BJ Devices TB-12 Review

Sorry for confusion. Xavier calls it "KeypadMode". KeyPad mode is part of Gordius on-board commands. The reference for Gordius commands is chapter 10 and starts on page 105 of the manual for Little Giant 2, firmware version 3.0 or higher.

Here is how Xavier described KeypadMode:
Another type of “Direct Select” is the “Direct ProgChange” mode or “Keypad mode”. In this mode, you type a 3-digit ProgChange number, and right after that the according ProgamChange MIDI message is transmitted. This means you have random access to any sound of a sound module or any patch in an effects controller.

The specific page for KeypadMode is chapter 10.13 on page 125. Instant random access to any patch, bank, song or preset was a feature I requested, and Xavier coded and released it in about 24 hours. It's the reason I bought the LG because stepping up/down through presets, banks of presets, etc. doesn't work for me.

I need instant and random access to any song set up in my show because it's a request-based show. I've set up the LG with a conventional bank for just acoustic guitar presets. I've set up all the other banks so that a "song" is a bank. I punch in the bank number using KeypadMode. That triggers a bank to load the switches with their assignments for that particular song (LG has 999 available banks I believe, maybe more). During this, the bank also sends a stream of midi commands: 1) goto the right Axe-Fx patch for the song, 2) cue up the right audio backing track file for the song, 3) zero out the mixing board sliders for vocal FX on the digital board, and finally 4) move those sliders so I have the right vocal FX and right amount of FX for the song.

This is done with industry standard midi. The mixing board sliders respond to midi pitch wheel command, which is part of industry standard midi remote control of digital mixing boards under the industry standard Mackie HUI mapping protocol. It's all basic midi. It's all industry standard midi that's been around forever. The problem with most midi foot controllers is they don't harness the full power of midi. The LG does. And it goes further with the strong set of Gordium-Specific on-board commands.

I hope that helps.
Thank I understand now. It is interesting feature, but unfortunately not available on our devices.
The key idea of TB series it the same functionality for each model. Direct Prog Change can be implemented on TB12 and TB-11P, but can't on TB-5, TB-6P and TB-8 models

I'm in early stages of developing new firmware for the Mark II MFCs.

I can't make any guarantees, but it looks like 8 pages of footswitches with up to 25 banks each of 10 patches. This means with a TB-12 you could have a page full of 12 banks that automatically also go to another page of patch numbers. So this way you can select any one of 120 patches with just 2 footswitch presses. If you use 2 bank pages, then you'd have this quick access to 240 patches.

Anyway, early days yet; be patient :)

New firmware release now avalble on bjdevices.com. Version 3.0 is designed from scratch, specially for MKII controllers. All customers who purchased MKII devices are encouraged to upgrade on this version. If you are the owner of the old controller, only one bank of settings will be available in the device, when upgrading to firmware 3.0, but all other functions will work just like on MK2.More details about the functionality of the new firmware version will be available some later, as we able to translate in on English.
http://bjdevices.com/wiki/doku.php?id=user_guide_en_gen_3

Hi !!
I wrote to sergei, but maybe someone knows , i got 2 questions :
I have an axe fx 2mk1, and a tb12.
Some of my switches are turning fx on/off, but if i turn an fx off, the light is off.
I thought there was another color, like yellow, that would say that the fx was present but turned off. Is that possible ?

Second question, if i have a 7 to 5 pin midi cable, do i need tonplug the adapter at the back of the axe fx, or will it be power by the axe itself, like the mfc101 ?
If so, rocktron make a cable like this, would it work ??

Thanks to all !

Hmm, could someone offer some pointers what to do, I switched my Axe2 for Axe3, and TB12 doesn't do anything now. What do I need to change in the TB12 or Axe? I used the GM arts firmware in the TB12.

My firmware supports the Axe-FX III, but I expect you'd need change your settings to suit your new Axe-FX.

Ah, Axe3 midi setup is basically empty by default, nothing is tied to anything like the Axe2 defaults. Solved!

Hi everyone!
I have spent many hours trying to configure the TB-8 with my Axe Fx II, but I can't get it. First, I must say my b2 in English makes me miss some explanations in the manual..
I already know the basic midi function between the tb8 and the axe and I've been able to configure 2 buttons. 1 up bank a 2 down bank..
Now, what I need is to press button 3 and select scene 2, press 4 and select scene 3 and so on...
I know it's possible because I've read old posts and I've seen that is one of the great features of the TBs with the axe but it's a mistery for me 😭
Can anybody gently help me, please?
Many thanks in advance

Hi everyone!
I have spent many hours trying to configure the TB-8 with my Axe Fx II, but I can't get it. First, I must say my b2 in English makes me miss some explanations in the manual..
I already know the basic midi function between the tb8 and the axe and I've been able to configure 2 buttons. 1 up bank a 2 down bank..
Now, what I need is to press button 3 and select scene 2, press 4 and select scene 3 and so on...
I know it's possible because I've read old posts and I've seen that is one of the great features of the TBs with the axe but it's a mistery for me 😭
Many thanks in advance

Get GMArts Firmware, so much better than the original firmware: http://www.gmarts.org/tb2/index.php
And with the included editor, it is so much simpler to program

Hi everyone!
Many thanks in advance
What is firmware version?

Hello!
I tried to install the Gmarts firmware but after installing it appears "please load v5.02 settings" and the controller was stuck, so installed the last version 3.1.
I'm still lost.. my goal is to assign scenes to buttons.

Hello!
I tried to install the Gmarts firmware but after installing it appears "please load v5.02 settings" and the controller was stuck, so installed the last version 3.1.
I'm still lost.. my goal is to assign scenes to buttons.
First - after you install version 3.1 you should reset all settings. Then go to Buttons Setup, select nesseasy button, set type CCC, number 34 and value which will scene number minus 1 . For example for scene 1 set CC number 34 and value 0, for scene 2 CC number 34 and value 1 and so on. Please contact me directly on Facebook or email info@bjdevices.com if you will have any problems with settings

Back
Top Bottom