Bug? Pitch Controller lag?

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
Anytime I try to use the 'Pitch Controller', there is a 100-200 ms lag in the control action? Even with damping set to '0'.

The 'Pitch Controller' in the AX8 and the Axe-Fx II is lightning fast and responsive.

I'm not seeing this problem here. It's quick and tracks my EV-1 perfectly. Can you post a preset? System settings?

I'm not seeing this problem here. It's quick and tracks my EV-1 perfectly. Can you post a preset? System settings?
Sorry Ian, It's actually called the 'Pitch Follower' in the Axe-Fx III. I sometimes use the pitch of the guitar to control some parameters. Usually after the pitch crosses the predetermined note, the attached parameter moves immediately. But there is a pretty large lag before the parameter moves. This happens in both directions, even with the 'Dampening' set to '0'.

I will try to put together a simple example using 'Pitch' to turn something on and off.

Last edited:
Okay, here is the test preset. The 'Pitch Follower' is attached to the 'Mix' parameter in the Drive block.

Update Rate made no difference..... As a mater of fact, I haven't looked into what that parameter does?

Instructions are in the scene 1 name......
Hit an open 'A' and let it ring for a second, then hammer-on the 5th fret ('D'). On the AX8 and Axe-Fx II it changes immediately.

Attachments

• Pitch Follower Lag.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
I mostly use this to automatically turn harmonies on and off, or select different scales, also to engage or modify effects etc.... at specific note ranges.

It's unusable the way it is right now...:(

I also was experiencing problems with the pitch follower ... can’t remember just what I was doing, but I do recall giving up due to “issues”. (Agreed Axefx2 didn’t behave this way.)

I use the Pitch Follower to control the center frequency of a bandpass filter for "feedbacker" style and other effects. Sluggishness is definitely causing an issue, making it unusable. Not a problem with my II.

Back
Top Bottom