BlueAmps Cabinets

Hey guys,
Marco did sent me his own Cubo Cab to test it.
What should I say, it’s really amazing.
I did a short Video, a longer Video is possible if someone is interested.
This is the Cubo in stereo mode, recorded with an I Phone 13 around 2,5 meters away from the speaker.
The Preset is a Friedman HBE with the Friedman Dyna Cab and heavily EVH inspired.
I can share the preset as well if someone is interested.

How did I like the cab?
Short answer, I‘m going to order two Cubos. \m/

Edit:
I did another short Video on higher volume

Last edited:
I just ordered a Cubo-EX with 3-band-eq and tiltback legs (stereo with 4x 8" speakers, 19 kg!!! )
332181574_579089600604713_5479583654297575002_n.jpg

A Blueamps Spark was the first very good sounding FRFR-Box for me.
And: Marco Wendel from Blueamps has a lot of experience as a professionell musician and is a very nice and generous person.
My Cubo-Ex will have this look (lots of custom options without extra paying). A lot of anticipation here!
1685861129240.png

Last edited:
I just ordered a Cubo-EX with 3-band-eq and tiltback legs (stereo with 4x 8" speakers, 19 kg!!! )
332181574_579089600604713_5479583654297575002_n.jpg

A Blueamps Spark was the first very good sounding FRFR-Box for me.
And: Marco Wendel from Blueamps has a lot of experience as a professionell musician and is a very nice and generous person.
My Cubo-Ex will have this look (lots of custom options without extra paying). A lot of anticipation here!
View attachment 121713
The Cubo EX is killer!
I‘m going for two Cubos, so I have the opportunity to stack them.
First I thought I will go with two Cubo EX but according to Marco that would be absolutely mayhem, because they would be to loud!
And after trying a single Cubo I absolutely agree.
I ordered my two Cubos with the Bogner Comet Tolex and the gold grill cloth just like the Junior in this photo
IMG_8577.jpeg

Last edited:
The Cubo EX is killer!
I‘m going for two Cubos, so I have the opportunity to stack them.
First I thought I will go with two Cubo EX but according to Marco that would be absolutely mayhem!
And after trying a single Cubo I absolutely agree.
I ordered my two Cubos with the Bogner Comet Tolex and the gold grill cloth just like the Junior in this photo
View attachment 121715
Mayhem as in too loud?
Some other problem?

just got my Cube last week as well. Unfortunately I bought one without the EQ on the amp panel. So in my opinion it sounds good, but I needs some output eq tweaking to sound a little bit brighter.

Mine will be with EQ, finger crossed...
Mine too. The Testcab had the EQ and I found it very usefull.
Of course you can adjust your presets, I will definitely do that but a EQ does make it easier to adjust the Cabs to different locations m, venue’s etc.

What I immediately recognized was that I dialed in the Amps in the Axe almost exactly to the original amps.

Mine too. The Testcab had the EQ and I found it very usefull.
Of course you can adjust your presets, I will definitely do that but a EQ does make it easier to adjust the Cabs to different locations m, venue’s etc.

What I immediately recognized was that I dialed in the Amps in the Axe almost exactly to the original amps.
@Sashman - how does it compare to the Redsound cabs?

@Sashman - how does it compare to the Redsound cabs?
I ordered two of them for some reasons.
Yes I do like them better than the RedSound, I have nothing bad to say about the RedSounds they are still amazing.
To me the Blueamps Cubo does sound more neutral and it doesn’t have that mid bump from the Elis 8.
When I compare them to the MF10 the sound is wider with more highs the MF10 are darker.
And with the two Cubos that I ordered, I will have four 8 Speakers against zwo 10 speakers.
Sontheim sound is fuller and bigger.

But…I still like that the MF10 is angled and that you can tilt back the Elis 8. I also found really usefull that you can power a second passive cab with a active RedSound speaker.
This is not possible with the Cubo.
But there are other Speakers in the Blueamps Range that can actually power a second passive speaker.

I ordered two of them for some reasons.
Yes I do like them better than the RedSound, I have nothing bad to say about the RedSounds they are still amazing.
To me the Blueamps Cubo does sound more neutral and it doesn’t have that mid bump from the Elis 8.
When I compare them to the MF10 the sound is wider with more highs the MF10 are darker.
And with the two Cubos that I ordered, I will have four 8 Speakers against zwo 10 speakers.
Sontheim sound is fuller and bigger.

But…I still like that the MF10 is angled and that you can tilt back the Elis 8. I also found really usefull that you can power a second passive cab with a active RedSound speaker.
This is not possible with the Cubo.
But there are other Speakers in the Blueamps Range that can actually power a second passive speaker.
Thanks for that @Sashman

I‘m still struggling to do some videos, I’m trying to find a good way to record a proper video but if that’s not possible I will share a in the room video done with an IPhone, like the first one.

After some intense testing, here are my first thoughts.
Two Cubos are loud, seriously loud! Louder and wider sounding than a 2x12.
These really pushing some air.
The (optimal) three band eq is more than helpfully, it’s a must have for me.
I always dial in my presets at gig volume. The Eq really helps to adjust the sound at home or at other locations without changing the presets.
I do prefer the cabs In their horizontal positions that results in a wide sound stage.

Oh my neighbors hate me right now.
Videos following…

Back
Top Bottom