BlueAmps Cabinets

Gravy412

Is anyone using Blue cabinets?
I m looking at powered cabinets, a travel rig.
Any recommendations on powered 1x12 or 2x12?

I looked at the FRFR range from blueamp, the products seem to be of such high quality, do you know what HP is used in the CUBO ?

I don’t know what HP means?
Yes - SUPER high quality and I think most of not all parts are from Germany and pretty eco friendly which is cool. Built like a tank, and most importantly sounds amazing. My search is over for sure

I don’t know what HP means?
Yes - SUPER high quality and I think most of not all parts are from Germany and pretty eco friendly which is cool. Built like a tank, and most importantly sounds amazing. My search is over for sure
Sorry , loud Speaker ?

Not sure what’s in there but it sounds great. You can email Marco directly off his website - he’s great to work with.
Yeah lefty - ain’t easy finding guitars!

These look great. The Cubo is super cute. I'd love to know what power amp he's using in there. Some sort of plate amp? I wonder if it's his own amp design or off the shelf 🤔

Last edited:
They make plenty of low end? I haven’t had a chance to try any FR cab other than the usual 12”. Great looking cab!
Thank you!

Yes. The low end is great. But it depends on the construction of the speaker. There are some boomy 8" speakers on the market. And of course a lot of 8" speakers without a low end. The Cubo's low end is 50 Hz -6 dB, but without that boomy-ness.

Thank you!

Yes. The low end is great. But it depends on the construction of the speaker. There are some boomy 8" speakers on the market. And of course a lot of 8" speakers without a low end. The Cubo's low end is 50 Hz -6 dB, but without that boomy-ness.
It's a great size for a grab-and-go cabinet.

I had a pair of the ELIS.8 cabs, and loved the sound of their 8" coaxial speakers, but the tip-back angle didn't work for me on tight stages. Your design could work well for what I'm looking for.

Is there a U.S. distributor or can we order direct?

Thank you!

Just had a look at your site. Really nice work. I see you’re using 6.5” speakers too! Your cabs are seriously light weight.

Have you tested this speaker in a live context or in rehearsal? I'm still looking for the best ratio between weight / acoustic power and modularity, I'm looking for the holy grail!

It's a great size for a grab-and-go cabinet.

I had a pair of the ELIS.8 cabs, and loved the sound of their 8" coaxial speakers, but the tip-back angle didn't work for me on tight stages. Your design could work well for what I'm looking for.

Is there a U.S. distributor or can we order direct?
Sorry, we don't have any distributors. We are a custom shop. The customers choose tolex, grill cloth and more options. We have an online-shop with a configurator, but it's in german only. You guys in the U.S. can order via email.

Have you tested this speaker in a live context or in rehearsal? I'm still looking for the best ratio between weight / acoustic power and modularity, I'm looking for the holy grail!
I did. I played some rehearsal with just one Cubo. If you don't have a very loud drummer and the cab is angled or standing on a desk, just one Cubo is loud enough. One Cubo is as loud as a 1x12" cab. For louder stuff you probably need 2 of them or the new Cubo EX, which is another frfr cab with 4x8". Like the doubled Cubo and as loud as a 2x12".

Back
Top Bottom