Wish Boss hm2

My name is mud

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
asked many times by many users over the years specially for the « chainsaw sound » with all the controls at max.

ICs, transistors and diodes used in the HM-2:

• IC1-IC3: M5218L or NJM4558S (dual operational amplifiers)
  • Q1,Q4,Q5,Q10: 2SK30A-Y (N-channel JFET transistors)
  • Q2,Q3: 2SC732TM-GR (NPN silicon transistors)
  • Q8,Q9: 2SC945-P (NPN silicon transistors)
  • Q6: 2SC2240-GR (NPN silicon transistor)
  • Q7: 2SA970-GR (PNP silicon transistor)
  • D1,D3,D5,D8-D12: 1S2473 (switching diodes)
  • D2: S5500G (400V/1A rectifier diode)
  • D6,D7: 1S188FM (Germanium diodes)
  • D13: RD5.1EB-3 (5.1V Zener diode)
  • D14: SLP135B (red LED)

Here is the wiring diagram
Thank you.
BDE05ACB-36EE-4619-8429-F4D65B3226AC.png

Last edited:
+1

I was just going to request this myself. Boss is releasing a new version, the HM-2w, in August because of popular demand. I have one on pre-order but would rather save the $180 and use a Fractal version instead.

Ola's video of the new HM-2 has nearly a quarter million views since April; it's one of his most-viewed videos this year. Just shows how popular this pedal is...

Last edited:
There is a member on here who has a series called the chain saw files who got the HM2 EQ on the axe 3. Google it and you will be able to find it. BUT an official model would be sick.

Unfortunately we can't exactly replicate the drive block settings in this video since the drive block overhaul. And I lack the knowledge to convert it to the new drive block. But honestly, just copying the EQ settings and putting any high gain drive model in front of it gets you in the ball park.

I m not interested in tweaks and « approach » . having the real model in the box is way more cool . So we will not have pedals and amps anymore? if the answers are “to do it by ears”🙄 . What the point having 300 amps models if 10 models with a eq block cover them all (following your ideas) ?

Last edited:
I m not interested in tweaks and « approach » . having the real model in the box is way more cool . So we will not have pedals and amps anymore? if the answers are “to do it by ears”🙄 . What the point having 300 amps models if 10 models with a eq block cover them all (following your ideas) ?
What's the point of having a tons of models of every type when people just have to have ones that aren't in there (yet) anyway?

What's the point of having a tons of models of every type when people just have to have ones that aren't in there (yet) anyway?

same reason some people pay $100 for a tshirt with a designer label even when the exact same shirt sans label is $8.99...

all comes back to using ears not eyes, but many need to have it say the right thing on a lcd screen to sound “right”.

Some people won’t use an Axe even if it sounds the same because they want bragging rights etc that comes with owning a real rare amp, magically makes it sound better. Silly bit it happens....

Likewise, some people with a modeler need to have it say something is specific to feel they “own” the “real” thing. Silly but playing with their eyes makes them happy...

for others, it’s about basically wanting to turn a knob a have the tone in their head right there, no editing, no work, just instant rock star setting

last but not least, we always just seem to want what we don’t have...

give my dogs a bone, one still wants the bone our other dog has, just because someone else has it lol

Wow, even Ola himself said just what I was thinking when he said, "Oh I know some people will think, "Oh this is a shitty sound." No."
Yes.
I'll see myself out. Don't. I don't need help. Thank you.

While I'm all about new goodies being added to the box, I have to say I find really funny the "need" for certain item specifically added in order to achieve certain sounds, in this case the "Chainsaw sound" when there's plenty of options already ITB. The "I don't care if I can use another box instead, I don't wanna tweak. I NEED the modeled brand/pedal added" approach leaves me rather SMH. I mean, look at the WAH block, that thing is a customizable monster, yet, I don't recall any single wish for adding a JP95, Cantrell Wah, Wylde, Hammett etc... and people are happy tweaking to their liking.

If Cliff takes note and wishes to add it it's totally cool and I might be the first to nose dive into it as soon as the update is posted, but we just have to take a look at the Klon thread to see how much sense of entitlement people seems to have even when The Man already has shown interest yet making no promises.

If I had my way there would be only FAS models but too many people demand reproductions of existing amps.

;)

Back
Top Bottom