BlueAmps Cabinets

Dear @Sashman
Will you add some videos? Would be great to get an impression how it sounds with clean and distortion... Thanks in advance.
I will definitely add some videos, hopefully tomorrow.

Edit:

I tried to record something today but there were so many room reflections and furniture rattling that I decided to find another solution to record a video.

After I played a few riffs I went out with the dog and I noticed that my neighbors across the street two houses on the right are sitting in their front door.
When I walked with the dog along the street, they said:“ Hey you are playing guitar, why did you stopped?“
I took this as a compliment for the Blue Amp cabs and for me.

Last edited:
As I promised, here are the first Pictures.
My two Cubos arrived today.
First thing I can say is that the build quality is 12 out of 10!
I will do some videos later for you guys but my daughter is ill and needs some attention and sleep.
View attachment 122837View attachment 122835View attachment 122836View attachment 122839View attachment 122840View attachment 122841
I'm trying to figure out a few details and what the total cost with delivery would be to Canada.
Just to clarify, Is one a "Cubo EX" active and the other a "Cubo" passive? Or are both Cubo's one active and one passive?
Do you have to explicitly specify if you want the EQ or is it only certain models that don't have it?

To others who have both,
How do they compare in sound to the EV PXM-12MP?

Man, the more I look into these the more impressed I am. I love the logo too...it literally screams class to me.

I'm trying to figure out a few details and what the total cost with delivery would be to Canada.
Just to clarify, Is one a "Cubo EX" active and the other a "Cubo" passive? Or are both Cubo's one active and one passive?
Do you have to explicitly specify if you want the EQ or is it only certain models that don't have it?

To others who have both,
How do they compare in sound to the EV PXM-12MP?
I do have two Cubo, both are active.
With the Cubo it is not possible that the active is powering the passive one, according to Marco it is possible to do that but you will have less power than two active ones and the cost‘s are nearly equal so won’t have any benefits of that.
The three Band EQ is optimal and you can ad them to (I think) any (powered) cab. I find them very usefull by the way!
And yo do have hundreds of possible Tolex and Grillcloth combinations for free.
You can also choose which handle etc. you want.
When it come to the final costs, you should contact Marco but maybe @Gitarrenschlumpf he can chime in.

I did order a matching Rack from Marco for my AxeIII.

Thanks to Sascha! Shipping to Canada via DHL is 142,99 EUR for a Cubo and 207,99 EUR for the larger Cubo EX. I know, it´s a lot, but these are the prices DHL gives me. :/
Everything I can say is that the packaging was second to none when I received my two Cubos. And they are absolutely worth the shipping and packaging.

I will hopefully posting some clips soon.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

here are finally some clips.
Have fun, I attached the presets as well.
Please keep in mind, that you probably have to reduce the high cut in the cab block because it was diald in at very high volume:
Everything is recorded with an Iphone 13 (yeah I know, maybe not the optimal solution but the best I can use actually and maybe any othe microphone would have a bigger impact on the tone)
Please excuse that the video is not recorded horizontally, I had to do it that way because of the microphone position on the phone.

I have listen to both the recording and the youtube clips and yes there is a significant loss in quality, so please keep that in mind.

Guitar is a Fender CS Stratocater with a Pearly Gates Humbucker in the bridge and Poblano Singlecoils in neck an middle position.

The next three clips are all the Friedman Dirty Shirley with the Friedman Dyna Cab, boosted, with Hardfuzz in front and almost clean.

And here is my heavily EVH inspired Friedman HBE with the same Dyna Cab as the Dirty Shirley.

Attachments

• Sash's Dirty Shirley.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Sash's Eddified HBE.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
It's difficult for me to tell from the recordings... Is there much thump or bass? Do you feel that it is comparable to a CLR?

There is more thumb and bass you will need, I have a low cut at 80 and the bass from the cab equalizer is at noon.
Walls shaking her it was almost not possible to do a video because of all the rattling in the furniture next room.
This sounds like a great cab. Thanks for all of the information about it.

@Sashman

Does your rack case include front and back covers? It looks really sturdy. Does it weigh a lot?
No, no front or back covers but I think Marco could maybe do this as an option.
I didn’t need any covers for year even on gigs etc. (they always laying around and people stepping and/or falling over them.
It’s really lightweight and doesn’t weight that much which does make it easy to carry around.
And yes it’s sturdy too.

Back
Top Bottom