BlueAmps Cabinets

It's interesting that the rack is wider than the cab. Watch the placement of the rack because at volume the vibration of the cab might cause the rack to shift and drop. Maybe some sort of shim under the rack would help.
The Rack is not made to store it on top of the cab. I only placed it on top for the photo.
My Axe with it’s Rack sits always on the Rack Stand with my Notebook on top.

@Sashman just wondering when you are creating presets with the Cubo , do you need to adjust those if you run through Foh? Eq wise?
cheers

@Sashman just wondering when you are creating presets with the Cubo , do you need to adjust those if you run through Foh? Eq wise?
cheers
Hi Dieter,
It clearly depends on the volume.
My take here is the optional EQ from the Cubo.
When I play with higher volume the EQ always is at noon.
And when I play at home or lower volume rise treble, bass and mids.
This translates very well to my really flat headphones (Ollo Audio) and FOH.
No need to adjust the presets. I dial in all my presets at gig/rehearsal volume and then at home I do use the Cubo EQ.

Or reposition the feet on the rack a little bit.
Everything is possible, Blueamps is a custom shop and Marco will do what ever you want.
In my case the feet are mounted together with the screw from the protective corners.
I really like that because you won’t have to drill another hole into the case/tolex.

It's interesting that the rack is wider than the cab. Watch the placement of the rack because at volume the vibration of the cab might cause the rack to shift and drop. Maybe some sort of shim under the rack would help.

Yes I agree they should have recessed the feet a little more from the sides.

And I'm getting pretty interested in these. I'm thinking about three of them...

But I think I'd like them physically a little bigger than yours are @Sashman just for aesthetics in my space.

And I'm getting pretty interested in these. I'm thinking about three of them...

But I think I'd like them physically a little bigger than yours are @Sashman just for aesthetics in my space.
The Cubo EX is double the size.
But you can ask Marco, I’m pretty shure he can do any size you want as a custom option.
He also can do 2x12 cabs etc.

Just to clarify, they are not made to put a Axe or 19 rack on them, I just did that for the photo.
And yes it would aesthetically better if the had the same size like the rack case but I don’t use them like that.
This is my preferred setup:
IMG_9415.jpeg
I use them at gigs and rehearsals as well and they do feel and sound absolutely stunning.

Last edited:
The Cubo EX is double the size.
But you can ask Marco, I’m pretty shure he can do any size you want as a custom option.
He also can do 2x12 cabs etc.

Just to clarify, they are not made to put a Axe or 19 rack on them, I just did that for the photo.
And yes it would aesthetically better if the had the same size like the rack case but I don’t use them like that.
This is my preferred setup:
View attachment 124435
I use them at gigs and rehearsals as well and they do feel and sound absolutely stunning.

Cool thanks. I am looking at the Cubo EX and the Mimic 1x12. I'll ask about them and see what he thinks.

The CUBO is at home well set on the MIMIC 112!

Today I have 3 solutions to amplify the FM9 :
the MIMIC 112 alone or coupled with the CAB HB F12-X200 / mono or Stereo
the GSS amplifier coupled with the CAB HB F12-X200 /mono
The CUBO / dual mono or Stereo
We could imagine a WetDryWet with MIMIC in dry Mono and the CUBO in WET-WET stereo ..... not sure to test this thing!

Attachments

• _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Camera_IMG_20230818_143609.jpg
    _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Camera_IMG_20230818_143609.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 48

We could imagine a WetDryWet with MIMIC in dry Mono and the CUBO in WET-WET stereo ..... not sure to test this thing!
And how do you like the Cubo?

And how do you like the Cubo?
Hard to say at the moment, I only tested it at low volume. I find the sound reproduction good, quite punchy.
Compared to the MIMIC on the sound reproduction, no big difference, it would be necessary to see at a higher volume

Hello, a quick shout out for a tonal comparison of the CUBO and my pair of Celestion F12-X200s.
Here is the wiring:
OUT1(Copy L->R) => GSS AMP dual 100W/8=> Dual CAB F12-X200
OUT2(Copy L->R) => CUBO
Video/audio recording with a ZOOM Q2n
The video has been recompressed with Handbrake in mp4 without additional sound compression (passthru)
I did not try to make a comparison of acoustic power even less to do any measurement, just a comparison of the tonal rendering of the 2 systems by ear.

=> Video YT

=> Video Google Drive

Attachments

• Capture 1.JPG
    Capture 1.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Capture 2.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Capture 3.JPG
    Capture 3.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

I sold the MIMIC 112 Special, because it was too heavy for my old back.....after carrying it for a set I realized that I had underestimated the weight.....
Too bad because it was a very good solution for me.

This is a custom version which includes a stereo amplifier. one of the 2 stereo channels was routed to a power output which allows me to add a passive CAB to gain power and/or play in stereo.
I kept the CUBO which fits my back well and does the job too.
I also kept my 2 CABs mounted with Celestion F12-X200 because it's very modular

Back
Top Bottom