 of your favorite alloys from the Cab Packs and that'll only take 5 slots. :) What I do myself is find the best IR in my DAW on the computer and then load just the ones that I though sticked out and I'm good to go. I never assumed people to load all the IRs into the Axe-Fx. :) However if you want to do that then my suggestions will be the first IRs in the folders. That's how I designed things. :)

I've never loaded all impulses in to the Axe FX, I just run through with AxeFxSend and pick out the ones I like. Mainly I stick with the mixes only. But doing this, I have missed out on stuff in the past.

When I first got the Ownhammer high gain essentials IR's, I loaded all the EL34 mix's and after a while, I didn't jive with them 100%, they always felt a bit too boomy and scooped. It wasn't until I accidentally loaded one of the Solidstate poweramp ones that I realized the EL34 ones were too scooped and boomy, whereas the solidstate ones sounded much more balanced.

That being said, it doesn't take many cab packs before I fill all user slots, even using mix cabs only.

I currently have 16 slots free, but it shouldn't be too hard to clear tons more. The problem is I'm a bit of an e-hoarder. Sure, I don't need whatever preset or impulse now, but I might at some unspecified future date!

Well that's exactly it. I've lost everything that was systematic in my user cabs. I obey a strict rule.. if I haven't used an IR in a month then it can go. :lol

The tube IRs that Kevin put out definitely are too boomy and scooped for the Axe-Fx since the speaker page is basically already modeling the tube amp color so it's like playing through two power amp modeling stages. :)

Back
Top Bottom