BJ Devices TB-12 Review

Ugh, I updated, and now I'm messed up. The presets quickly flip to the correct one, but then back into some other preset. The TB12 shows preset number correctly, like it is choosing the correct one, but Axe jumps around.

Edit: Aha, I had midi channels 1 and 1 active, so it was seding confusing messages to Axe.

I don't know, but now you can assign tempo to blink on any led. Also there's a function "tap toggle", but I don't know what it does.

Oh, OK! I just looked bj devices page and saw, that the update seems to be 2.0, that i already have been running some time. It's a ok update. My controllers screen just flickers in this update. It seems, that it can't be fixed. I contacted Sergei about the bug awhile ago. He was friendly and helpful and offered me couple of fixed updates (2.02...etc), but the problem never got fixed. But everything else works great. So it's just a minor bug.

New version will available soon. Some minor bugs fixed, fut flickering still not completely removed. If TAP enabled on screen, some flickering is possible, but if TAP shown on LED flickering is gone... I wait some info about Axe Fx XL SysEx changes to implement XL support and upload new firmware on website.

Last edited:
Unfortunately we still have no info about XL... so I have uploaded firmware version 2.2, which is contain some bugs fixing, but not XL supported

Hi!
I have updated my tb12 firmware to version 2.2. I have couple guestions to ask.

1. The screen still flickers, even thought I have set the TAP tempo to show on LED. I thought, that this firmware should have fixed this issue?

2. I'd like to use the shift function, but I don't know how do I program the IA switches when the shift function is on. Here is an example. Sw1 is a preset switch in normal mode. How can I change it to something else, when I'm on shift mode?

Thanks.!

I have only my internal release notes... I think I will translate it on English and add to zip in the next release.
I notice the firmware is up to 2.2. It would be good if you could update the manual as well as provide a changelog at some point.

Hi!
I have updated my tb12 firmware to version 2.2. I have couple guestions to ask.

1. The screen still flickers, even thought I have set the TAP tempo to show on LED. I thought, that this firmware should have fixed this issue?

2. I'd like to use the shift function, but I don't know how do I program the IA switches when the shift function is on. Here is an example. Sw1 is a preset switch in normal mode. How can I change it to something else, when I'm on shift mode?

Thanks.!

It took me a while to figure this out as well as many emails between Sergei and I. What you do is program the IA first, save it, then program the PC over it and save it and it should change when you're in SHIFT mode.

Reactions: DTS
Thanks a lot Jbmetal. I could never figure that out and the manual doesn't have any info about this.

I'm having a little bit of a problem now. I'm using the MIDI in from the Axe, but my IA states are not being read. When I recal a preset or different scene, the IA states are wrong. I have no idea how to fix this. All other communications received from the Axe are fine and dandy.

Back
Top Bottom