BigBox librarys OUT NOW!

Hey Andy, AZG sums up my MO perfectly, I'm thrilled with Bronze. With that MO in mind, what are the advantages of going Platinum?

I bought Bronze because I was really interested in a more Kemper like experience of loading a well tweaked preset/cab and playing, with the added bonus of being able to tweak the model however I want since it is not just a snapshot of an amp. I've only played around with the first one or two speakers presets, but so far I'm finding some really great tones, and all of them seem easily tweakable into something really nice.

So far, these presets set the bar for what presets should sound like IMO. Hopefully Fractal takes note and hires or contracts with someone to build factory presets this good. I think this would improve the company image (ease of use) and sales.

It would also be awesome if the Axe firmware could be upgraded to directly store this combine preset/cab format instead of having to store them separately as a preset and cab. I would happily give up a bank or two of presets for the option to store combined presets/cabs. Simpler to use and less chance of moving cabs around and screwing up presets.

Nice work Andy!

its very important though.. the amps have to be setup in a semi generic way, so fine tuning a CAB to work with the right amp is absolute needed for perfect results.. IMO! : )

Spot on Andy! Thank you for being the first to take the time and put forth the effort to do this ! I've thought this is a critical link for quite some time! So far no one else has even tried to address it ! The Amp/Cab match up will give users a much more accurate starting point ! Most don't have the Time ,Knowledge , or tools to do it ! Hoping to see the Amp/Cab matchup become the new standard for IR's!

Hey Andy, AZG sums up my MO perfectly, I'm thrilled with Bronze. With that MO in mind, what are the advantages of going Platinum?

Bronze is great for a Grab N Go toolset, and there is nothing wrong with that..a lot of guys really cant be bother, or don't even care about IR's mixing them, fiddling and what not. so this is a perfect solution to the problem. - everything is paired, matched setup for you. - you load and go!.

The advantages platinum has to offer are, the full set of IR's, full set of Mixes, TAF-Xchange keys to share the glory, free updates/IRs, Mixes/Recipes (see a few pages back I talked about what the plat/gold) options are going forwards.. its quite a big deal :)

Spot on Andy! Thank you for being the first to take the time and put forth the effort to do this ! I've thought this is a critical link for quite some time! So far no one else has even tried to address it ! The Amp/Cab match up will give users a much more accurate starting point ! Most don't have the Time ,Knowledge , or tools to do it ! Hoping to see the Amp/Cab matchup become the new standard for IR's!

I've bought several cab packs in the past and they mostly collect virtual dust. I just don't have the time or interest to sift through all the options and figure out what sounds good with what. The matched amp/cab presets in the bronze pack are completely different for me. Killer base tones I can quickly tweak, add/remove effects, scenes and other things to my liking and enjoy. Fractals factory presets should be this inspiring. Great job and well worth the price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Request: Andy, can you do us Plat guys a favor (actually Bronze as well)? Quite a few of the presets use the same cab mix. While going through all of them and actually saving presets we will keep having to look back in the User Cabs so as not to duplicate the cabs in the User area (and wasting space) during the save process. Maybe you can chart us a dummy-proof list of what Cab mix goes to what Preset to make it a bit easier when saving and not create duplicates. Just a thought, I'll keep grinding through it till then. Thank you in advance.

Edit: If I can complete this task I started, I can create a complete Bot backup for all the User Presets along with the associated User Cab backup in the Platinum Xchange if permissible. It'll take me a while though since there's some 484 presets to map. I've started mapping from User Cab U111 and about 1/8 done. I'm glad I got an XL+ now!

Last edited:
FYI Issue: Andy, 1) "TAF-[ACE]-British Beast" & "TAF-[ACE]-British Rock" are identical. 2) Both "TAF-[C12]-Born in the 70's" & "TAF-[C12]-Picking Time" use cab C12Mix6, should Picking use an unknown C12Mix7?

Last edited:
I noticed the placement of a rev block between the amp and cab block on some presets in addition to reverb at the end of the chain. What is the rationale for this placement?

Just bought the Bronze Package! Thanks very much for all the effort. Can't wait to start auditioningn and using these. Great tool to learn this amazing box quickly and have killer sounds.

@Savage1969, actually most of the cabs for the presets are all different mixes in one form or another. -some share the same IR's as I did a variation of that preset, i.e a rhythm sound, and lead sound. to showcase versatility..and the reason for doing 15 or so Presets per speaker was to showcase different IR & Mixes throughout.. so yes, some will share, some will vary slightly, its a real mixed bag.. - however, I cant tell you what they all are now. - it was a case of going through them at the preset creation and finding a solution to what really worked for me and the amp etc etc. I did properly document and rename all the files so you can understand what they all are.. and I spent a great deal of time on that, but then cablab and axefx rendered them unusable and it quickly turned into chaos sorry.

I noticed the placement of a rev block between the amp and cab block on some presets in addition to reverb at the end of the chain. What is the rationale for this placement?

