Cab-Lab 4 Release 🔈🧪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fractal currently supports normal IRs and DynaCabs.

What other format are you thinking about?

Third party DynaCabs are DynaCabs...
Misunderstanding, I wasn't talking about yet another format.

You were talking about separate storage spaces for standard and DynaCab IRs. I hadn't realized that was a thing.

What I'm trying to nail down for real is how third party DynaCab IRs are going to work. They'll clearly contain info about multiple mics, positions, and distances. The question is, is that info accessible only in CabLab, or can the hardware and AxeEdit get to it too, like with the factory IRs.

That's what I imagined, but not based on any real info.

Being able to adjust them dynamically, rather than having to freeze and export them through CabLab would make them much more valuable, to me anyway.

Fender who?

FAS modelers Vs. Fender modeler

Smash Season 4 GIF by DARK SIDE OF THE RING

that’s just too bad we can’t import or just mix the irs that come stock with a fractal device.
i would have love to mix legacy #60 and #61 as just one Ir but it seems we have to buy those cab again right?

You could use the tone match block to create a new IR that is a mix of those two. That block works very well for creating IRs.

Last edited:
I have it installed and connected to the fm9. Should I be able to poll the fm9 for the current dyna cabs?
I thought I would be able to make an IR from what is already on the fm9.

I have it installed and connected to the fm9. Should I be able to poll the fm9 for the current dyna cabs?
I thought I would be able to make an IR from what is already on the fm9.
No, Cab Lab has never been able to access factory cabs. It can only access IR files you have on your computer, like any of the cab packs Fractal, York Audio, OwnHammer etc. sell or any free IRs you might have found on the web.

No, Cab Lab has never been able to access factory cabs. It can only access IR files you have on your computer, like any of the cab packs Fractal, York Audio, OwnHammer etc. sell or any free IRs you might have found on the web.
ok. thanks. Off to Studio One's IR Maker.

Is there any plan to allow a mix down into a standard IR (.WAV) where these can be used elsewhere? For a person without a Fractal unit it's some hard mileage to start buying packs and only ever having the option of using these inside the CabLab app. Maybe the sole intention of this is CabLab --> FAS Hardware and I totally get that, but if the intention was trying to get CabLab and DynaCab packs to the wider mixing community, then being able to export as a normal IR would be a great (/must have) feature imo... So just wondering if that's coming or if it's deliberately left out with no intention of coming kind of thing?

I also think a master output would help inside of CabLab, when balancing things in the DAW it is needed.

2 questions :
Would be nice to have a video of this configuration with cablab4 working together with the hardware. Actually I dial in the cab on the HW from FM3 Edit, it is really very "fluid" and intuitive.
How should this go with the new cablab and the HW connected?
Will there be a few more "firmware embedded" cabs with FW updates ?

What exactly is the difference between the .IR and .SYX files? Syx only for Axe-Fx and IR for Cab Lab?

Is there any plan to allow a mix down into a standard IR (.WAV) where these can be used elsewhere? For a person without a Fractal unit it's some hard mileage to start buying packs and only ever having the option of using these inside the CabLab app. Maybe the sole intention of this is CabLab --> FAS Hardware and I totally get that, but if the intention was trying to get CabLab and DynaCab packs to the wider mixing community, then being able to export as a normal IR would be a great (/must have) feature imo... So just wondering if that's coming or if it's deliberately left out with no intention of coming kind of thing?

I also think a master output would help inside of CabLab, when balancing things in the DAW it is needed.
+1 export to .wav would be really nice as I don’t have a fractal unit available and do most of my guitar based stuff in a DAW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom