Wish Boss hm2

While I'm all about new goodies being added to the box, I have to say I find really funny the "need" for certain item specifically added in order to achieve certain sounds, in this case the "Chainsaw sound" when there's plenty of options already ITB. The "I don't care if I can use another box instead, I don't wanna tweak. I NEED the modeled brand/pedal added" approach leaves me rather SMH. I mean, look at the WAH block, that thing is a customizable monster, yet, I don't recall any single wish for adding a JP95, Cantrell Wah, Wylde, Hammett etc... and people are happy tweaking to their liking.

If Cliff takes note and wishes to add it it's totally cool and I might be the first to nose dive into it as soon as the update is posted, but we just have to take a look at the Klon thread to see how much sense of entitlement people seems to have even when The Man already has shown interest yet making no promises.
I already spent tons of hours tweaking and finding artist tones by ears with this product ….. but sometimes it’s cool to have the block . That’s not a big debate hm . There is a wish section where you can ask for amps and pedals … I don’t know how many time it takes to model a pedal , but if it can do it fast many guys will be happy …. So why we have the precision drive etc etc .

@Ghast no i was joking

the axe fx IS a collection of real products in a box, that’s why we bought it … it’s not only a tweak factory.

Last edited:
@FractalAudio in 16.06
666 !
Thank you Cliff you RULE !

this is a moment of history of death metal, not for everyone ears . When metal was ugly, violent, disturbing …. When it was metal so. And not an « happy tolerant product » like nowadays bands

2017 ??? It's a "nowadays band"...

Nothing new...Entombed´s Left Hand Path sound with Obituary's voice....

Metal was ugly, violent, disturbing in the 80's....only.

Allez, Viva Italia (this evening ;-)) !

+1

I was just going to request this myself. Boss is releasing a new version, the HM-2w, in August because of popular demand. I have one on pre-order but would rather save the $180 and use a Fractal version instead.

Ola's video of the new HM-2 has nearly a quarter million views since April; it's one of his most-viewed videos this year. Just shows how popular this pedal is...

I put in a wish for the HM 2 January 2020. I have used the Hm 2 since it first came out love that pedal along with the DD 2 delay.
Because we are building our new house I have not been able to work on trying to replicate there sound Living in a 5th wheel. Walls to the new house started going up today :D

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...eavy-metal-hm-2-compression-sustainer.157870/

Lets jump on the bandwagon......please please HM2. I have a Japanese one and an Abominable Electronics clone (which I love) so I guess I am set but it would be awesome to hear what Fractal could do....especially with "ideal" tweaks like what Abominable did (blend, a special nastier boost, tone shift controls, etc).

I’ve had a Boss Hm 2 since it was released and still use it. I really dig it and it has been being used regularly for over 30+ years.
I know I’ll never sell it. :)

I have a Fake Boss HM-2 Patch that I made for my Axe-FX III. You can get pretty close, but you'll always miss the internal feedback it causes. No nasty squealing, so it always sounds kinda weak.

Back
Top Bottom