What Pima said..sometimes the verb upfront it becomes more personal and part of the sound, the verb gets colored via the amp+cab, but is only really usable on a lower gain setting otherwise things get ugly. - For me, spring reverb never works digitally re-created. - because it always seems detached somehow. - take a real fender for example, the spring will be between the poweramp and preamp, so it fits, and really blends with the amp+tone. there is no way to re-create this on the axefx sadly!. (I wish there was). - so putting it up front is a little warmer and a bit different, depending on style :)

Bought the Bronze pack last night and man i thought it really sounded great. Alot of the presets really had a more realistic sound to them through my pair of qsc K12's. There was that unique "chirp" in the sound that I've been searching for. I definitely see these presets making me rethink my upcoming gigs. I only had an hour to play through a few but man most of them were awesome. And the ones that weren't, sounded good, but just wasn't' what i was going after last night. Cheers to Andy for putting these together and bringing some legit tones out of the Axe in a plug and play manner. It's roughly $50 US which is more expensive than other cab packs, but having the paired amp and cab combo is definitely worth the extra few dollars. I'm feigning to go home and try some more out. There is alot to demo!

Cheers!

I'm really looking forward to trying these!

Our bass player had a family emergency so we changed our upcoming shows to "unplugged" and I won't be using the Fractal rig :(

It is on my roadmap to purchase the Bronze and give it a real good go! (My original plan was to use some of these in a July 25th gig)

A question: Is there any difference between buying Platinum VS Bronze+Gold except the price which is 15£ more expensive for the platinum?
Can't see any difference in the contents of what I'm buying but maybe there's something i missed?
Is it the free updates for presets/recipes and access to platinum vs gold Xchange that is the difference?

I had this exact thought as well. I pulled the trigger on the Bronze yesterday since Andy said he would offer upgrade paths on request and I had faith in that, and wanted to start digging in right away. The 'collector' in me wants 'everything' (i.e. the platinum bundle) but that 1.5 dollar/pound exchange rate put it well outside the impulse purchase range in spite of the massive amount of content.

@Savage1969, actually most of the cabs for the presets are all different mixes in one form or another. -some share the same IR's as I did a variation of that preset, i.e a rhythm sound, and lead sound. to showcase versatility..and the reason for doing 15 or so Presets per speaker was to showcase different IR & Mixes throughout.. so yes, some will share, some will vary slightly, its a real mixed bag.. - however, I cant tell you what they all are now. - it was a case of going through them at the preset creation and finding a solution to what really worked for me and the amp etc etc. I did properly document and rename all the files so you can understand what they all are.. and I spent a great deal of time on that, but then cablab and axefx rendered them unusable and it quickly turned into chaos sorry.
No worries, I have it about half worked out and should finish it all later tonight. I've found that out of all the presets I've processed so far, about 1/3 of the complete speaker sets use the same IR mix (e.g. the entire Blue series, EJ1250 series, EVH series, Gold series, LilTex series, Jack series, Smooth series, etc). These also have an odd naming convention (of that one IR mix) compared to those from the rest of the entire preset pack IR's being "(cab/speaker) - [1073] - [(mic)--mix". Can you disclose what the [1073] signifies?

Also, all of the presets I've processed so far (about 200) have the same exact cab block Cabinet page settings but can see where you've heavily tweaked each separate series' amp block Speaker page settings accordingly...smart move. With this method one could technically change the IR mix within the same speaker series and still be properly coupled to the amp block of the preset. In my opinion this is an area where the the Plat owners get additional benefit due to expanded flexibility regarding the preset's IR mix options that can be explored. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I figure the Speaker page of the amp block is they key to where you laid down your tweaks from your "mad scientist" measurements.

Regards.

Last edited:
Ha, love the Mad Scientist statement.. that's sort of how I felt a lot of the time through this project! : )

Anwyay..to answer some of your questions..

When I had to rename them, I took the original "Mixed IR" recipes that I already converted from Cablab > axefx. and renamed them via AxeEdit. to something like.. TAF-2x12-BLUEMIX1, BLUEMIX2 etc etc they are the same speaker of course, just used different mics to change the sound of the presets, or to go for a different vibe all-together..
The ones I did not rename are the old format TAF-2x12-[1073]-etc, these were the original long names that had all the correct mic info so you all could see (and for myself to remember), that was my intention, but as you can see, its pretty useless as the chr length is not long enough, and when I had to rename them I had no idea what they were exactly hence why I had to rename them all to [speakername] MIX1, MIX2 etc... the existing ones are the ones I obv forgot to rename.

The 1073 prefix, would of actually been on everything.as that was a crucial part of the design of the recipes. - I took a snapsnot of my entire recording chain, from the Pre through to my tube H/W and old Analog circuits, just as a "what if I did this.. or tried this" set of IR's - then I captured everything with a complete (flat as I could) Pre, and then mixed in the physical recording chain via IR's (that the Gold+Plat) guys can discover.

And the thought about the speaker page is indeed trivial to the sound of the patch matched with speaker. - the CAB block is set to a modest rolloff, but left that pretty standard across everything, so if you chose a different cab, (of the same group/speaker type) it just gave you extra options. - Plus to be fair.. all the work as you said was indeed in the Speaker tab & recipes. the rest is the basic amp setup and fine tuning.

Hopefully that's the questions answered : )

Back
Top Bottom