BigBox librarys OUT NOW!

Andy, quick question for you...

Went through the process of importing all of the Bundle Presets to my XL since so many of them are just that great.

I made a backup of the 4 banks and user cabs from that effort so I can load/unload them quickly in the future.

With TAF-XChange platinum, can I create a zip and post on platinum exchange so other XL (and I believe XL+) users could leverage if they wish rather than importing one at a time?

Just want to make sure that's inline with acceptable use of the exchange prior to posting.

Cheers,
Jason

Heya jjozwia, as a platinum user you can do as you wish to other platinum users. - they can either use your file or not. so its fine. -the idea of the Xchange is so you can share anything with them that includes the contents of the "platinum" bundle, so I say go for it" :)

Heya jjozwia, as a platinum user you can do as you wish to other platinum users. - they can either use your file or not. so its fine. -the idea of the Xchange is so you can share anything with them that includes the contents of the "platinum" bundle, so I say go for it" :)

Awesome, many thanks!

I just want to chip in and say a big thanks for creating these preset bundles, just purchased Bronze and was really impressed, saved me a load of time when building tones for an upcoming session.
All the tones I tried sounded great and gig-ready without any tweaking. Excellent work!

I did some preset testing today and started with the JCM800 presets. I did a quick recording at home trying also my new Strat i bought a few weeks ago - I'm still struggeling with this vintage `59 neck but it's getting better. Anyway I love this sound samples of Andy. The Presets are a good starting point as I can't play likt this guy at the samples I thought it's an godd idea for one of the Axe forum doing a sound sample. Unfortunatly the sample is about 3 minutes cause the playback I randomly took was so long and i don't know how to cut it short with Reaper as I never actually do the recording, but my singer is ill and I did it at home on my pc.

Everything of the preset is stock, except I put the reverb block which is between amp and cab after the cab as I like this for my playing better. So I did not tweak any knob and I changed only the posoition of the reverb block (London Plate). I used the preset "Bloozy" with the JCM800, can't remeber the speaker cab at the moment but it soundet really good in the mix. So as I said, this presets are a great starting point to make presets to perfectly suit you playing and guitar:

Last edited:
I bought the silver pack and used the MIX IR's. Spent about 3 hours trying out different speakers and mic mixes, and I came to the conclusion that the Ownhammer V3 mixes were smoother and easier to use. IMO Ownhammer IRs are still better.

@BlackBitch

Great stuff man, don't play yourself down you did great, and sound like you really got into the groove well, the 2nd half was more fluid that the first. but that's normal. its all good my friend!! : )

@Dapeegoo

No problem, OH it is for you then, I don't have a problem with this, its subjective so good luck, and thanks for trying anyway!.

If we buy the bronze can we upgrade to Platinum? Blown away by one of the demo presets but want to make sure many of the other presets are the right thing for me before I buy the platinum.

Mic + DI capture or another method entirely?

If we buy the bronze can we upgrade to Platinum? Blown away by one of the demo presets but want to make sure many of the other presets are the right thing for me before I buy the platinum.

Mic + DI capture or another method entirely?

Heya, sure we can always work things out, a few users have already taken the same path bronze to Platinum. - just use the contact page when the time is right and I can make a voucher for you to use.
No problems there & happy to help

All the best
A

hey andy, is your sample page all loaded up? when i get there it stalls on the g12-se samples. i dont know if its on my end.

hey andy, is your sample page all loaded up? when i get there it stalls on the g12-se samples. i dont know if its on my end.

Heya, yeah it does stop there currently, - our webguy is trying to trace a problem with a script error, - we have more done, but cant upload them yet. - apparently we need a server upgrade and a few other code elements to fall into place. - it will be fixed shortly.. sorry for the delay.

Finally had an opportunity to post these for those that are interested. Had to break up the zip into a few to stay within file size and attachment limits so make sure you grab all of them.

Cheers

Wrote a quick script to check for duplicate IRs within the BigBox Bundle Presets.

I just wanted to see what I could consolidate to clear up space for more IRs if needed and as Andy mentioned unfortunately the file names were truncated so many look identical while they are not.

On my machine, I have the entire TAF Bundle Presets offering loaded at this time as banks C, D, E, F and user cabs 1-484. I have these posted on the platinum TAF-XChange where you can download if you wish.

Posting this as hopefully will be useful to others, worst case you can at least see the Bundle Preset names that share identical IRs.
TAF-dedupped.xlsx

Cheers

wow, that's a lot of effort on your behalf, Im sure others will hopefully benifit from your work there. - I thank-you for taking the time to organize things!. - hwy, now you can sit back, play & enjoy! : )

Do the Bronze bundled presets work on AXE FX models I & II.
Thanks nickxmix

All the bundles work in all the versions of the Axe-Fx II (MkI, MkII, XL, XL+). None of them work in the Axe-Fx Standard or Axe-Fx Ultra (which one might call the Axe-Fx I series of processors, though they were never referred to as such).

thx a lot man, it was driving me crazy loading one by one presets and IRs, this made things so easy :)

Wrote a quick script to check for duplicate IRs within the BigBox Bundle Presets.

I just wanted to see what I could consolidate to clear up space for more IRs if needed and as Andy mentioned unfortunately the file names were truncated so many look identical while they are not.

On my machine, I have the entire TAF Bundle Presets offering loaded at this time as banks C, D, E, F and user cabs 1-484. I have these posted on the platinum TAF-XChange where you can download if you wish.

Posting this as hopefully will be useful to others, worst case you can at least see the Bundle Preset names that share identical IRs.
TAF-dedupped.xlsx

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom