Cab-Lab 4 Release šŸ”ˆšŸ§Ŗ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I created a blend of 3 IRs using Cab Lab 4 and saved it to my FM9. Closed Cab Lab and opened FM9 edit and loaded the Cab. On FM9 edit the slot shows as <EMPTY> yet it does load the IR. On Cab Lab and the Unit itself, it does show the name I saved as. Not sure if it's a bug.

I created a blend of 3 IRs using Cab Lab 4 and saved it to my FM9. Closed Cab Lab and opened FM9 edit and loaded the Cab. On FM9 edit the slot shows as <EMPTY> yet it does load the IR. On Cab Lab and the Unit itself, it does show the name I saved as. Not sure if it's a bug.
Might need to open the cab picker and hit the refresh icon on the top bar....

I too was saddened to learn that Cab Lab can't view the current inventory of the connected device. For me, that was huge. To be able to blend an IR with a current Dynacab on the unit. I will have to continue to use my other IR loaders and strategies although I may use Cab Lab for the alignment purposes as that has been one of the blessings of the cab block.
I understand the rationale for not exporting wavs and that's fine but I think there could have been a way to export if conditions were met that none of the current loaded files were of .syx Fractal origin. I still look forward to York and Ownhammer offering up Dyna cab packs to the quality that they have achieved.

On windows 10 Cab-Lab 4.vst3 was installed into the wrong directory.
VST3 directory for windows is 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3'

In Studio One Pro 5.5. Cab-Lab with 4 IR's loaded uses '06' CPU compared to Libra with 8 IR's loaded uses Zero CPU.

Last edited:
I did a run through here

Why did you do that? Now I feel like I also have to purchase that 2x12 Double Verb pack :eek:
Black Friday Love GIF by Target

So thereā€™s still no way to do off axis?
I don't think so.

Imagine the robot they're using to shoot the individual IRs. I think it has a cluster of mics that are stepped across a quarter of the speaker, perhaps the top right section, then it pulls back and steps across the speaker again, repeating until they've covered it in the desired resolution.

If they angled the mics, some would be closer to the speaker, others would be farther, and the alignment and phase would be screwed up.

We don't know their exact process, but it makes sense to me they'd avoid changing the angle.

I don't think so.

Imagine the robot they're using to shoot the individual IRs. I think it has a cluster of mics that are stepped across a quarter of the speaker, perhaps the top right section, then it pulls back and steps across the speaker again, repeating until they've covered it in the desired resolution.

If they angled the mics, some would be closer to the speaker, others would be farther, and the alignment and phase would be screwed up.

We don't know their exact process, but it makes sense to me they'd avoid changing the angle.

I do think Mikko is using the same robot, and you have the ability to go off axis in the Mikko 2 program. I never imagined FAS mounting a cluster of mics to capture at once, but maybe you're right. I really thought everyone using that robot would only have the ability to have it capture one mic at a time with that precision. That's just my assumption.

This is incredible!!! I was just thinking a few days ago when will the newest version of CabLab will be released and was surprised to see the release news for CabLab 4. I've been a Cab Lab user since 2015 and have used it a lot, and I'm loving this new version big time.

Even more incredible is that it's free!!! Man, I love FAS...as always, astounding customer service. And, it was very satisfying to remove iLok from my system too.

A great day in my world...thanks again FAS.

Question for anyone using it in plugin form. How processing intensive is it? How many instances can you run and not have it bog down your session?
Any insight would be appereciated.
I know it's free i could just download and find out, but i just haven't had time at the moment...

Hereā€™s a scenario:
Studio engineer uses Cab-Lab 4 and DynaCabā„¢ Packs in their DAW to dial in a tone for a guitar player while recording an album.
Guitar player wants to use that exact tone in their Helix or load box with IR on their next tour. But they canā€™t because itā€™s an SYX file and is only compatible with the Axe-FX. Whatā€™s the alternative? Theyā€™d have to switch from Helix to an Axe-FX?
Not at all. They can switch to an fm3 or an fm9 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom