Wish Boss hm2

AxeFX IV...Cliff throws up his hands, gives you all the "choices" of a Line6 Spyder and rides off into the sunset mumbling under his breath like a pissed off Yosemite Sam....
I guess I've got old man syndrome...when I started playing in the mid 70's your local music store had Gibson and Fender and then the rest of the stuff you could afford but needed a C-Clamp to get the strings to the frets. Now mommy and daddy buy the 14 year old an American Strat and a JCM-800 half stack to "get them started"...
Cliff, you keep giving and I'll keep saying thank you...or I could submit a list of 1000 songs with the exact second marked that I want that sound perfectly replicated and stomp my feet till you give it to me!
How about a Teisco Del-Ray through a cranked Kay Vanguard 705??

Last edited:
How about a Teisco Del-Ray through a cranked Kay Vanguard 705??
Oh, God! Flashback city! My first rig was a Tiesco Del Ray through a Kalamazoo Model 1.

The Del Ray was fancy but crude. Full of gimmicks. Surprisingly comfortable to play, with the most horrible pickups I've ever experienced. I needed a cranked boost pedal to get the output level to match a Fender anything. And you could yell into the pickups and hear your voice coming through the amp. The whammy bar could only change the pitch of the strings by about 20 cents either way.

1666767792391.png

1666767984146.png

Oh, God! Flashback city! My first rig was a Tiesco Del Ray through a Kalamazoo Model 1.

The Del Ray was fancy but crude. Full of gimmicks. Surprisingly comfortable to play, with the most horrible pickups I've ever experienced. I needed a cranked boost pedal to get the output level to match a Fender anything. And you could yell into the pickups and hear your voice coming through the amp. The whammy bar could only change the pitch of the strings by about 20 cents either way.

View attachment 110347

View attachment 110348
Then I "upgraded" to a Vox Hurricane ($700-$900 on Reverb now) through a Barcus-Berry XL-8 with a EHX LPB-1 ($150-$200 on Reverb now) at the input! Dumbest move I ever made...Traded a 1976 Silverface Deluxe Reverb that I got for $200 for a Peavey Classic VT...because I wanted distortion and the built in Phaser! DO NOT do price comparison on Reverb for those, I throw up in my mouth a little every time.

Reactions: Rex
Then I "upgraded" to a Vox Hurricane ($700-$900 on Reverb now) through a Barcus-Berry XL-8 with a EHX LPB-1 ($150-$200 on Reverb now) at the input! Dumbest move I ever made...Traded a 1976 Silverface Deluxe Reverb that I got for $200 for a Peavey Classic VT...because I wanted distortion and the built in Phaser! DO NOT do price comparison on Reverb for those, I throw up in my mouth a little every time.
Damn. Have we lived parallel lives, or what? I traded a silverface Dual Showman head for a Peavey Triumph. Don’t do a Reverb price comparison on that, either. :(

Damn. Have we lived parallel lives, or what? I traded a silverface Dual Showman head for a Peavey Triumph. Don’t do a Reverb price comparison on that, either. :(
I had a Triumph 120 for years...so you have back problem too I suppose. Ever been a heavy combo made??

Once a year or so I will bump an HM-2 thread. There is just something on the HM-2 pedal when all things are dimed that just can’t be replicated by non HM-2 designed pedals. There are a lot of great clones, so it wouldn’t hurt my feelings if they had a mode button for the various variations of HM-2 clones. I always run mine into a semi dirty 800 2204 to get amazing result.If fractal wanted to blow my mind they would have the smart cab with the clayman mic setup. Hey fractal, if you need me to send you a HM-2 to do the voodoo you do I will gladly send you mine! 😀.

Back
Top Bottom