Banned from TGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree at all with the common opinion in this thread about forum mods (here or elsewhere), the accusations and insults thrown. It's a terrible job, mostly done by volunteers to the best of their abilities and operating in concordance. It's always about the rules and how to interpret them. And there's a lot of bias. Many of you think that mods should operate more relaxed, but it starts with the forum members themselves: if only you knew how many reports are filed by forum members accusing other forum members.

I've owned internet forums, and also been a mod on others. It starts with following the rules. If a mod choses favorites, and doesn't follow the rules they themselves are bound to adhere to, things get ugly. If you agree to volunteer as a mod, you should be willing and able to deal with the baggage. If you can't or won't, you have no business being a mod. And TGP is full of mods who have no business being mods. Starting from the top.

Same for FAS forum. 🤷
FAS forum is a very specific place for people who use fas device or are interested in them. tgp is at least supposed to be an open space for discussion on various gear and music related topics and those morons have turned it into their little pawn arena where they exercise their authority fetishes and treat preferentially those who pay money.
in addition to this there is an overlaying mentality that everyone there is right about everything and their opinions are gospel. thats why there are so frequent fights in there.
also there is a stupid "lets diss fractal and appear cool" way of thinking and it shows. (even though their collective brainpower over a thousand years couldnt achieve 1/10 of what FAS has achieved so far in their field)

ps. in all the years i play music and use music gear i have not once ever had a problem solved or a question sufficiently answered by going to that place. just noise and annoying idiots everywhere. i understand fas should have representation there as far as marketing goes but in any other sense i'd say fck them and it's a badge of honor to be kicked out of that swamp

Last edited:
Thing is; there are fanboys for every platform. I get it and have no trouble with it.

For whatever reason; FAS fans are the ones that attract the attention whenever people are complaining about "fanboys". I honestly don't get it. There are some good peeps using the QC there now but there are also some sensitive to the point of absolute ridiculous people on that train and it is straight up 🤦‍♂️
lmao i call major bs on that. the proof? atomic's fanboys. it's also funny how such a small company/product could attract so many cement-brained annoying whining karens over there.
my theory is ppl like to whine about fas company/products/users because they think it makes them cool or some sht like that because fas is the big boy in the room. it's kind of pathetic and ends up in these ridiculous arguments in forums with the inevitable result of unqualified brain dead mods having to sort them out
tgp.jpg

Last edited:
In nearly 30 years of posting on forums, I’ve never seen someone banned from as many forums, repeatedly, as this guy. If this is one’s way of leaving a mark on the world, I’d suggest aiming higher than equating to a dog piss stain on a carpet.

Last edited:
Thing is; there are fanboys for every platform. I get it and have no trouble with it.

For whatever reason; FAS fans are the ones that attract the attention whenever people are complaining about "fanboys". I honestly don't get it. There are some good peeps using the QC there now but there are also some sensitive to the point of absolute ridiculous people on that train and it is straight up 🤦‍♂️

I haven't visited there 5 times in the last two years. Maybe it's different now, but every FAS based thread (no matter what the purpose) that popped up had a terrible amount of animosity and negativity going on. I read the other modeler threads also, there was never that level of hate going on in any of those.

By allowing this the mods are showing bias themselves.

Why this goes on - FEAR & $$$. A lot of people wanting to make purchases roam around there. When enough people tell you that you that they have the best thing, or discredit what you are considering... Always research your purchases and buy based on what tickles the most right spots, screw opinions.

But it's just a Gear Forum.

View attachment 98698
I feel dumb asking this, but where does that much money come from? Ads? Sponsor deals?

TBH, TGP’s gotten awful thirsty with emails lately: “Here are the trending topics, as if you don’t spend enough time on the internet already,” and “here is a new thing that nobody asked for and coincidentally requires a different unsubscribe request to opt out of.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom